Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Colts Run the Table?

Pacergeek

6 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Besides playing at New Orleans, the remaining schedule looks relatively easy. Jacksonville might be tough to sweep, but they don't look very strong this season. I would not be surprised if we finish 14-2. What's everybody else's take?

hard to predict,any team can beat you, or have a bad game, no team is a sure win, things have to fall in place to win, hard to dominate any one, but we are looking good.

I don't think so. I think sometimes we forget how young this roster is because of how well they play. They are going to come out and lay an egg from time to time (see the Raiders game). They are in a great spot, and I would LOVE to see them finish 14-2, but I don't believe it happens.

It's week 7. What the Colts did last year - winning 10 out of their last 11 - very rarely happens in the NFL. And - despite having some very beatable opponents in the remaining schedule - this year's schedule is a LOT tougher than last year's.

Let's focus on winning the the next game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

Besides playing at New Orleans, the remaining schedule looks relatively easy. Jacksonville might be tough to sweep, but they don't look very strong this season. I would not be surprised if we finish 14-2. What's everybody else's take?

1-0 each week. do that and that's all that matters.  Who cares who our opponents are at this point, just take it week by week

38 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Let's beat Denver first...

exactly. That's the team that has me worried most looking forward, we can't over look them.

1 hour ago, basketballsteve said:

The defense is improving game by game and there are many young players that are off to very promising starts but to win 14 games you need a top 5 defense and they are not that. The Colts have not dominated a single opponent this season....yet.

Colts dominated KC, one of the top teams in the AFC.

40 minutes ago, csmopar said:

1-0 each week. do that and that's all that matters.  Who cares who our opponents are at this point, just take it week by week

exactly. That's the team that has me worried most looking forward, we can't over look them.

Denver is horrible. Joe Flacco lol. Easy win this week. 

3 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

maybe, but its likely to be a trap game.  We're coming off two HUGE wins, Denver just got flat out embarrassed. I could see this being a tighter than expected game

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

After the Raiders loss I won't make that comment unless we're facing a winless team. Now, of course I expect us to win, but I won't just overlook them. I'm starting to buy more and more into Reich's mentality of going 1-0 every week

2 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

I’m sticking with my 10-6/AFC South title prediction.... but I can see us eecking out 11-12 wins and a bye week.

The Saints on the road, for one.... is going to be a really tough game though.

KC on the road was very hard also, then Houston beat them on the road,then we beat Houston.I like.I like it alot

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Are you serious?

Not a chance.   The Colts play close games.   Those will not always be wins.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

No game other than Miami will be easy, but it’s certainly possible although I don’t think Drew Brees will let us just waltz down to NO and beat him. The Broncos, Jags, Steelers, Texans, and even Titans, for as bad as they’ve all looked at times, are still dangerous. 

The dolphins  are dangerous  to

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Yeah New Orleans is my biggest concern. Jacksonville can be beat if we run right at them. Don't let their pass rush get going. 

I don't see it. Sure, every team is beatable, but I don't think we're capable of railing off 10 straight wins.

All of our games have been close and I don't really see that changing much. We just beat two very good teams, and I'm ecstatic about it, but one thing I will say is that I doubt we see that many drive saving penalties week in and week out. We really benefitted from the Chiefs/Texans lack of discipline. Which, credit Reich and how disciplined we are, but it's just something that's really stuck out to me the past two games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, basketballsteve said:

Game decided by less than a TD in final minutes....points for/against for the season are 143 to 138 Colts are a plus 5....there's no dominate win yet.

I think you are confusing blowout and dominant. I would agree the Colts have no blowouts, but KC was very dominant. 

• Like 1

Things that factor, but not always predicted-

Injuries

Altered/Creative game plans - great or poor - for and against

differing strength vs. weakness match ups/groups

'Bad day at the office' games

Any given Sunday - fluky items

Unfortunate ref calls

Escaping all of these every game is not likely.  The NFL is designed to create as much competitive balance as possible.  But if the Colts develop into a great team, and get players back healthy, who knows?

5 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

So you’re worried more about sweeping JAX than the Texans?  You think winning in Houston is “easy”?  Jeez, I wish.

6 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

So you’re worried more about sweeping JAX than the Texans?  You think winning in Houston is “easy”?  Jeez, I wish.

In fairness we have traditionally owned the Texans in Houston. Heck, not even a year has passed since we best them twice in Houston. Not that trends tell a whole story, but I can't blame a guy for feeling optimistic we'll go out and do the same. Personally? Yeah, not going to easy.