Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
CR91

Sheard and Houston the past two games

Recommended Posts

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheard coming back has allowed Houston to just concentrate on rushing the passer. I except a big game from them Sunday with that bad Denver oline and the statue that is FLACCO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, as much as I like Sheard I was on the side of thinking we should let him go at the end of the season. I think I've changed my stance on that though. I definitely wouldn't mind having him and Houston man the edges (for the most part) for another season. He's just been too good here, in all aspects, on the field and off the field.

He's that prototypical set the edge kind of guy, and for the past couple weeks especially, has gotten to the QB really well. He, along with Houston, are great guys to have our young ends learn from.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

You know, as much as I like Sheard I was on the side of thinking we should let him go at the end of the season. I think I've changed my stance on that though. I definitely wouldn't mind having him and Houston man the edges (for the most part) for another season. He's just been too good here, in all aspects, on the field and off the field.

He's that prototypical set the edge kind of guy, and for the past couple weeks especially, has gotten to the QB really well. He, along with Houston, are great guys to have our young ends learn from.

 

I agree.  Hopefully Turay bounces back healthy and we bring in another young DE or 2, which could reduce the amount of snaps Sheard/Houston get next year, but they are both still playing at a high level and are good character guys and all-around football players.  Sure can't hurt to have our young guys get groomed by those 2.

 

Since Sheard has been back, it seems like there's been significant improvement in Autry's game as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those two could prove big for us down the stretch if we make a run.  Having those vets on this young D (and team) helps balnce the lack of experience.  And both of the played for some good coaches and teams. (NE and KC)

I expect the them to soon turn it up a notch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d guess Ballard would try to bring them both back on at least a short term deal, maybe a two year heavily front loaded

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheard is beast defending the run. Since his return to the lineup, everyone is playing better. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Sheard is beast defending the run. Since his return to the lineup, everyone is playing better. 

The D does seem to have stiffened a bit since his return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

The D does seem to have stiffened a bit since his return. 

One thing Sheard brings is that he guards the backside well. Early in the season we were getting burnt by miss direction stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Sheard is beast defending the run. Since his return to the lineup, everyone is playing better. 

 

Agreed. The run defense is much better. Before we were getting gashed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

He's that prototypical set the edge kind of guy, and for the past couple weeks especially, has gotten to the QB really well.

This^ That’s what’s been impressing me the most out of Sheard. He’s really good at setting the edge, but has a knack for getting pressure/hits on the QB. He and Houston are pretty darn formidable imo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...