Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why cant the texans beat the colts (colts fan's perspective)

CR91

I have a theory to why the texans are having issues beating the colts and texan fans, you can correct me if im wrong. The texans for the first time in their franchise have a legit superstar QB, but the problem of having a superstar QB is mentally they think they need to make every play for their team to win which causes them to do more then whats needed for example throwing a pass off balance up in the air for an easy pick. Now im not blaming Watson. I think hes amazing. I blame Bill O'Brien and his inability to put the game on anyone else's shoulders besides Watson. Four trips inside the 10 and I might have saw one run that being the end around by coutee. Thats ridicious especially knowing the o-line, while has improved from last year, was still getting Watson killed. I counted atleast 2 sacks that were avoided because Watson being Watson. You cant win games being a one player team. We learned that the hard way mutiple times

personally, I think it's because they think they have a superstar Qb and play accordingly but they don't and so they put him in situations where he has to be a superstar to win and he cannot do that often enough.

Although I will admit Watson seems improved this year over last year but I still think he is just a good QB who can extend plays but looks pretty lost in the pocket when his first ready is not open.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I have a theory to why the texans are having issues beating the colts and texan fans, you can correct me if im wrong. The texans for the first time in their franchise have a legit superstar QB, but the problem of having a superstar QB is mentally they think they need to make every play for their team to win which causes them to do more then whats needed for example throwing a pass off balance up in the air for an easy pick. Now im not blaming Watson. I think hes amazing. I blame Bill O'Brien and his inability to put the game on anyone else's shoulders besides Watson. Four trips inside the 10 and I might have saw one run that being the end around by coutee. Thats ridicious especially knowing the o-line, while has improved from last year, was still getting Watson killed. I counted atleast 2 sacks that were avoided because Watson being Watson. You cant win games being a one player team. We learned that the hard way mutiple times

What's the theory why the Colts can't beat the Chargers? That's what I really want to know!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

personally, I think it's because they think they have a superstar Qb and play accordingly but they don't and so they put him in situations where he has to be a superstar to win and he cannot do that often enough.

Although I will admit Watson seems improved this year over last year but I still think he is just a good QB who can extend plays but looks pretty lost in the pocket when his first ready is not open.

Physically, I think Watson is as athletic as they come for a QB.  However, I agree with you -- he relies too much on extending plays/scrambling.  This is a recipe for disaster in the NFL for longevity of QBs.  Many teams are able to adjust after seeing enough film on these types of QBs.  It's also difficult for these QBs to stay healthy over a full career.  

We also have some guy named TY.

tim curry clown GIF

• Like 3

The Texans just aren’t a complete team yet. BOB is an average coach that runs the team, he’s not necessarily good at doing either job. They’re also injured at key areas. They have never been good enough to beat us.

Now, I have no idea why we can’t beat the damn Chargers. 

17 minutes ago, basketballsteve said:

What's the theory why the Colts can't beat the Chargers? That's what I really want to know!!!

or the steelers, or the patriots.  Honestly, I think it gets into the player's heads and they try to do things they normally dont and it throws off the game.  We saw this with Peyton a bunch, Luck a bunch etc. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think the Colts coaching staff is a few notches above Houston.  You can tell Obrien has great respect for Frank Reich.  I believe he said so much after one of the contest last year. 

They need new blood down there their defense is decent but if they don't want Watson to be the next version of an Andrew luck style early retirement they better build him a better o-line same with Mahomes in KC.

I dont think there is any magic behind it, there are just situations where teams cannot beat other teams regardless of the situation. As was pointed out earlier, we have this problem with the Steelers. We also have it with the Patriots...and that's not just the Tom Brady iteration, when we were in the AFC east we couldnt beat them. Even when they went 2-14 in 1992, take a guess who one of those wins was against(and Colts were 9-7 that year).

Consequently, we have great records against the Texans, the Jets(yeah, I know they typically aren't great)...we're also 15-2 all time against the Falcons. 

Great opening line in the Houston Chronicle the morning after. It reads as follows,"The Colts are on top of the AFC South during the same season that Andrew Luck shocked the NFL by retiring."

Watching the sports channels most of the day after Sunday's win it appears unanimous #7 is going places. I did not hear one doubter all day.

16 minutes ago, Calmack said:

Why? From what I heard he's been pretty bad. Are you just reading into the name and draft pedigree? 

I don't care anything about that.  I trust our staff could straighten his game out, he's got tons of talent.  It's not always about the numbers. 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I don't care anything about that.  I trust our staff could straighten his game out, he's got tons of talent.  It's not always about the numbers. 

Literally the EXACT same spiel was said about Collins.... I imagine you were a strong advocate for him too? 

Some players just aren't good despite their talent. 

17 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

This is spot on.

18 hours ago, CR91 said:

Except that they don't have a superstar qb.

• Like 1