Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injuring Opponents

Lucky Colts Fan

This might be kind of a taboo topic, but has anyone else noticed how many players on the opposite teams are getting injured when they play the Colts?

I understand injuries are part of every game, but it seems like these Colts are sidelining opponents every week.  From Melvin Ingram in week 1, to Mahomes and Chris Jones in KC, to Will Fuller and Jonathan Joseph on the Texans this past week.  There have been more along the way, I just can't remember them all.

This Colts team is playing a very intimidating and physically punishing brand of football.  I'm not saying it's a good thing to injure your opponent, but if upcoming opponents notice that it's becoming a theme every week, it might be in the back of their head on gameday, giving the Colts a slight psychological advantage before the game even starts.  :dunno:

The "soft" Colts of yesteryear are gone.  This Colts team is the new bully on the block.  :gym:

• Like 2

The Colts are playing physical...but I would venture to guess that the turf has more impact than the Colts style of play. It's not like it's concussions, contusions, cracked ribs, broken bones, etc...all of those guys have groin and leg issues I think. 

Edit: Though Mahomes was definitely result of the physical play. They intended to...and did...beat him up.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

The Colts are playing physical...but I would venture to guess that the turf has more impact than the Colts style of play. It's not like it's concussions, contusions, cracked ribs, broken bones, etc...all of those guys have groin and leg issues I think. 

Edit: Though Mahomes was definitely result of the physical play. They intended to...and did...beat him up.

Well, Mahommes' ankle was already injured and his own player stepped on it to re-aggravate the injury.  I guess physical play pushed the lineman back so he could step on Mahommes ankle.

To the OP, yeah the Colts are suffering from the Full Nelson effect.  While some may complain that will make the Colts players targets, it's nice to see.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Well, Mahommes' ankle was already injured and his own player stepped on it to re-aggravate the injury.  I guess physical play pushed the lineman back so he could step on Mahommes ankle.

To the OP, yeah the Colts are suffering from the Full Nelson effect.  While some may complain that will make the Colts players targets, it's nice to see.

Yeah...but they finished hits on him a few times if I recall...and I am sure it didn't help.

I don't think the Colts are playing dirty or anything...so I would hope they don't become targets.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This might be kind of a taboo topic, but has anyone else noticed how many players on the opposite teams are getting injured when they play the Colts?

I understand injuries are part of every game, but it seems like these Colts are sidelining opponents every week.  From Melvin Ingram in week 1, to Mahomes and Chris Jones in KC, to Will Fuller and Jonathan Joseph on the Texans this past week.  There have been more along the way, I just can't remember them all.

This Colts team is playing a very intimidating and physically punishing brand of football.  I'm not saying it's a good thing to injure your opponent, but if upcoming opponents notice that it's becoming a theme every week, it might be in the back of their head on gameday, giving the Colts a slight psychological advantage before the game even starts.  :dunno:

The "soft" Colts of yesteryear are gone.  This Colts team is the new bully on the block.  :gym:

Melvin Ingram held out, he wasn't injured

31 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

TBH, he suffered the high ankle issue week 1.  A Colt pass rusher did bull rush Mahomes team mate back to where that team mate stepped on the injured ankle.  That was a re-injure, from friendly fire.

The NFL is a 100% injury sport. It's not unexpected that an injury may happen to 1 or more players (sometimes per game), but doesn't slow a player down. In fact, I hear more injuries come from relaxing/slowing down in play. But I do feel the Colts 'soft' tag has disappeared as well.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Yeah...but they finished hits on him a few times if I recall...and I am sure it didn't help.

I don't think the Colts are playing dirty or anything...so I would hope they don't become targets.

Sorry, if somehow I indicated I thought you were trying to say the Colts were playing dirty, that was not my intent.  Just pointing out it wasn't really a Colts player that injured Mahommes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, deedub75 said:

2013 playoff game against the Chiefs they sent sent nearly all the Chiefs players to the locker room. 

Gronk also broke his arm during a PAT against the Colts. 

Let’s not forget about the chicken leg snap on the Raiders QB a few years back. I actually hated that because they really had a shot to beat the Pats that year. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 10:56 AM, aaron11 said:

yeah i noticed this, i think LoS might be a factor too (hard turf)?

as for mahomes he already had an angle injury and his own lineman stepped on it in that game 

that and the KC game was played in KC so I don't think the LoS turf came into play. :P