Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett drug tested following yesterday's game?

Steamboat_Shaun

11 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

No doubt he'll pass.  JB7 doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who needs PEDs, his style is more cerebral than athletic

Oh I don't doubt that he'll pass, I just found the timing interesting is all. Has the game of his career then gets "randomly" tested... probably not a coincidence.

14 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I wonder if Aaron Rogers found one of those little notes on his locker yesterday..........

Aaron's locker gets stuffed with valentine's cards year round, I hear the NFL buys them in bulk.  In Aaron's case, per CBA, the shield considers the refs to be "more like mailmen than officials". 

In GB the crews even stuff the heads of their flags with those chalky little heart shaped candies.  They say it makes them fly in a smoother arc, but we know better..."Hope to see you in Feb" is second only to "Pick Me".

Side bar: coveted "Rodger's Urine" is only collected for DNA to be used in Collinsworth's legacy basement cloning operation(s).  Rumor had it he's already got a gallon of Mahomes down there.

14 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Winny nailed a FG from 50some yard few years ago, and he was "randomly " drug tested too...

Pooh got drug tested?  That's just not right.

14 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

"Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

The fact that many people have responded to this thread, there is something to discuss here.

20 hours ago, CR91 said:

Pat has tons of stories of getting "randomly" drug tested after hitting 60+ yard punts

Here is the thing about the drug testing.  Why does the NFL try to insist that it's random?  It's obviously not and why would that bother ANYONE?

The most dominate players out there should get the most testing.  

Feels like the NFL realizes this but for some reason thinks it's going to offend our sensibilities if they admit to that and continue to claim that it's all random.

It's not random and I don't think anyone thinks it should have to be.  I don't mind testing a guy after a career day.  I don't mind if the best players out there are being tested every 2 or 3 weeks while the team's 6th string wide receiver gets tested only once a year.  

Is there anyone here who thinks that is wrong?  

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah, this is not real.  Seems like this would break all sorts of privacy laws and regulations.

Interesting, is notice of requirement to visit a medical rep considered PHI?  And was it disseminated by a 'covered entity'?

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

not if it originally was shared or posted by Jacoby himself...

To my understanding, People that get a hold of Protected Health Information (without illegal action of their own) and are not in the medical field and not in the direct care of the subject are not under HIPAA rules (covered entity). Those that allowed the leaks or discovery of such PHI may well be ... depending.

Also, Dr. John Lombardo independently runs the Substance abuse and PES testing.  (has been for 28 years).  The NFL/NFLPA collectively bargained the program, and he can be dismissed by either side at any time.

Each player faces one mandatory test per year under each policy. In addition, 10 players per team are chosen randomly by computer (cough: smart computer?) each week during the preseason, regular season and postseason to be tested under the policy on banned performance-enhancing substances. (only)

Rec drugs of abuse tested in the off season, or if one has previously rested positive.

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Interesting, is notice of requirement to visit a medical rep considered PHI?  And was it disseminated by a 'covered entity'?

It's not just HIPAA, there's several federal employment statutes that regard the drug test results as private confidential information.  There's an argument to be made under HIPAA, but even if HIPAA wouldn't cover employers and/or the test results, other regulations do.  For instance, an FAA regulated companies (i.e. airline carrier) is subject to FAA drug testing and the results are thus confidential.  There's similar regs in other employment related statutes - Drug-Free Workplace Act comes to mind.  

What I don't know is whether the notice to submit to drug testing is confidential.  But it stands to reason that if the results are, then the notice would be.  Wouldn't make much sense to enact a law that requires privacy in the results if employer disclosed that I was going to be tested, and then I disappeared (or was disciplined) a week later for "confidential purposes."

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Here is the thing about the drug testing.  Why does the NFL try to insist that it's random?  It's obviously not and why would that bother ANYONE?

The most dominate players out there should get the most testing.  

Feels like the NFL realizes this but for some reason thinks it's going to offend our sensibilities if they admit to that and continue to claim that it's all random.

It's not random and I don't think anyone thinks it should have to be.  I don't mind testing a guy after a career day.  I don't mind if the best players out there are being tested every 2 or 3 weeks while the team's 6th string wide receiver gets tested only once a year.  

Is there anyone here who thinks that is wrong?  

Mahomes should have been tested all year last year haha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

What I don't know is whether the notice to submit to drug testing is confidential.**  But it stands to reason that if the results are, then the notice would be++.

That was my whole point**.  And I do not know++.  Also, If JB got the notice, and left it out in the public domain (for tours later) is anybody else liable?  That looks like it may be in the locker room, yes? Off limits until well after the players 'take care of business', yes? I'm pretty sure tours take place well after games and players use of the area.

Interesting plot though...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CR91 said:

Mahomes should have been tested all year last year haha

I'm fine with that.  Although one thing I do have to note though.  I'm not entirely sure if it makes sense with QB's off career passing days.  Performance enhancing drugs to my understanding make you faster and stronger.  

I'm not sure what if any PED's would help you stand in the pocket delivering accurate strikes. 

On 10/21/2019 at 1:32 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

In all fairness, random doesn't mean there are no circumstances to prompt it, it just means it does not happen at regular intervals.

and @Steamboat_Shaun, yes it's pretty common for the NFL to drug test players after a career game or even if they have a career quarter.

I get that. But they should have two testing programs. 

Random testing, and accusatory testing. Using the term "Random" to describe all testing is misrepresenting. 

• Like 1