Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
DownHillRunner

DHR's 2020 mock NFL Draft 1.0 first 5 picks only!

Recommended Posts

I know its way too early to predict where prospects are going to end up, but I watch a lot of college football and I can tell you the Colts could target all these players. These can change as the draft process goes along. With the combine, pro day, and players declaring in the months to come. 

 

 

RD 1: Derrick Brown DT Auburn. 

 

Hunt is getting up there in age, and we need a big physical Defensive Tackle to go alongside Autry. Brown can stop the run, rush the passer, and he's big and athletic. The type of defensive tackle this defense needs. He reminds me a lot of Fletcher Cox of the Eagles. 

 

 

RD 2: Yatur Gross Matos DE Penn State 

 

Tall, long, athletic defensive end who is quick to the backfield and can stop the run. Sheard might not get re-signed, Houston is aging, although this season, it doesn't look like he's slowing down. Put Matos on our defensive line along with Brown, Autry, and Banogu/Tyquan Lewis and you have a solid defensive line for years to come. 

 

RD 2: AJ Terrell CB Clemson 

 

He's tall, physical, is quick to break up passes when a QB throws to a receiver, and DUDE CAN TACKLE! I see a lot of Jalen Ramsey in his skill set.  

 

RD: 2  CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma

 

Again, with the uncertainty of Funchess, Cain and Fountain being question marks, we need another big receiver to go alongside TY and Parris. Lamb gives you that big receiving. This dude's hands are amazing and he can get separation from defensive backs. Reminds me of Hopkins. 

 

RD: 3 Joe Burrow QB LSU

 

This pick is only if Ballard and the team thinks Jacoby isn't the long term answer at QB. I like what I've seen from Burrow as a Quarterback. He has unbelievable arm talent and looks really poised in the pocket. 

 

 

 

 

What do you guys think of these picks? I think they fill four important pieces of the team. One of the picks depends on Ballard's confidence level in Jacoby.  Three defensive picks, two offensive picks. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

I know its way too early to predict where prospects are going to end up, but I watch a lot of college football and I can tell you the Colts could target all these players. These can change as the draft process goes along. With the combine, pro day, and players declaring in the months to come. 

 

 

RD 1: Derrick Brown DT Auburn. 

 

Hunt is getting up there in age, and we need a big physical Defensive Tackle to go alongside Autry. Brown can stop the run, rush the passer, and he's big and athletic. The type of defensive tackle this defense needs. He reminds me a lot of Fletcher Cox of the Eagles. 

 

 

RD 2: Yatur Gross Matos DE Penn State 

 

Tall, long, athletic defensive end who is quick to the backfield and can stop the run. Sheard might not get re-signed, Houston is aging, although this season, it doesn't look like he's slowing down. Put Matos on our defensive line along with Brown, Autry, and Banogu/Tyquan Lewis and you have a solid defensive line for years to come. 

 

RD 2: AJ Terrell CB Clemson 

 

He's tall, physical, is quick to break up passes when a QB throws to a receiver, and DUDE CAN TACKLE! I see a lot of Jalen Ramsey in his skill set.  

 

RD: 2  CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma

 

Again, with the uncertainty of Funchess, Cain and Fountain being question marks, we need another big receiver to go alongside TY and Parris. Lamb gives you that big receiving. This dude's hands are amazing and he can get separation from defensive backs. Reminds me of Hopkins. 

 

RD: 3 Joe Burrow QB LSU

 

This pick is only if Ballard and the team thinks Jacoby isn't the long term answer at QB. I like what I've seen from Burrow as a Quarterback. He has unbelievable arm talent and looks really poised in the pocket. 

 

 

 

 

What do you guys think of these picks? I think they fill four important pieces of the team. One of the picks depends on Ballard's confidence level in Jacoby.  Three defensive picks, two offensive picks. 

 

 

 

Where have you been? There is almost no way Burrow doesn't go top 5 let alone number 1 overall. Id put money on Lamb going in the first round as well

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

I know its way too early to predict where prospects are going to end up, but I watch a lot of college football and I can tell you the Colts could target all these players. These can change as the draft process goes along. With the combine, pro day, and players declaring in the months to come. 

 

 

RD 1: Derrick Brown DT Auburn. 

 

Hunt is getting up there in age, and we need a big physical Defensive Tackle to go alongside Autry. Brown can stop the run, rush the passer, and he's big and athletic. The type of defensive tackle this defense needs. He reminds me a lot of Fletcher Cox of the Eagles. 

 

 

RD 2: Yatur Gross Matos DE Penn State 

 

Tall, long, athletic defensive end who is quick to the backfield and can stop the run. Sheard might not get re-signed, Houston is aging, although this season, it doesn't look like he's slowing down. Put Matos on our defensive line along with Brown, Autry, and Banogu/Tyquan Lewis and you have a solid defensive line for years to come. 

 

RD 2: AJ Terrell CB Clemson 

 

He's tall, physical, is quick to break up passes when a QB throws to a receiver, and DUDE CAN TACKLE! I see a lot of Jalen Ramsey in his skill set.  

 

RD: 2  CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma

 

Again, with the uncertainty of Funchess, Cain and Fountain being question marks, we need another big receiver to go alongside TY and Parris. Lamb gives you that big receiving. This dude's hands are amazing and he can get separation from defensive backs. Reminds me of Hopkins. 

 

RD: 3 Joe Burrow QB LSU

 

This pick is only if Ballard and the team thinks Jacoby isn't the long term answer at QB. I like what I've seen from Burrow as a Quarterback. He has unbelievable arm talent and looks really poised in the pocket. 

 

 

 

 

What do you guys think of these picks? I think they fill four important pieces of the team. One of the picks depends on Ballard's confidence level in Jacoby.  Three defensive picks, two offensive picks. 

 

 

 

 

4 of your 5 picks will likely be top 20 picks... Might want to do a little more research

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

4 of your 5 picks will likely be top 20 picks... Might want to do a little more research

 

Gross Matos is a second round talent. Derrick Brown is a mid to late first round pick. Terrell is also has a second round grade as well as Lamb. Why don't you do your research. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, twfish said:

Where have you been? There is almost no way Burrow doesn't go top 5 let alone number 1 overall. Id put money on Lamb going in the first round as well

 

 

Didn't you guys say DK Metcalf would go 1st round last year and where did he end up? Same with AJ Brown. You guys overdraft WR's all the time thinking they're going to go in the 1st round.  The only WRs I can see going in the first round are Jeudy and Shenault. 

 

 

The expression of Maniac in my photo says it all about your replies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love having Derrick Brown and CeeDee Lamb as the Colts first 2 picks. I highly doubt Lamb will make it out of the 1st round though.

 

And no way is Joe Burrow going in the 3rd round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well....   in addition to all the other problems that have been pointed out, there is one more.... 

 

You have the Colts with THREE second round picks.   Métos, Terrell, Lamb.  

 

The Colts only have two second round picks.   The one from Washington and our own.    I don’t believe we have a third.

 

As for everything else,  the comments reflect the current status.    Burrow is currently one of the hottest prospects in college football.   Both Lamb and Matos  could go in the first round as well.   If you’re going to be thin-skinned about these comments, then you shouldn’t ask other posters to evaluate your picks.   You got what you asked for.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy, where to start....

 

I guess the good first. Derrick Brown is a great pick. I’ve seen him mocked to us twice before.

 

Now Matos is being talked about as a 1st round candidate. He’s seen right now as the 3rd best edge rusher after Young and Epenesa by most scouts. Slight chance he slips to the early 2nd

 

CeeDee Lamb could be a 2nd but I don’t see Ballard drafting back to back 2nd round receivers. 

 

Terell is not a bad pick, but he’s also been discussed in the 1st round 

 

The Joe Burrow pick is horrible. He’s a top 5 lock and there’s talk that he may be QB1 if he beats Alabama. Also you don’t draft a QB that early with the way Jacoby is playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, unfortunately Burrow is currently on his way to being a top 10 pick if nothing surprising happens. I'd love Lamb in round 1 if he lasts until our pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

 

 

Didn't you guys say DK Metcalf would go 1st round last year and where did he end up? Same with AJ Brown. You guys overdraft WR's all the time thinking they're going to go in the 1st round.  The only WRs I can see going in the first round are Jeudy and Shenault. 

 

 

The expression of Maniac in my photo says it all about your replies. 

Actually in my write up I stated that I would not not take Metcalf until the second. Take a breather man. I'd say as a group this forum get fairly close with our assessments so we arent crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st pick DT

2nd pick Pass Rusher

3rd Pick OT (Castonzo isn't getting younger) 

The rest of picks is more about depth. Maybe a tight end or a FS (Hooker is injury prone) in the 3 rd. Or a backup/developmental OG? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Idk but i do know we need to find DE,T,CB,LB in area od need

LB is the last thing we need. Since 2017 Ballard has drafted 5 LBs. And they’re all still on the roster. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

LB is the last thing we need. Since 2017 Ballard has drafted 5 LBs. And they’re all still on the roster. 

 

 

I love our LB core right now. LB is the least of the holes on our defense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LB is more than fine right now. Maniac is a stud. Walker is a decent compliment to Leonard. Okereke is liability vs the run, but he's fine situationally vs the pass and hopefully improves vs the run. Speed is a project, but he's got a good ceiling. We barely use a true SAM, so no need to upgrade Adams or Franklin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think any of these guys will be available where the Colts pick in those respective rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 8:41 AM, Defjamz26 said:

Oh boy, where to start....

 

I guess the good first. Derrick Brown is a great pick. I’ve seen him mocked to us twice before.

 

Now Matos is being talked about as a 1st round candidate. He’s seen right now as the 3rd best edge rusher after Young and Epenesa by most scouts. Slight chance he slips to the early 2nd

 

CeeDee Lamb could be a 2nd but I don’t see Ballard drafting back to back 2nd round receivers. 

 

Terell is not a bad pick, but he’s also been discussed in the 1st round 

 

The Joe Burrow pick is horrible. He’s a top 5 lock and there’s talk that he may be QB1 if he beats Alabama. Also you don’t draft a QB that early with the way Jacoby is playing.

 

If CeeDee Lamb is available in the 2nd round...Ballard has to pick him. I loved the Campbell pick...but Lamb is a much better prospect...and also a different type of WR. 

 

It's all sort of moot...as I think Lamb will be a lottery pick when it's all said and done. I am all in on getting one of these stud WRs though in this class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

LB is more than fine right now. Maniac is a stud. Walker is a decent compliment to Leonard. Okereke is liability vs the run, but he's fine situationally vs the pass and hopefully improves vs the run. Speed is a project, but he's got a good ceiling. We barely use a true SAM, so no need to upgrade Adams or Franklin.

 

I don't see Ballard looking at LB until the following draft. At that point, Walker will be heading into FA and they will know if they have a 3-down guy in Okereke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shastamasta said:

 

I don't see Ballard looking at LB until the following draft. At that point, Walker will be heading into FA and they will know if they have a 3-down guy in Okereke.

I agree, but I could see him going middle rounds if a really good MLB drops. Walker is what he is, but he is pretty solid. Okereke has a whole lot of work to do and I think he's simply missing lower body strength which isn't going to improve a lot IMO (he already had 4 years of great weight training). LB is also one of the most devalued positions, so it's one place I could see Ballard addressing in FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 8:16 PM, DownHillRunner said:

 

Gross Matos is a second round talent. Derrick Brown is a mid to late first round pick. Terrell is also has a second round grade as well as Lamb. Why don't you do your research. 

Burrow is gone with one of the top 5 picks if not the number 1 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Burrow is gone with one of the top 5 picks if not the number 1 pick.

The Burrow pick wasn't realistically an option anyway if Ballard thinks Jacoby is this team's franchise QB  moving forward. Lets say Ballard wants to draft a Quarterback in the later rounds because he feels Jacoby isn't the guy or he wants competition. There are other Quarterbacks who could go in later rounds like Jalen Hurts and Jordan Love. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...