Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans Looking At Saturday

SubZero

Can anyone verify this rumor? I really don't think the Titans would be a good fit for Manning. I wanted to see Peyton & Jeff reunited on the same o-line, but not in Tennessee more like Denver. I hate this idea. Steer clear of the AFC South & go see if you can duplicate Lombardi victories late in your career just like John Elway did.

On NFL.com it says the Titans have been interested in signing Saturday. First we would lose our best lineman. Second this could help bring Manning in to Tennesse.

As long as Peyton doesnt go to Denver in fine.

Where? I don't see any reference to it other than LaConfora theorizing that it would make sense because the Titans have "a gaping hole" at center.

If it actually happened (on top of the Hutchinson signing) that would certainly suggest a Manning tie in - but it would also be pretty nuts for from the Titans perspective. All three of them are about 35 if I'm not mistaken. I'd like Peyton to play for a strong team build around him, not a seniors league team comprised of his buddies. Very strange.

Where? I don't see any reference to it other than LaConfora theorizing that it would make sense because the Titans have "a gaping hole" at center.

If it actually happened (on top of the Hutchinson signing) that would certainly suggest a Manning tie in - but it would also be pretty nuts for from the Titans perspective. All three of them are about 35 if I'm not mistaken. I'd like Peyton to play for a strong team build around him, not a seniors league team comprised of his buddies. Very strange.

They all need to win within the next couple years, seems like a good fit to me...

They all need to win within the next couple years, seems like a good fit to me...

But I would expect Peyton to be able to play effectively until he is 40-41 like Favre did. A lineman wouldn't even be close to that. Do they ALL think that every lineman is the next Bruce Mathews. There must be something in the water.

Why sign with a team that you know is going to be struggling with a declining oline and then two key retirements?

Hutchinson and now Saturday?

Are they trying to put together an Oline of soon to be retirees?

Hutchinson was the best guard....5 years ago. Saturday was one of the best centers...4 years ago.

I understand Peyton knows them well but neither guy is close to the same player they once were.

Denver's Oline would still be alot better.

its going to be a "package" deal. I think Jeff wants to retire but will hang around with Peyton if possible.

Titans have a good o-line and some threats on offense.

Texans are still the team to beat in the AFC south but they did just lose Mario Williams.

This was the biggest worry I had about letting PM go, that he could end up in our division. :/

Hutchinson and now Saturday?

Are they trying to put together an Oline of soon to be retirees?

Hutchinson was the best guard....5 years ago. Saturday was one of the best centers...4 years ago.

I understand Peyton knows them well but neither guy is close to the same player they once were.

Denver's Oline would still be alot better.

Saturday was terrific last year, but I do agree with Denver's Oline being much better.

its going to be a "package" deal. I think Jeff wants to retire but will hang around with Peyton if possible.

Titans have a good o-line and some threats on offense.

Texans are still the team to beat in the AFC south but they did just lose Mario Williams.

This was the biggest worry I had about letting PM go, that he could end up in our division. :/

Their D was awesone without Mario though.

I would still favor Houston regardless because I think they have the most complete team on both sides of the ball. Unless Schaub got hurt again.

lol that OL is going to be the oldest one in the league

Old but good.

Manning hasn't had an O-line like that since the Colts' Superbowl win.

He must be "licking his chops" at having "Brady-like" time in the pocket and huge holes for CJ........play-action will be nasty

Well they are trying to get Manning and they have a hole at center. Jeff still has 2 years imo left in him. Time to fill a hole and find a replacement. Seems logical. They struggled running the ball so they are trying to help their running game. To me this is a mehh. Why are we trying to link Jeff to Peyton??? Clearly Reggie wasn't lol!

On NFL.com it says the Titans have been interested in signing Saturday. First we would lose our best lineman. Second this could help bring Manning in to Tennesse.

As long as Peyton doesnt go to Denver in fine.

If Manning and Saturday reunite and play together next season things won't go well for whatever team they're on. Jeff Saturday has been the biggest reason why we've had problems running the ball the past 3 years. Jeff Saturday has went down hill big time blocking up front for the run. I think that's also one of the Colts problems the past several years, the Colts organization has always developed this liking for players on a personal level that they tend to forget about how good the actual player is. Well, that whole deal is gone and we're about to see some good overall TEAM football the next time the Colts play. I love everything our Colts have been doing so far. Don't get me wrong, the players they're letting go will be missed but soon we're going to find out what football is truly all about. GO COLTS!!!