Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sheard and Houston the past two games

CR91

You know, as much as I like Sheard I was on the side of thinking we should let him go at the end of the season. I think I've changed my stance on that though. I definitely wouldn't mind having him and Houston man the edges (for the most part) for another season. He's just been too good here, in all aspects, on the field and off the field.

He's that prototypical set the edge kind of guy, and for the past couple weeks especially, has gotten to the QB really well. He, along with Houston, are great guys to have our young ends learn from.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

You know, as much as I like Sheard I was on the side of thinking we should let him go at the end of the season. I think I've changed my stance on that though. I definitely wouldn't mind having him and Houston man the edges (for the most part) for another season. He's just been too good here, in all aspects, on the field and off the field.

He's that prototypical set the edge kind of guy, and for the past couple weeks especially, has gotten to the QB really well. He, along with Houston, are great guys to have our young ends learn from.

I agree.  Hopefully Turay bounces back healthy and we bring in another young DE or 2, which could reduce the amount of snaps Sheard/Houston get next year, but they are both still playing at a high level and are good character guys and all-around football players.  Sure can't hurt to have our young guys get groomed by those 2.

Since Sheard has been back, it seems like there's been significant improvement in Autry's game as well.

• Like 1

Those two could prove big for us down the stretch if we make a run.  Having those vets on this young D (and team) helps balnce the lack of experience.  And both of the played for some good coaches and teams. (NE and KC)

I expect the them to soon turn it up a notch.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

He's that prototypical set the edge kind of guy, and for the past couple weeks especially, has gotten to the QB really well.

This^ That’s what’s been impressing me the most out of Sheard. He’s really good at setting the edge, but has a knack for getting pressure/hits on the QB. He and Houston are pretty darn formidable imo. 

• Like 1