Indianapolis Colts
zo6scott

Big Q in the backfield

Didn’t hear a lot of talk about Nelson lined up as a full back. Has it happened before today. He would be amazing of course but I really thought he was a target on the TD  to Ebron.Quenton Nelson No GIF by Indianapolis Colts

• Like 1

This is why I love Reich as a coach and crazy plays not completed but keep the other team guessing.

1. Pascal throw

2. JB shovel pass on 4th down

3. Nelson at FB

Never know one of these days we will hit them all 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, zo6scott said:

Didn’t hear a lot of talk about Nelson lined up as a full back. Has it happened before today. He would be amazing of course but I really thought he was a target on the TD  to Ebron.Quenton Nelson No GIF by Indianapolis Colts

He jumped like it was to him lol!!

• Like 1

Run the dam ball ... Nelson with a head a steam defends will exit the building.

3 hours ago, zo6scott said:

Nelson said he wasn’t a target for the pass. Ebron said it was designed that way to draw coverage away from him. Reich did say that play could happen again.

3 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

This is why I love Reich as a coach and crazy plays not completed but keep the other team guessing.

1. Pascal throw

2. JB shovel pass on 4th down

3. Nelson at FB

Never know one of these days we will hit them all 

Just no weird punts, please.

kicking field goal GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nelson said he wasn’t a target for the pass. Ebron said it was designed that way to draw coverage away from him. Reich did say that play could happen again.

Reich can do so much with Big Q 'eligible' !!

I was fully expecting Nelson up the gut creating a giant hole for whatever back was behind him. Can you imagine trying to find little Nyheim Hines tucked behind big Q? 

If you handed off the ball to Big Q on the goaline, it would look just like the Fridge! 

giphy.gif

6 points EVERY TIME!! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I was fully expecting Nelson up the gut creating a giant hole for whatever back was behind him. Can you imagine trying to find little Nyheim Hines tucked behind big Q? 

I could see this being done.  Q coming at you with a full head of steam would be a courage check for linebackers.  

13 hours ago, zo6scott said:

I prefer him staying on the line blocking.

Not only was he lined up at FB but he was part of Jacoby's read progression with him pretending to block and leaking into the end zone. If you watch the Ebron TD you can see he actually slipped in the end zone and Jacoby had to throw it on second level to Ebron :D Reich is not vanilla... That's for sure. I love the aggression too.

• Like 1