Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big Q in the backfield

zo6scott

3 hours ago, zo6scott said:

Didn’t hear a lot of talk about Nelson lined up as a full back. Has it happened before today. He would be amazing of course but I really thought he was a target on the TD  to Ebron.Quenton Nelson No GIF by Indianapolis Colts

Nelson said he wasn’t a target for the pass. Ebron said it was designed that way to draw coverage away from him. Reich did say that play could happen again.

3 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

This is why I love Reich as a coach and crazy plays not completed but keep the other team guessing.

1. Pascal throw

2. JB shovel pass on 4th down

3. Nelson at FB

Never know one of these days we will hit them all 

Just no weird punts, please.

kicking field goal GIF

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nelson said he wasn’t a target for the pass. Ebron said it was designed that way to draw coverage away from him. Reich did say that play could happen again.

Reich can do so much with Big Q 'eligible' !!

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I was fully expecting Nelson up the gut creating a giant hole for whatever back was behind him. Can you imagine trying to find little Nyheim Hines tucked behind big Q? 

I could see this being done.  Q coming at you with a full head of steam would be a courage check for linebackers.  

13 hours ago, zo6scott said:

Didn’t hear a lot of talk about Nelson lined up as a full back. Has it happened before today. He would be amazing of course but I really thought he was a target on the TD  to Ebron.Quenton Nelson No GIF by Indianapolis Colts

I prefer him staying on the line blocking.

Not only was he lined up at FB but he was part of Jacoby's read progression with him pretending to block and leaking into the end zone. If you watch the Ebron TD you can see he actually slipped in the end zone and Jacoby had to throw it on second level to Ebron :D Reich is not vanilla... That's for sure. I love the aggression too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The best option may be trading a 3rd rounder for Darnold if the Jets get the no1 pick, and having him compete with Eason next year for the starting job. I also wouldn't mind signing Kelly back since he knows the playbook and has potential still. A competition with those three wouldn't hurt us much in the way of draft compensation, we can figure out if we have our franchise QB within the three, and still have a solid draft class.   Heck, in this scenario, Ballard could trade down in the 1st to acquire the 3rd round pick back he traded for Darnold. I trust his drafting skills enough that I believe he can hit on a late 1st round pick.
    • I agree to some extent. I hope Colts pursue the QB aggressively if Rivers leaves. I would be ok trading up too cause a solid QB can turn around an O completely.   Said it before and will again and again  Trading up for a QB is risky but I think its worth the risk and could potentially be monumental to the Colts success.   The key is getting the right guy.
    • I always loved Buckner and have been in favor of getting him since day 1. My issue is the offense. The QB issue, Mack being gone, will Pittman and Campbell be good? How will we replace Costanzo? We have a lot question marks right now, and although they should be answered by the end of the season, it all depends on the QB. We need to have an actual plan after Rivers this year instead of the 1 year band-aids. I don't blame Ballard for Lucks retirement, however, he needs to come up with something to try and fix the situation long-term. If Eason is that, ok, just don't let him rot on the bench like Kelly. I understand sitting him this year, just don't sign a veteran FA and have him sit a 2nd year in a row. That would be criminal. Start Eason, trade for a QB, draft one, I don't care. Just have a long-term plan for the future. That is our biggest weakness right now, and what will ultimately decide if we are playoff contenders for the next few years.
    • Don't rule out bringing Rivers back next year either. The options at QB in 21' are limitless as you can tell with the 50 gazillion threads.    I think the key is to continue to build the trenches.    There's a reason the DBs are on pace to shatter the INT for last year and its because Buckner!    
    • lol next you'll be wanting this guy 
  • Members