Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Chloe6124

Nick Sirriani one of most talked about young HC candidates

Ahhh...the downside of being successful rears its ugly head again in the rumor mill.

If Sirianni does decide to go to another team we still have the architect of the offensive scheme in Reich, so, while the familiarity of working closely with him is gone there will be less chance of a *big* difference bringing in someone new (or promoting someone else on staff).  Have to look up if any of the other coordiators have had the most experience.  Don't know offhand.

Now if Eberflus decides to go to another team, THAT would be major, in my opinion.

I was literally just thinking about this possibility yesterday. Really won’t be surprised if he gets interviews. I’d be intrigued by him if I was looking for a HC.

I don’t think Sirianni gets enough credit. Mostly because he’s rarely talked about at all, and I get why, he doesn’t call the plays. But then again, neither did Reich in Philly.

Siriani  leaves and the QB coach takes his place. He’s been working closely with them so it would be his turn.

• Like 3

Sirianni learning and taking notes from how Reich conducts himself/coaches is monumental. I can see why he'd be a hot HC candidate. He'd at least have an idea of how great head coaching is done..

He's a wildcard. Could be boom or bust in a HC position. I think it would serve him better to have another year or two as OC even if he isn't calling plays. On the other hand, if he gets a nice offer, I won't blame him for leaving. 

I believe this article was young coaches who might get jobs a few years down the line. I think there was a age criteria and that is one reason Eberflus wasn’t mentioned.

That's the beauty of having an offensive-minded HC...can just bring in another OC and let Siriani move on to get his big shot. I have always preferred having an OC type as HC.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's a wildcard. Could be boom or bust in a HC position. I think it would serve him better to have another year or two as OC even if he isn't calling plays. On the other hand, if he gets a nice offer, I won't blame him for leaving. 

Seems like these young OCs are all WCs as HC...except for Shanahan. He was a sure thing IMO. And while I love having Reich...Shanahan was the guy I wanted more than anyone else. All is well that ends well...but I still have no idea why the Colts didn't make a strong push for him when they brought in Ballard. A Ballard/Shanahan duo would have been nasty.

• Like 1

Remember when Pep was the next hotshot young OC...those were the days. I guess they weren't entirely wrong...since he is technically now a HC of a pro football team.

20 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Seems like these young OCs are all WCs as HC...except for Shanahan. He was a sure thing IMO. And while I love having Reich...Shanahan was the guy I wanted more than anyone else. All is well that ends well...but I still have no idea why the Colts didn't make a strong push for him when they brought in Ballard. A Ballard/Shanahan duo would have been nasty.

I was also a fan of Shanahan. ATL not doing so well without him. I'm sure Ryan misses him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I was also a fan of Shanahan. ATL not doing so well without him. I'm sure Ryan misses him.

ATL definitely misses him. They are still a top 10 offense because of all of that talent...but they were elite with him as OC. That's the difference coaching can make. And they haven't had a rushing attack since he left. Injuries played a role in that...but he it's no coincidence that SFG has the run game they do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

If Sirianni departs, maybe Chudzinski could return?

I doubt it. Like previously mentioned, I think we'll just hire within.

Interesting tidbit from the article - he was invited to interview with Cleveland for their HC position, but turned it down to focus on the playoff run. 

3 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

If Sirianni departs, maybe Chudzinski could return?

Marcus Brady would be promoted. He's highly respected in the building. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MTC said:

Interesting tidbit from the article - he was invited to interview with Cleveland for their HC position, but turned it down to focus on the playoff run. 

Marcus Brady would be promoted. He's highly respectable in the building. 

I have seen that about Marcus Brady on twitter that he might be the guy.

As much as our FO has overcome, I don’t worry about much anymore. The only thing that would cause me to worry is can we beat the Pats. Can Reich match wits with BB? Eventually ?