Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zach Pascal deserves some love

Imgrandojji

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They say it takes a WR a couple of years. He is developing really nice and is starting to really starting to gain chemistry with JB. We will be that much better when DF comes back.  Seems pascal was running the same type of plays DF would be in there for. Ebron finally looked like the pro bowler TE we know.

Do not see you (comment-wise) a lot in the game thread (it seems )

He's our second best WR right now by some margin... I don't know if this should be taken as a positive or a negative, but it is what it is. He's easily overperforming his contract and the investment we've made in him. He is sudden with his movement and IMO will have a place in the rotation of an NFL team even if our WR corps wasn't so barren/injured. Good for him, seems to work on his craft, seems to improve, not much more you can ask from an undrafted guy. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

One heck of a game to him in a game that mattered a lot.  We've desperately needed that WR who can step up and take advantage of defenses overloading on TY.  Tonight he was that man.

I think you've got to give Pascal a major role in the offense at this point.  He's earned it and it looks like he might be able to handle it.  He has definitely leapfrogged Cain and Campbell, at least for now.

He was awesome.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's our second best WR right now by some margin... I don't know if this should be taken as a positive or a negative, but it is what it is. He's easily overperforming his contract and the investment we've made in him. He is sudden with his movement and IMO will have a place in the rotation of an NFL team even if our WR corps wasn't so barren/injured. Good for him, seems to work on his craft, seems to improve, not much more you can ask from an undrafted guy. 

He is also very important on run plays, he is an excellent blocker for a WR. I love his attitude. Really happy for him today, shows where hard work gets you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Cain and Campbell can learn a thing or two from Pascal. And Rogers can keep the bench warm.

Great game.

Rogers was open a bunch today. And he caught both passes thrown to him so can't complain about him. I'd bet money that a lot of the game plan was built around Pascal and exposing Houston's injured DBs (three starters), and going somewhere else other than TY who would be doubled. We still tried to force it late to TY, but the first half and early 2nd was highly successful with first reads going to the X instead of Z.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

One heck of a game to him in a game that mattered a lot.  We've desperately needed that WR who can step up and take advantage of defenses overloading on TY.  Tonight he was that man.

I think you've got to give Pascal a major role in the offense at this point.  He's earned it and it looks like he might be able to handle it.  He has definitely leapfrogged Cain and Campbell, at least for now.

He had a really good game but I won’t jump the gun until he shows consistency performances.

2 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

He had a really good game but I won’t jump the gun until he shows consistency performances.

Pascal is plenty consistent IMO. We have just forced way too much to TY and TE. It's more about feeding others (be it by play call, or by read progression) and allowing guys to step up. That happened today and Pascal delivered. TY will benefit the more we spread it around. 

• Like 2