Indianapolis Colts
CR91

Reich's offense changing week in and week out

Pounded the soul out of the chiefs one week and an aerial assault the next. An ever changing offense taken advantage of the team's weaknesses. So simple and yet its brilliant and hard to stop. With the issues this team has at times, QB is the least of our worries

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’m In love with this team and our approach to playing football. I don’t think anyone wants to play us. 

• Thanks 1

The league is fully ready to ride the Watson bandwagon but until he can beat us in big games, it won’t be completely validated. 

• Like 1

Yeah as of now we're a lite version of the patriots. Once we get some more talent through the draft and our young studs hit their prime, we'll be unstoppable.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Yeah as of now we're a lite version of the patriots. Once we get some more talent through the draft and our young studs hit their prime, we'll be unstoppable.

Exactly we have a system QB played behind another system QB and good offensive coach with great GM. Built the team thru draft, and built the monster and keep chopping woods haha

Team is definitely trying to build something dynastic.  The scary thing (for the rest of the league) is it's beginning to look like we might have the minds and the muscle to accomplish it.

• Like 3

Chris Ballard's vision is becoming more and more clear with every game... So much young talent on this team. They figured out how to win early, and are rolling now. 

• Like 2

I like Reich's coaching when it involves game planning for each opponent and attacking their weaknesses.  But during today's games his play calling and clock management at the end almost cost us the game.  His penchant for going for it on 4th down at an unfavorable field position and distance early was almost a catastrophe.  Fortunately O'Brien is not a good coach and his clock management  at the end was worse wasting a timeout on a deliberate safety.  Not to mention all of the ridiculous offensive penalties they committed.  We should have won the game easily but coaches aggressiveness at the end kept giving the ball back to Houston.  A great play by Leonard at the end saved him from a lot of second guessing IMO. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I'm glad we have Reich, he understands today's NFL very well.

We're lucky to have him 

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I like Reich's coaching when it involves game planning for each opponent and attacking their weaknesses.  But during today's games his play calling and clock management at the end almost cost us the game.  His penchant for going for it on 4th down at an unfavorable field position and distance early was almost a catastrophe.  Fortunately O'Brien is not a good coach and his clock management  at the end was worse wasting a timeout on a deliberate safety.  Not to mention all of the ridiculous offensive penalties they committed.  We should have won the game easily but coaches aggressiveness at the end kept giving the ball back to Houston.  A great play by Leonard at the end saved him from a lot of second guessing IMO. 

I agree with some things you said. That 4th and 1 call on our side of the field wasn't  necessary  because before that point they hadn't  done much against  us. Still  happy  we won.

The impressive thing is we are still not running on full cylinders yet.  Wait until Funchess gets back and we finally figure out the best way to get Cain and Campbell involved in the game plans.  The offense is going to really be hard to stop. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, krunk said:

The impressive thing is we are still not running on full cylinders yet.  Wait until Funchess gets back and we finally figure out the best way to get Cain and Campbell involved in the game plans.  The offense is going to really be hard to stop. 

Pretty much correct here.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IinD said:

I'm glad we have Reich, he understands today's NFL very well.

We're lucky to have him 

He said “You have 4 downs for a reason” Sometimes it works and then it doesn’t. Glad he’s our coach no matter what!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Pretty much correct here.

Yeah really think about it.  The Colts are likely going to be one of those teams that get stronger and stronger offensively as the year goes on and people are going to be like "Where in the hell did all those weapons come from?"  I mean we are starting to have guys like Zach Pascal go off and have TY Hilton type days and he's 4th or 5th string WR.  Imagine when all the horses start kicking!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Yeah really think about it.  The Colts are likely going to be one of those teams that get stronger and stronger offensively and people are going to be like "Where in the hell did all those weapons come from?"  I mean we are starting to have guys like Zach Pascal go off and have TY Hilton type days and he's 4th or 5th string WR.  Imagine when all the horses start kicking!

Remember to humble yourself. We can’t expect a win each week. It was a sloppy game on our part as well. We could’ve easily lost that game when the score was 21-16.

3 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Remember to humble yourself. We can’t expect a win each week. It was a sloppy game on our part as well. We could’ve easily lost that game when the score was 21-16.

What does that have to do with anticipating the improvement of offense as we move along and get some guys back?  Doesn't guarantee any wins.  I think you're being too modest. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

What does that have to do with anticipating the improvement of offense as we move along and get some guys back?  Doesn't guarantee any wins.  I think you're being too modest. 

Again it was gloom and doom after we lost the the Raiders. I’m with you on see improvement. However we still need to humble ourselves as fans. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I thought the same thing, but I think O’Brien’s strategy worked out.  It didn’t really cost them.

I was also totally frustrated we didn’t run the ball those last drives. The D didn’t play great, but they were good enough and bailed us out at the end.  

• Like 1

This team is further along than I imagined.  I had been saying 2020 was the year we would make a move, but it is very possible they could do it this year.  

I would have NEVER guessed it would be with Brissett at QB though.

33 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I thought the same thing, but I think O’Brien’s strategy worked out.  It didn’t really cost them.

I was also totally frustrated we didn’t run the ball those last drives. The D didn’t play great, but they were good enough and bailed us out at the end.  

I was really impressed with Roc Ya- Sin. I know he gave up a long pass play and a first down, but those were perfect passes. He was right there and he's really sticky on man coverage.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We didn' run the ball because running the ball wasn't getting anywhere.  The ball went to Brissett because Brissett had a better chance to secure first downs.

Ultimately when neither the pass nor the rush is getting you first downs there's only so much you can ask of the head coach.  The Texans D locked the barn after the horse got out.  If they'd played that kind of D for a full 60, we probably don't win.

52 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Again it was gloom and doom after we lost the the Raiders. I’m with you on see improvement. However we still need to humble ourselves as fans. 

Why? 

It was only gloom and doom with the naysayers. 

How the hell are you ever gonna enjoy being a fan if you dont allow yourself to be excited? That's the whole point. If you cant be excited, how are you gonna enjoy the good times, like we have right now?

I say get too excited. Be "unrealistic". 

This team is a problem. They just finished their toughest stretch of the season 4-2 and in the lead for the division title. Looking at their schedule, I think they can get to 12 wins. They never even did that with Andrew Luck. I'm excited to the point of being delusional and I'm loving every minute of it. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Yeah really think about it.  The Colts are likely going to be one of those teams that get stronger and stronger offensively as the year goes on and people are going to be like "Where in the hell did all those weapons come from?"  I mean we are starting to have guys like Zach Pascal go off and have TY Hilton type days and he's 4th or 5th string WR.  Imagine when all the horses start kicking!

Pascal is better than you give him credit. A young version of Inman with more upside. He’s become the safety valve every QB needs. Good for him. His future is very bright with the Colts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

Why? 

How the hell are you ever gonna enjoy being a fan if you dont allow yourself to be excited? That's the whole point. If you cant be excited, how are you gonna enjoy the good times, like we have right now?

This team is a problem. They just finished their toughest stretch of the season 4-2 and in the lead for the division title. Looking at their schedule, I think they can get to 12 wins. They never even did that with Andrew Luck. I'm excited to the point of being delusional and I'm loving every minute of it. 

No we need to be humble. I’m excited we won the game. However I’ll be truly excited if we make the trip to Florida 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Why? 

This season now has 11-5 written all over it. The doubters and haters were wrong. After we smack Denver next week, we will be 5-2 :thmup:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, a06cc said:

No we need to be humble. I’m excited we won the game. However I’ll be truly excited if we make the trip to Florida 

Well then you need to go watch something else, sports arent for you.

I've been watching this stuff for over 30 years and my teams have won 1 title. I'm not gonna be miserable for 29 out of the next 30 years. I'm gonna enjoy every win.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This season now has 11-5 written all over it. The doubters and haters were wrong. After we smack Denver next week, we will be 5-2 :thmup:

Please dont say that. We were saying the same thing about the raiders:facepalm:

• Haha 1

The ability to win through the air after such a dominant ground performance was HUGE and so awesome to see. Reich deserves a ton of credit. 

Many of the crossing routes Jacoby hit today were WIDE open. Put that together with a defense that shut down the hottest red zone offense and we are going somewhere folks. :hat:

28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Please dont say that. We were saying the same thing about the raiders:facepalm:

We got this haha . Assuming everyone is healthy. TY didn't play vs the Raiders.

8 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

We didn' run the ball because running the ball wasn't getting anywhere.  The ball went to Brissett because Brissett had a better chance to secure first downs.

Ultimately when neither the pass nor the rush is getting you first downs there's only so much you can ask of the head coach.  The Texans D locked the barn after the horse got out.  If they'd played that kind of D for a full 60, we probably don't win.

Yeah, I realize we weren’t getting anywhere running the ball. I was more concerned about running clock.  

I get Reich’s strategy, if they would have connected with one of those passes he could have run more clock.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

Well then you need to go watch something else, sports arent for you.

I've been watching this stuff for over 30 years and my teams have won 1 title. I'm not gonna be miserable for 29 out of the next 30 years. I'm gonna enjoy every win.

Miserable has nothing to do with being humble. I didn’t tell you to not enjoy this win. I said just remain humble that’s all. 

9 hours ago, a06cc said:

Done. The Colts will make at least 2 trips to Florida this year. Now be truly excited!

• Haha 2

Yes his play calling was great for 3 1/2 quarters. 

Don't get me wrong......I'm not bashing Reich, as I am immensely thankful we got him instead of McDaniels. 

Those multiple 3 and out play calls in the 4th quarter were not good though. Couldn't run on them all day, and he tried to get cute and bounce it outside on a run or two (which is definitely not the strong suit of this O-Line). Plus throwing a 3 yard pass (that doesn't come out quick enough) when you need 6-7 yards isn't going to cut it in most situations. Gotta do better in those situations in order to get a first down and ice the game. 

Other than the last part of the 4th quarter, excellent play calling/execution. 

On 10/21/2019 at 7:41 AM, Btown_Colt said:

Done. The Colts will make at least 2 trips to Florida this year. Now be truly excited!

3 times, but if we lose next week I want that same energy from you. 

On 10/21/2019 at 9:04 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Yes his play calling was great for 3 1/2 quarters. 

Don't get me wrong......I'm not bashing Reich, as I am immensely thankful we got him instead of McDaniels. 

Those multiple 3 and out play calls in the 4th quarter were not good though. Couldn't run on them all day, and he tried to get cute and bounce it outside on a run or two (which is definitely not the strong suit of this O-Line). Plus throwing a 3 yard pass (that doesn't come out quick enough) when you need 6-7 yards isn't going to cut it in most situations. Gotta do better in those situations in order to get a first down and ice the game. 

Other than the last part of the 4th quarter, excellent play calling/execution. 

Reich has to get better playing with a big lead. We had so many chances to take that 12 pt lead to 19. He did talk about he should of stayed more aggressive. I actually said during the game we played better with a 7 pt lead then a 12 pt lead. We need to learn to knock teams out.  Quit letting them hang on.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, a06cc said:

3 times, but if we lose next week I want that same energy from you. 

3 times? And I’m not sure exactly what energy you are talking about? I made a tongue in cheek comment....nothing more. I obviously knew what you meant.

For what it’s worth....   yesterday (Monday) over on ESPN radio, Will Cain piled on the love for Frank Reich.

Said among head coaches, only BB and Sean Peyton are better.   Said guys like Reid and Harbaugh may be considered equal to Frank, but they’re not better.  

Cain added that he thinks some of the struggles for Carson Wentz may have to do with not having FR on his coaching staff. 

Said one of the ways you can judge a great coach is his ability to win in various ways.   We beat KC with the ground game one week, then beat Hou with the passing game the next.

You can agree or not with any of Cains points...   but either way, it’s nice to get a little love on a national level every once in a while.    It’s nice to know that some of the media are paying attention to us...

This won’t always be the case...  but it’s nice to enjoy while we can...   

• Like 1