Indianapolis Colts
The Peytonator

Add any five current players to our roster, who do you go with?

I’m bored and just killing time til Darius Leonard and Justin Houston send Flacco to an early retirement on Sunday. 

If if you could take any five players in the league; salary cap, age, and injuries all being factored in, who would you bring? This is based on our current roster. 

1. Patrick Mahomes - The man is a stud already and is going to be the face of the league for years to come. He’s hurt now but that wouldn’t concern me as it should heal up just fine and he’ll be back to his usual self. 

2. George Kittle - He’s not at a tremendously high impact position but he is the new Gronk; run blocks like a tackle, has the surest hands you can ask for, and is great with the ball in his hand. He’d end up taking most of the snaps from Ebron and Doyle but I don’t think anyone would complain that we have a true stud at TE. Plus Mahomes really likes Kelce so he’d have an even better one in Kittle. 

3. Aaron Donald - You can’t not have the best defensive player in football, and it’s at a position of relative weakness on our roster. 

4. Deion Jones - Very underrated LB and likely the best at coverage. I know we all love us some Darius Leonard, but we do overrate him in coverage a bit. Having Jones take the more difficult coverage assignments would work wonders for not being carved up by TEs and RBs. The difference between completion percentage without him on the field is mind boggling compared to when he is. 

5. Quinton Dunbar - I really wanted to make the last spot a secondary player, and I wanted it to be a corner but it’s hard to narrow down the perfect candidate. Dunbar isn’t a household name but for being undrafted a few years ago he has come a long way and is really starting to look like a stud. Sure, could have gone with Ramsey but I don’t like his attitude and think he’d cause locker room problems. Could’ve gone with Peterson but he’s aging a little and just got himself suspended, no thank you. Thought about Jaire Alexander but he’s still too unproven to me and doesn’t fit the mold, size wise that Ballard likes. 

• Like 2

In no particular order....

1. Michael Thomas - WR 

2. Miles Garrett - DE

3. Jamal Adams - SS

4. Stephon Gilmore - CB

5. Aaron Donald - DT

• Like 3

Christian McCaffery -- great RB, perfect fit for the team

Kyle Juszcyk -- best fullback in the NFL, again would allow us more weapons in the running game and can receive as well.

Chase Winovich -- a rookie edge rusher, but a guy I wanted in the draft and I think he has the versatility to make a pretty solid Will LB.  I think he's going to be a stud a few years down the road.

Joe Thuney -- he's the Patriots' best OL, and if you watched the Superbowl highlights you saw him contain Aaron Donald 1 on 1 multiple times.  I want Thuney.  Like outside this exercise I'd love to see Ballard bring him in.  I think his contract is coming up IRL and I want Ballard to poach him if possible.  I want to really juice up our OL as much as possible because good offense is born from a good wall

Jalen Ramsey -- juice up that secondary which has already played well.  We've seen what the Patriots are doing with their elite secondary.  I want a piece of the action

As for why I didn't take a quarterback I think Brissett has proved he's worth working with.  I'd rather invest in the guy we have than try to build a whole new sytem around a completely different QB.  Slotting in supporting pieces is different than replacing the centerpiece of the entire offense, which is something I do only very reluctantly.

Zack Martin - Him and Nelson will build a new IHOP center downtown. Indianapolis House of Pancakes .

Gilmore - Elite corner in zone and Man coverage.

Tyreek Hill - Moves him or Hilton to the slot and let the race begin

Donald - Best player in the league

Khalid Mack - Him and Donald on the line at the same time will be fun 

• Like 2

As much as I am starting to like Jacoby Brissett, my first choice would be Patrick Mahomes. He is the best QB in the league. It starts there, with the line we have he would never be touched.

2nd - Myles Garrett

3rd - Khalil Mack

4th - Aaron Donald

5th - Saquon Barkley - behind our line, he would dominate

Am I the only one that DOESN'T want Patrick Mahomes.  I honestly think the guy would change our identity too much. 

Jacoby Brissett is almost ideal for what Reich wants to do with our offense.  He's the QB we have and Frank has made him the QB we need.  Mahomes would never run a Reich style offense because it would hurt his numbers

I will admit that I'm a bit biased by seeing Reich's style of play beat Mahomes' style of play straight up at Arrowhead.  zbut personally I think we've already got the captain and offensive leader we need out there and I wouldn't trade it for a so-called elite guy, unless that guy had won something, and Mahomes hasn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

Am I the only one that DOESN'T want Patrick Mahomes.  I honestly think the guy would change our identity too much. 

Jacoby Brissett is almost ideal for what Reich wants to do with our offense.  He's the QB we have and Frank has made him the QB we need.  Mahomes would never run a Reich style offense because it would hurt his numbers

I will admit that I'm a bit biased by seeing Reich's style of play beat Mahomes' style of play straight up at Arrowhead.  zbut personally I think we've already got the captain and offensive leader we need out there and I wouldn't trade it for a so-called elite guy, unless that guy had won something, and Mahomes hasn't.

I didn't pick him either....and I like the ball-control, clock-bleeding style that Reich is developing with Jacoby as well.

And I hope I'm wrong about this.... because I don't wish injury on any of these guys.... but defensive coordinators are NOT going to just stand by and watch Mahomes simply have his way like he has....and sure enough he's beginning to absorb leg injuries and will continue to be targeted physically.

Is he able to be a pure pocket passer....yes.... but his real talents emerge when he rolls out and secondary coverage breaks down and he makes those "Matrix" throws or when he takes off and runs. I just don't know how well he'll hold up long-term.

Now....one could argue that our line is much better than KC's and therefore protect him better....and that would be correct.

But I still opted for Michael Thomas, who along with TY would give opposing secondaries coverage nightmares.... and my 4 selections on defense.... Adams, Gilmore, Donald and Garrett.... who are premier players at their positions.

18 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I am a Jacoby supporter but I would take Mahomes over him. Mahomes is a down to earth guy as well and I think he would roll with the flow. Mahomes just gives a team the upper hand in most games like Luck did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Guy threw 50 touchdowns his first year starting. He’s a Hybrid QB. Stay in the pocket or break containment and throw over the top. He would fit in any style like Rodgers. He’s by far the most talented QB in the league and currently the best qb as well

• Like 1

Mahomes

Donald

K Mack

Z Martin

S Barkley

we would dominate the league with this lineup. no could stop mahamos and barkely behind that line

Donald and Mack would own the los on D

• Like 1

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

Dallas Clark

Edgerrin James

Andrew Luck 

I know they aren’t in the league anymore, but if these 5 played on our current team, it would be unbelievable!

Christian McCaf- Best offensive weapon in the NFL this year

K Mack-Plug next to Leonard and duo would be unstoppable

A Donald- Elite nuff said

Fletcher Cox- Put next to Donald and opponents run game stopped dead in tracks

Tyron Smith- Update LT position and protect QB long time

10 hours ago, runthepost said:

Zack Martin - Him and Nelson will build a new IHOP center downtown. Indianapolis House of Pancakes .

Gilmore - Elite corner in zone and Man coverage.

Tyreek Hill - Moves him or Hilton to the slot and let the race begin

Donald - Best player in the league

Khalid Mack - Him and Donald on the line at the same time will be fun 

SOLID!!!

• Like 1

Myles Garrett

Aaron Donald

Damon Harrison

Khalil Mack

(beast D-line)

Michael Thomas

Sampson from "The Longest Yard" as a defensive lineman. at 7'2', he would bat down all passes over the middle.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bobby Boucher from "Waterboy" at LB

ADAM-SANDLER-AKA-BOBBY-BOUCHER-THE-WATER

Willie Beamen from "Any Given Sunday" at QB. That way the team has someone to get sick in the huddle.

B001EM7ESE_AnyGivenSunday_UXWB1._V143196

Phill Elliot from North Dallas Forty...because every franchise needs as aging WR diva, who has been benched and relies heavily on painkillers.

4649887_orig.jpg

...and lastly, when a FG goes wide right, we need someone to blame. Ray Finkle for "Laces out, Dan!"

ray_400x400.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

Dallas Clark

Edgerrin James

Peyton Manning

I know they aren’t in the league anymore, but if these 5 played on our current team, it would be unbelievable!

Fixed it for ya.

1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

Fixed it for ya.

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

Dallas Clark

Edgerrin James 

Peyton Manning

17 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Mahomes

Donald

K Mack

Z Martin

S Barkley

we would dominate the league with this lineup. no could stop mahamos and barkely behind that line

Donald and Mack would own the los on D

I could live with this! 

• Like 1

1. Aaron Donald

2. Myles Garrett 

You can't believe in oline and dline importance and not bolster your d-line. 

3. Stephen Gilmore

Adding those 3 defensive players onto this young roster would form a top 3 defense, IMO. Subtract whoever you want to replace and they are still top 3. 

4. Russell Wilson. 

5. Saquon Barkley.

On 10/26/2019 at 3:38 AM, pacolts56 said:

In no particular order....

1. Michael Thomas - WR 

2. Miles Garrett - DE

3. Jamal Adams - SS

4. Stephon Gilmore - CB

5. Aaron Donald - DT

Agree with all, except replace Jamal Adams with Khalil Mack.