Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Imgrandojji

Zach Pascal deserves some love

Recommended Posts

6 catches for 106, but they were clutch catches.  He came up huge today.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They say it takes a WR a couple of years. He is developing really nice and is starting to really starting to gain chemistry with JB. We will be that much better when DF comes back.  Seems pascal was running the same type of plays DF would be in there for. Ebron finally looked like the pro bowler TE we know.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very proud of Pascal! We needed someone to break out at WR, and it looks like he has done so. Looks like Brissett and him have the connection!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They say it takes a WR a couple of years. He is developing really nice and is starting to really starting to gain chemistry with JB. We will be that much better when DF comes back.  Seems pascal was running the same type of plays DF would be in there for. Ebron finally looked like the pro bowler TE we know.

Do not see you (comment-wise) a lot in the game thread (it seems )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 of 7. Really nice game. Just goes to show you we don't need to force it to TY all the time. 

We spread it around early with great success, and struggled late because of too many attempts to TY. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

6 catches for 106, but they were clutch catches.  He came up huge today.

Expect to see more of him in the offense from here on in (I hope) .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Do not see you (comment-wise) a lot in the game thread (it seems )

I watched the game on my phone with the nfl AP so I didn’t post. I am trying to stay out of arguments.I am just having fun with this team.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's our second best WR right now by some margin... I don't know if this should be taken as a positive or a negative, but it is what it is. He's easily overperforming his contract and the investment we've made in him. He is sudden with his movement and IMO will have a place in the rotation of an NFL team even if our WR corps wasn't so barren/injured. Good for him, seems to work on his craft, seems to improve, not much more you can ask from an undrafted guy. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why you have depth.  So that when plans A, B and C get smashed to flinders in the first 3 weeks due to injury and underperformance, you've got a chance to put something together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pascal is my #2 and I dont care who is injured. Campbell, Funch and Rogers are a distant 3rd IMO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too bad for a guy some wanted released at the end of the pre-season because he wasn’t the shinny new toy or the message board all pro.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Him playing this way makes us even  better when funchess does come back.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s to bad he didn’t connect on that TD pass. He had a wide open receiver. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see the hometown kid from ODU getting some love. He played very well and has stepped up for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

One heck of a game to him in a game that mattered a lot.  We've desperately needed that WR who can step up and take advantage of defenses overloading on TY.  Tonight he was that man.

 

I think you've got to give Pascal a major role in the offense at this point.  He's earned it and it looks like he might be able to handle it.  He has definitely leapfrogged Cain and Campbell, at least for now.

He was awesome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's our second best WR right now by some margin... I don't know if this should be taken as a positive or a negative, but it is what it is. He's easily overperforming his contract and the investment we've made in him. He is sudden with his movement and IMO will have a place in the rotation of an NFL team even if our WR corps wasn't so barren/injured. Good for him, seems to work on his craft, seems to improve, not much more you can ask from an undrafted guy. 

 

He is also very important on run plays, he is an excellent blocker for a WR. I love his attitude. Really happy for him today, shows where hard work gets you.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cain and Campbell can learn a thing or two from Pascal. And Rogers can keep the bench warm.

 

Great game.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would have guessed Pascal was having this type of game over Cain? Football is great. :rock: definitely showed that man some love. Lost my voice :cheer2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Who would have guessed Pascal was having this type of game over Cain? Football is great. :rock: definitely showed that man some love. Lost my voice :cheer2:

Good for you!  Thanks for doing that on our behalf

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Cain and Campbell can learn a thing or two from Pascal. And Rogers can keep the bench warm.

 

Great game.

 

Rogers was open a bunch today. And he caught both passes thrown to him so can't complain about him. I'd bet money that a lot of the game plan was built around Pascal and exposing Houston's injured DBs (three starters), and going somewhere else other than TY who would be doubled. We still tried to force it late to TY, but the first half and early 2nd was highly successful with first reads going to the X instead of Z.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Imgrandojji said:

Good for you!  Thanks for doing that on our behalf


Do what I can, which as a fan, isn’t much haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point Cain has been a huge disappointment. He isn’t showing anything. Zach has earned more snaps and a bigger role in the passing game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

One heck of a game to him in a game that mattered a lot.  We've desperately needed that WR who can step up and take advantage of defenses overloading on TY.  Tonight he was that man.

 

I think you've got to give Pascal a major role in the offense at this point.  He's earned it and it looks like he might be able to handle it.  He has definitely leapfrogged Cain and Campbell, at least for now.


He had a really good game but I won’t jump the gun until he shows consistency performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ProblChld32 said:


He had a really good game but I won’t jump the gun until he shows consistency performances.

He has shown consistency. He has been great from that Atlanta game on. Once we decided to give him a bigger role in the offense he has stepped up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! Great he really don't show any fear.. honestly reminds me of Inman from last year! 

 

Let's go Colts! 4-2 baby! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:


He had a really good game but I won’t jump the gun until he shows consistency performances.

 

Pascal is plenty consistent IMO. We have just forced way too much to TY and TE. It's more about feeding others (be it by play call, or by read progression) and allowing guys to step up. That happened today and Pascal delivered. TY will benefit the more we spread it around. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s to bad he didn’t connect on that TD pass. He had a wide open receiver. 

That would have been amazing to his stat line too

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4-2 and one missed extra point from the GOAT from being 5-1. Pretty good start.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely. He had a great game.

 

Hopefully one of many to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I just don’t think QB is the position that you gamble on trading back to get your “guy”. I don’t think GMs settle for 2nd or 3rd choice if they don’t have to and are more prone to reach to secure a QB they want. Especially, when a lot of teams need a QB.
    • I think TE is more important for us than WR. Doyle is signed, but he does get nicked up.   Sometimes its a matter of supply and demand.  If the WR position is deep, maybe we can get what we need at with our mid second or mid third.  But to get a TE that is truly multi skilled, I think our high second or mid second is the floor.   And then there's DT.   If we draft a QB, GMs usually like to give them help by also drafting receivers fairly high, so I don't see where drafting a QB in the first really changes our receiver draft strategy.    If that's the case, DT is going to languish yet another year.
    • fans would probably struggle to coach a game, but personnel stuff is different.  you could have thrown darts at a draft board and done better than some teams  
    • I personally don't want a receiver in round 1 this year, but if Luck were still QB it would be intriguing. They are top-20 NFL talent for a reason, opinions aside.. 
    • Assuming we do draft a QB, It's really going to be interesting to see 1) who they like more between Love/Herbert/Eason, 2) where Love ends up in the Mocks as time goes on and thru the combine, and 3) if Love or whomever they like is projected to go late 1st round or early second, will the Colts gamble a little, take a DL with the first, and trade up to take a QB (or vise versa).
  • Members

    • MPStack

      MPStack 2,916

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 2,487

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 9,132

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • hoosierhawk

      hoosierhawk 515

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • aaron11

      aaron11 2,353

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • HoosierHero

      HoosierHero 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DougDew

      DougDew 3,388

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bsteves

      bsteves 152

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BleedBlue4Shoe86

      BleedBlue4Shoe86 113

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • HarryTheCat

      HarryTheCat 819

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...