Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are we the 1988 Colts ( only better) ?

HOF19

In 1988 we went 9 and 7 .We had a right tackle named Kevin Call...…. A  center named Ray Donaldson (Pro Bowl 4 straight seasons from 1986 to 1989.)  ……. A left tackle named Chris Hinton (named to seven Pro Bowls and recognized as a three-time All-Pro, along with becoming the first offensive lineman to appear in the Pro Bowl as a rookie. After retiring, Hinton was inducted into the Indianapolis Colts Ring of Honor ) Averaged almost 150 yards a game rushing ( Had some guy named Dickerson who in 1988 had 1659 yard rushing AND 377 yards in reception yards ) …………. Here in 2019 we seem to have some budding stars on our offensive line . We are averaging right now 128.7 yards a game rushing. So do we start with our running game and Jacoby ain't exactly playing to bad either (he is #2 in NFL in TD's ) .So we can build on a running game behind an ever improving O-line . So 9-7 (or better ) ? …….GO COLTS !!!!! 

And by April, 1990, the Colts traded Hinton for the chance to draft Jeff George.  I said at the time- doesn’t matter if the QB can throw a 100 yard, on the mark pass- he can’t be good if he’s laying on his back every play...

I trust that Ballard won’t repeat that, and trade away our Best Lineman for a chance to draft a potentially good QB.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

By "stuff," I meant the idea that CB might trade Q.

I thought you meant the original thread.  I just meant that I trust CB is smarter than the 1990 Colts.  He certainly appears so.  The original poster mentioned Hinton. The Colts traded Hinton when he was All Pro.