Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sound familiar?

csmopar

3 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

It has been attributed to Einstein saying it - not that he didn't repeat it from some other source from a prior time. As with most quotes, you can never really tell.

Trust me, there is zero proof he ever said it, let alone was the originator. It’s held up as a classic example of misquotation. 

Wow, another rag on Pagano thread. 

That's funny. Pagano had a better record his first two years than Reich has. The way everyone is talking about Reich is exactly what was said about Pagano. 

Pagano was expected to produce with a team that was lacking in talent. 

In two seasons how many talented players are still with the team when Pagano was here? 

38 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's funny. Pagano had a better record his first two years than Reich has. The way everyone is talking about Reich is exactly what was said about Pagano. 

In two seasons how many talented players are still with the team when Pagano was here? 

In the Indianapolis Colts era being from 1984-now, the only 2 coaches clearly that were better than Chuck were Dungy and Reich. Reich is definitely better as he just has a better offensive mind and is great with analytics. So far Reich is 14-8 in the regular season as well and has a playoff win.

Having said all of that, Chuck wasn't bad, didn't suck, etc.. He was an average coach that had a decent record. His players played hard for him as well. He catches way too much flack on here from some people. Grigson deserves most of the blame for our failures in the Luck era, that is just my opinion.

• Like 2

I often wonder what coach Pagano would have done if he had not been tied to Grigson. Coach Dungy was great, but he had Polian who is in the Hall of Fame in his own right as a GM.

Riech is good. But he too is tied to great GM.  I understand its subjective, but I blame most of the Colts prior problems on Grigson and not Pagano.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, t-rex said:

I often wonder what coach Pagano would have done if he had not been tied to Grigson. Coach Dungy was great, but he had Polian who is in the Hall of Fame in his own right as a GM.

Riech is good. But he too is tied to great GM.  I understand its subjective, but I blame most of the Colts prior problems on Grigson and not Pagano.

I think Dungy and Reich are better but outside of that, Chuck is not much different than Marchibroda, Meyer, Caldwell, or Mora for example. I really don't count Arians because that was Chuck's team and he only coached 12 games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, t-rex said:

I  agree 100%. It's easy to point the finger at Pagano because he was the head coach but the problems the Colts had went much deeper than him. 

Having a GM with the personality that Grigson had would be tough on any head coach. 

I think Grigson winning the GM of the year went to his head. 

From what I understand Ballard balances his draft picks with input from all involved while Grigson didn't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I  agree 100%. It's easy to point the finger at Pagano because he was the head coach but the problems the Colts had went much deeper than him. 

Having a GM with the personality that Grigson had would be tough on any head coach. 

I think Grigson winning the GM of the year went to his head. 

From what I understand Ballard balances his draft picks with input from all involved while Grigson didn't. 

Grigson was also gifted Andrew Luck hence the 11-5 record. Without Andrew there would've been no GM of the year IMO. 

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I thought Pagano missed year two!

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Grigson was also gifted Andrew Luck hence the 11-5 record. Without Andrew there would've been no GM of the year IMO. 

hard to say what the alternative would have been if we didnt get luck.   I remember at one point grigson said he was very interested in wilson before the draft, but no word on if he would have taken him in the first or second round 

wish i could find a link to that, it was more of a verbal side comment than a major story.  there were a lot of qbs in that draft too, no way he wins GM of the year if he takes Tannehill or Cousins 

IMO, Chuck was a product of his coordinators, both good and bad. Replacing Pep with Chud, and Manusky with Monachino, were his undoing. Don't remember if those were Grigson moves or Pagano moves, or both, but when you bring in inferior replacements at OC and DC it's hard to compete, unless the HC is a stud, so to speak.