Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 7 impressions: Brissett

Imgrandojji

Is it just me but does it seem like JB calls out more coverages and Defenses than luck did?  I remember manning being a master of it and changing plays and early on it seems like JB has a little of that in him. Not saying it’s all that gamechanging or that it makes him better than anyone else, it’s just an observation. 

1 minute ago, Trace Pyott said:

Is it just me but does it seem like JB calls out more coverages and Defenses than luck did?  I remember manning being a master of it and changing plays and early on it seems like JB has a little of that in him. Not saying it’s all that gamechanging or that it makes him better than anyone else, it’s just an observation. 

I definitely noticed some times during the game where he kill-killed the play, including one of his biggest throws of the night which looks like it changed from a run to a play action pass.  Yeah, he's very active at calling out coverages and making sure everyone knows what they're doing. 

• Like 1

On first watch a very very good game. Probably the best in his career. This game was probably the first time I felt like he can move the ball with the pass against a defense. They made us throw it and he threw it for 300+ 4/0. Loved it. I can nit pick some small things but I don't feel like its appropriate for the type of throwing performance he had... especially early in the game.  This is a clear step forward IMO. Now lets see him show us he consistently put similar performances on tape. It doesn't need to be this good, but he needs to be able to move the ball in a similar way. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Can he throw TD's when the ground game is being shut down? Check

Can he lead the team down the field,eat the clock with players other than TY? Check

Can he throw for over 300 yards, 4 TDS, and protect the ball? Check

Give credit to the Texans D. They are for real. 

Jacoby is a leader, and a smart QB. Calling him a game manager would not be accurate. He is a pocket passer with patience, smarts, and necessary accuracy for the position. 

I mostly agrree with you. IMO Texans' D was 'one man army' for most of the game, Watt made plays. They only stepped up when it was late. 

Just now, waka waka said:

i've said it several weeks now why is there a need for a weekly thread? should be easy to roll these all into a single thread. 

Megathreads suck.  Intersting and important topics are constantly buried and lost when they're bundled into huge megathreads.

Brissett is being evaluated from week to week because the jury's still out on him.  In other years there won't be this kind of focus and scrutiny on the QB but while we're still getting used to him, it's interesting to see how impressions change every week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, waka waka said:

i've said it several weeks now why is there a need for a weekly thread? should be easy to roll these all into a single thread. 

I personally love those threads. I think there is good discussion to be had on Brissett's performances and I think it's important to honeslty evaluate what we see from him, until we either commit big time money for him (give him a franchise QB contract) or move on from him(or draft a QB high). 

• Like 3

Fantastic game by JB. Boy did he deliver. Loved that the play calling the first half was 1st reads not to TY. We struggled a bit late trying to force it to TY. 

Pascal had a great game, coming out game for him too. Ebron shook off the drops. Rogers was only targeted twice but was open a lot and caught both of his targets. 

To me, I think this will be an incredible boost to JB's confidence. Reich was not afraid to call a game plan to attack Houston's weakness (pass D), and put it in JB's hands to win. I was a bit afraid we'd try to force the run, and try to force to TY more. 

Huge step for JB. To pat myself on the back, I did say several times that this could be his coming out game. It was even better than expected. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Ebron actually caught passes today.:cheer:

39 minutes ago, stitches said:

On first watch a very very good game. Probably the best in his career. This game was probably the first time I felt like he can move the ball with the pass against a defense. They made us throw it and he threw it for 300+ 4/0. Loved it. I can nit pick some small things but I don't feel like its appropriate for the type of throwing performance he had... especially early in the game.  This is a clear step forward IMO. Now lets see him show us he consistently put similar performances on tape. It doesn't need to be this good, but he needs to be able to move the ball in a similar way. 

So it's settled then.  When Ebron catches the ball consistently, Brissett plays at his absolute best. LOL

Great game from JB. I haven't rewatched to confirm, but he seemed to be checking around more hitting secondary options. Not much to really pick apart. Speaking of pick apart, that defense was legit today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One could say the Colts got lucky getting Brissett in view of Luck's retiring but it could be they saw more than just a Brady backup. Either way it's nice to know the Colts won't have to scrounge and gamble on a starting QB any time in the future. As a Houston resident I rejoice in saying the tears are flowing here today but Houston is used to flooding. At least they have the Astros!!

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brissett saved his best game for today. It was a must win today because we still have to go there. 326 Yards, 4 TD's, 0 INT's. Game ball may actually go to Ebron though lmao . That 1 handed TD catch, keeping both feet in was Winslow like.

Love what Ebron did, but all the game balls should go to JB. If we're handing out pats on the back, Ebron, Pascal, Leonard, Desir, and RYS need some serious pats.

I might actually give a game ball to Reich. While I thought he called plays to TY too much late in the game, a huge hats off to him for the game plan (letting JB toss the rock and not forcing the run and TY too much)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Really liked seeing Jacoby try to push the ball down field as well. He looked really confident today. He will be better too when he gets Funchess and Campbell back.

Was about to say this. I am starting to think they can go all the way if they stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

Pretty impressive.  Stats looked good.  Brissett put up more than enough points to win.  A bit of an issue where he got shut down in the 4th quarter but against a good defense that happens to the best of them

Just went up against our biggest rival for the division and had his best game ever.  Outplayed Deshawn Watson.  The D had to do its job in order to secure the game but they did, and that was a signature win for the whole team with Brissett leading the way.

And yet again Brissett put up more than enough yards and points to win the game even when the running backs have a bad day at the office.

BTW great game by Zach Pascal.  He needs to be given props, he was a monster tonight

I’m just gonna say this.

after the last six weeks, Andrew Luck, who?!

brissett is being the QB we need, not always super flashy but enough to do the job well to get Ws. Let’s hope it Continues.

oh btw, I think we finally broke our bye week curse!

• Like 1