Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Nadine

Andrew Luck Perma Merge thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

luck is not a colt why is this in colts football ? mods?

Unless he joins another team, this thread belongs here

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

luck is not a colt why is this in colts football ? mods?

 

Technically we still own his rights, but regardless, he's retired and not playing for another team. If we had a topic about Peyton and his time here, should that not be in the Colts section? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew Luck retired due to the never ending cycle of injury and recovery.

 

Does anyone else see the irony if Andrew were to be asked to rejoin the Colts after Brisset just sustained an injury?

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

Andrew Luck retired due to the never ending cycle of injury and recovery.

 

Does anyone else see the irony if Andrew were to be asked to rejoin the Colts after Brisset just sustained an injury?


It’s that ironic it might just work...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll tell you one thing. I never want to hear about my QB again "he's got the mentality of a LB".

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Colts fans.  :default_20smile:  Forgive me if anyone posted on this already, but does Andrew Luck deserve, and warrant,  to be immortalized in the Colts Ring Of Honor at LOS (the building)?  He did and was part of the Colts teams that won two AFC South division championships in 2013 and 2014, and four playoff appearances among his leadership in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2018, reaching as far as the 2014 AFC Championship game where the Patriots allegedly  won over our Colts during the 'Deflategate' scandal.

 

Andrew played all seven seasons in the NFL with the Colts.  I doubt Andrew's  stats won't also earn him the gold suit and also immortalized for the NFL's Pro Football Hall Of Fame.  As a fan, I totally agree, in order, his personal well-being, before  his family, and his job (the Colts), is his option to continue his live long and prosperous live after football. 

 

To me as a fan, I respect Andrew's decision, I would have taken the same difficult decision if I were in his position. But I'm still shaking off, and I hope I'm not the only Colts fan, when he announced his sudden retirement after the preseason, but before the start of the regular season last summer.

 

Luck left something on the field remaining to be accomplished (Super Bowl), he still had a career ahead of him, and haven't fulfilled his and the Colts team to further improve their excellence in the field, such as advancing the the promised land, the Super Bowl eventually.

 

He says is still supporting the Colts, and remains living in the Indianapolis area, probably year round.

 

Thanks for your contributions both on and off the field the past seven seasons as an active player with the Colts, Andrew, and pardon the pun, Great Luck In Your Life! :coltslogo: . :1colts:  :colts: :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :)

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have strong feelings about Andrew, from the expectations that were placed on him, to following his career, to his surprise retirement. I think I shall share with you a quote from the great science fiction writer Frank Herbert, that mirrors my own feelings. Since Andrew was a voracious reader, I would hope that he would appreciate this.....

 

“Here lies a toppled god.
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 12:01 PM, LucasOilStadium said:

Hi, Colts fans.  :default_20smile:  Forgive me if anyone posted on this already, but does Andrew Luck deserve, and warrant,  to be immortalized in the Colts Ring Of Honor at LOS (the building)?  He did and was part of the Colts teams that won two AFC South division championships in 2013 and 2014, and four playoff appearances among his leadership in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2018, reaching as far as the 2014 AFC Championship game where the Patriots allegedly  won over our Colts during the 'Deflategate' scandal.

 

Andrew played all seven seasons in the NFL with the Colts.  I doubt Andrew's  stats won't also earn him the gold suit and also immortalized for the NFL's Pro Football Hall Of Fame.  As a fan, I totally agree, in order, his personal well-being, before  his family, and his job (the Colts), is his option to continue his live long and prosperous live after football. 

 

To me as a fan, I respect Andrew's decision, I would have taken the same difficult decision if I were in his position. But I'm still shaking off, and I hope I'm not the only Colts fan, when he announced his sudden retirement after the preseason, but before the start of the regular season last summer.

 

Luck left something on the field remaining to be accomplished (Super Bowl), he still had a career ahead of him, and haven't fulfilled his and the Colts team to further improve their excellence in the field, such as advancing the the promised land, the Super Bowl eventually.

 

He says is still supporting the Colts, and remains living in the Indianapolis area, probably year round.

 

Thanks for your contributions both on and off the field the past seven seasons as an active player with the Colts, Andrew, and pardon the pun, Great Luck In Your Life! :coltslogo: . :1colts:  :colts: :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :)

 

 

 

 

He’s more deserved than Faulk.  That’s for sure 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.  I understand his reason for retiring, and actually applaud his decision to put his family first but the whole process of him being signed here sucked from the start.  Andrew had all the talent to get us to the big prize but didn't have the help he needed.  

 

I have said many times, we have the best owner in the NFL but his decision to hang on to Grigson, who failed to draft or sign players to protect Luck was one of reason's for the injuries that caused him to walk away.

 

I refuse to put any blame on Pags, or his coaching staff, they only had the tools Grigson provided them.

 

Now we have the off field injuries. rumor or fact?

 

I think Andrew done as well as any QB could do in this whole situation.  Great QB?  IF he would have stuck it out this year, could have been epic, Ring of Honor, sorry, not in my opinion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ojsglove said:

I understand his reason for retiring

 

Can of worms open (I wasn't here for this and I kind decided to avoid it for some time). I don't know why he did it. I mean I can look at the list of reasons and process the information, but comparing it to the actual timeline of events, it doesn't actually make a whole lot of sense. Why did this take so long to diagnose, why did it run down to the last minute? I know the injuries he sustained prior sucked for him to rehab, but he did play last season and then he played in the Pro Bowl? (!!.. ugh) And the injury that ended it all was/is an ankle after not being able to throw for two-ish years. After having his body blow'd up, to recover it all and then to let a lingering ankle injury with no obvious point of origin cause him to decide retirement at 29 is the move, when literally no one does this (starting QB's and elite ones at that).. As a fan I have more questions than most, and it's been pointed out to me that having these questions means I'm not really a fan or something. I find the whole thing vexing and strange. Andrew will get in the ring of honor, but maybe he shouldn't . He kind of screwed his team and franchise- AND I think the brass agree's but know's better than to express that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on Andrew Luck becoming a dad! We sure miss you, but I'm glad you are living life in the way you deserve! Here here to Lucy Luck! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can talk about drafting quarterbacks, but the Colts could be chasing a good quarterback for the next 20 years. The most obvious way to fix most of our problems is to hope Andrew is healed up and ready to go again by next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

We can talk about drafting quarterbacks, but the Colts could be chasing a good quarterback for the next 20 years. The most obvious way to fix most of our problems is to hope Andrew is healed up and ready to go again by next season.

U ask me, he awes this fanbase a return. He has taken zero responsibility for his own actions. I'm going to be ready for wk 1. Then the week before retirement he's doing qb drills with a smile on his face in front of fans. Then just abruptly retires and says he chose himself or some crap. Come to think lf it, just draft Tua. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GusFring said:

U ask me, he awes this fanbase a return. He has taken zero responsibility for his own actions. I'm going to be ready for wk 1. Then the week before retirement he's doing qb drills with a smile on his face in front of fans. Then just abruptly retires and says he chose himself or some crap. Come to think lf it, just draft Tua. 

1380482380_bell.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would you guys think of going after bridgwater is the saints let him go after this season. I don’t think they will but could be a option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

What would you guys think of going after bridgwater is the saints let him go after this season. I don’t think they will but could be a option.

 

I'd rather draft a QB honestly...

 

That's just me though, don't want to load up on middle of the road guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tua might be there without having to trade up.  Might be just as good as any other option out there.  Certainly won't be much to choose from in FA.  I used to be against the "mobile" QB.  Until this year.  Guys are dominating the league right now.  I'd cover all bases on that hip first though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot can happen between now and next season:

 

1. Luck will have had enough time with his new born daughter to feel like he can get back to training. Things would have settled down and the family would be in a daily routine. 

 

2. Luck will have had enough time to fully rest up and get healthy.

 

3. Luck is very mindful of others, especially his friends. He would not attempt a come back if Jacoby was doing well. But Jacoby has struggled and Luck may realize that they need him.

 

4. Luck has to realize that the opportunity to return and play on a team with a solid O-line, great run game, and a solid defense is something he never had during his time with the Colts. This could be a great opportunity for a legitimate shot at the Superbowl. (This year's team could've been a serious contender with Luck).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it odd that this guy continues to live in the city. Someone on twitter said they saw him at whole foods. I thought for sure he would go to some place in Europe to relocate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GusFring said:

I find it odd that this guy continues to live in the city. Someone on twitter said they saw him at whole foods. I thought for sure he would go to some place in Europe to relocate. 


What can you say, Whole Foods is not to be sniffed at. 
 

We’ve got Morrison’s :dunno:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...