Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
EastStreet

What do you want to see from JB today?

Could be a breakout game for JB today. Houston's going to key on stopping our rushing attack, and will likely pay a ton of attention to TY. At the same time, 3 of Houston's starting DBs are "questionable" (2 CBs and 1 S).

Houston isn't great vs the pass anyway, regardless of injury, so will Reich try to exploit and ask JB to do more?

What I'd like to see from JB today.

1) Decreased TTT (time to throw). JB has ranked near the bottom in TTT, and given he also ranks bad in air yards, he really needs to improve here. Hoping the game will start to slow down for him and he can improve in diagnosing and going through progressions.

2) Increased air yards. Not saying I want JB to toss a bunch of bombs, but I would like to see him connect on a few per game. We're making it easy on opposing Ds to key on run stopping, as well as clogging the middle and doubling TY.

3) While I want to beat Houston by 100, I'd love to see JB be put into a place late in the game where he needs to win the game for us. And I'd like to see him succeed. I think it's critical that he builds confidence in the next 4 games, and has blossomed before going into the last 7 games of the season.

What do you want to see?

he needs to go deep ; the main problem is our wide receivers can't get separation , besides ty.

cain pascal, rodgers  are horrible getting open.  jb would be much better with weapons , everybody is doubling ty .   

look at brady or mahomes their wrs get wide open with no one within 7 yards most game .  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

he needs to go deep ; the main problem is our wide receivers can't get separation , 

Then he should not be going deep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A win as it will make my life easier  when I go to work. Otherwise  my coworkers  will be like what happened  to your boys. They got stomped  lol

• Like 1

As much as I want to see JB have a break out game (along with TY), the best thing he can do is minimize turnovers, maximize first downs, and put points on the board whenever possible.  He doesn't need to throw for 300 yards or 4 TD's to do that.  Play efficiently.  Play smart.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

he needs to go deep ; the main problem is our wide receivers can't get separation , besides ty.

cain pascal, rodgers  are horrible getting open.  jb would be much better with weapons , everybody is doubling ty .   

look at brady or mahomes their wrs get wide open with no one within 7 yards most game .  

Actually, not true. Right now, Ebron (1.6), Doyle (1.65), Pascal (1.5), and Rogers (2.09) all have better separation stats than TY (1.04). This doesn't mean TY stinks or is slow, it means he's getting doubled and is the focus of the opponents D.

Announcers also commented several times about open WRs downfield that weren't seen (Cain was one specifically mentioned). JB also ranks 28th in AGG% (% of time a QB tries to force it into tight window), which is likely a result of him keying in on a well covered TY too much.

22 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

A win will be enough.

A win is the most important thing easily. 

I do think it's crucial for JB to progress though, and this is a great opportunity.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

A win is the most important thing easily. 

I do think it's crucial for JB to progress though, and this is a great opportunity.

Few texans fans are saying  a blow out win in their favor 

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Actually, not true. Right now, Ebron (1.6), Doyle (1.65), Pascal (1.5), and Rogers (2.09) all have better separation stats than TY (1.04). This doesn't mean TY stinks or is slow, it means he's getting doubled and is the focus of the opponents D.

Announcers also commented several times about open WRs downfield that weren't seen (Cain was one specifically mentioned). JB also ranks 28th in AGG% (% of time a QB tries to force it into tight window), which is likely a result of him keying in on a well covered TY too much.

They have said that. Guess we will see what happens  today

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Few texans fans are saying  a blow out win in their favor 

Personally I think they are delusional. I do think it will be a tough game, which is why I really want to see JB ball out and have a great game. While I don't think he needs to throw 300 to win, I just want to see him improve in few areas and take the team on his back late in the game.

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They have said that. Guess we will see what happens  today

JB did say deep balls are coming. I don't know if that means he feels that he has improved his vision/reads/progressions, or it simply means we're going to see more plays with the first read  designed long.

Target the tight ends. Houston will key in on stopping the run and TY, so why not just dink and dunk down the field with Jack, Ebron, and MAC? We need to stretch Houston’s defense with the tight ends and WRs so we can ram it down their throat with Mack. I think we might see some Hines action in the slot too. Really all we need from JB is for him to manage the game and hit his routes, and maybe a couple of deep shots to TY. I don’t think we’ll keep up on defense, so we need to keep Watson off the field and grind out the game.

• Like 2

Confidence and ball control.  Good things will come from that.  Nevermind stats, nevermind TDs, good things come if you are confident and manage the game well

I don’t know what people wanted to see but what they are seeing is him playing a masterful half vs the Texans minus the fumbled snap.

• Like 2

Playing smart. I love it. Let’s keep this going. :cheer2: Feed T.Y. 

Looking pretty darn good so far. Only one truly bad pass (to Doyle). I won't lie, the fumble hurt and costs us, but overall I love that Reich is putting the game in his hands. 

On first watch this was probably the best game in Jacoby's career. I loved most of everything I saw today. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

As much as I want to see JB have a break out game (along with TY), the best thing he can do is minimize turnovers, maximize first downs, and put points on the board whenever possible.  He doesn't need to throw for 300 yards or 4 TD's to do that.  Play efficiently.  Play smart.

Huh.  326 yards and 4 TD's.  Waddaya know?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Boy’s we got us a QB.

Yeah I think at this point it would be very hard for JB to cost himself his job.  Great work tonight

26 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Yeah I think at this point it would be very hard for JB to cost himself his job.  Great work tonight

It's only one game, but boy it was a good one. 

Next three games I expect to see a ton of Mack given Denver, Pitt, and Miami aren't great against the run, but I just hope they continue to let JB "get his" in the passing game.

7 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

This is funny

10 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

This is funny

good call is what it was.  He knew, he just didn't know he knew

• Like 2

9 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To the OP's question, kneeling at the end of the game as we win.

All the above happened! Quick, what are the winning lottery numbers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1