Indianapolis Colts
Steamboat_Shaun

Brissett drug tested following yesterday's game?

49 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm fine with that.  Although one thing I do have to note though.  I'm not entirely sure if it makes sense with QB's off career passing days.  Performance enhancing drugs to my understanding make you faster and stronger.  

I'm not sure what if any PED's would help you stand in the pocket delivering accurate strikes. 

Hmmm, how about the use of Adderall, for one?

{which is both a Performance Enhancing Substance ( PES ) and a drug of Substance Abuse (Recreational )

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2019 at 4:21 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Oh I don't doubt that he'll pass, I just found the timing interesting is all. Has the game of his career then gets "randomly" tested... probably not a coincidence.

NFL just trying to cripple us.

On 10/22/2019 at 5:24 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Maybe!  Up to 10 players can be tested! That leaves 9 more of the 46 as potentials...

5 tests for Zach, 5 tests for JB

8 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

5 tests for Zach, 5 tests for JB

Gee 'wizz' ...

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2019 at 9:33 PM, Stephen said:

Brissett  might have to complete  25 of 25 passes for 500 yards and 7tds with 0 ints to impress him.

If the man can’t somehow get a stat line of 40 for 25 passes with at least 6td’s and no tipped balls or int’s, color me not impressed :lol:

On 10/22/2019 at 12:22 PM, Valpo2004 said:

Here is the thing about the drug testing.  Why does the NFL try to insist that it's random?  It's obviously not and why would that bother ANYONE?

The most dominate players out there should get the most testing.  

Feels like the NFL realizes this but for some reason thinks it's going to offend our sensibilities if they admit to that and continue to claim that it's all random.

It's not random and I don't think anyone thinks it should have to be.  I don't mind testing a guy after a career day.  I don't mind if the best players out there are being tested every 2 or 3 weeks while the team's 6th string wide receiver gets tested only once a year.  

Is there anyone here who thinks that is wrong?  

It is random, today, we randomly choose this guy. That’s random enough for me :stir: 

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2019 at 11:28 AM, HungarianColtsFan said:

Winny nailed a FG from 50some yard few years ago, and he was "randomly " drug tested too...

On 10/22/2019 at 12:22 PM, Valpo2004 said:

Here is the thing about the drug testing.  Why does the NFL try to insist that it's random?  It's obviously not and why would that bother ANYONE?

It's done independently (Lab not part of the NFL), and just 10 of the 46 players are selected via computer, not a human.

It's not random and I don't think anyone thinks it should have to be.  I don't mind testing a guy after a career day.  I don't mind if the best players out there are being tested every 2 or 3 weeks while the team's 6th string wide receiver gets tested only once a year.  

The computer selects, but how was the computer programmed to make selections?  I'm betting it wasn't a true random number generator subroutine type of thing. Stats input seems reasonable.

Is there anyone here who thinks that is wrong?  

Not here.  It makes sense, but I would not admit my computer selections were not random either.  ;)

The NFL called Brissett in for a drug test and his urine was blue, at that point the lab people said you are not human and get out of here, it is all good man. Jacoby Brissett Mind Blown GIF by Bleacher Report