Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
NannyMcafee

This game has to be a statement game.

Recommended Posts

The Colts have to come out and make a statement today that they have what it takes to make a playoff run without Andrew. The Colts overall have been acceptable, but if you lose today you lose a little faith from the fans this year. 

 

Come out, and punch these guys in the jaw. 

 

Ebron needs to show up and forget about Andrew Luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

The Colts have to come out and make a statement today that they have what it takes to make a playoff run without Andrew. The Colts overall have been acceptable, but if you lose today you lose a little faith from the fans this year. 

 

Come out, and punch these guys in the jaw. 

Meh. Most on here were predicting a winless season. Most were saying we’d be lucky to be 2-2 WITH luck playing. 

 

That said, we just need to win. The rest will fall into place on its own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A win today would show me a lot. Beating a good team in your division is always huge. If we lose for some reason it will be a downer but our schedule is favorable over the next month so it will not be a death sentence if we lose today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a bad matchup for us. The Texans are good against the run, and we can't win a passing matchup Vs the Texans if it comes down to that with Moore, Hooker, and possibly Desir out. I hate to be negative, but I don't see how we win this game.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a bad matchup for us. The Texans are good against the run, and we can't win a passing matchup Vs the Texans if it comes down to that with Moore, Hooker, and possibly Desir out. I hate to be negative, but I don't see how we win this game.

Crow-plate.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Happy to eat crow. Reich coached well and we played well today.

Tastiest crow you'll ever eat.  Enjoy!  :D:D:D

 

(I thought we were at a disadvantage too.  HUGE praise for the D that played way better than they "should" have).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big win by our Colts today.  Message sent to the Texans, division and rest of the AFC. The Colts are still the friggin Colts. We are not going away.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a bad matchup for us. The Texans are good against the run, and we can't win a passing matchup Vs the Texans if it comes down to that with Moore, Hooker, and possibly Desir out. I hate to be negative, but I don't see how we win this game.

 

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather be wrong in predicting a win, that right in predicting a loss. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a bad matchup for us. The Texans are good against the run, and we can't win a passing matchup Vs the Texans if it comes down to that with Moore, Hooker, and possibly Desir out. I hate to be negative, but I don't see how we win this game.

Well, we won a passing game vs. Watson and co.   And, you just witnessed how they win this game so..... Keep doubting going forward, it's working this far!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

 

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................

Yes sir. The Colts win. And its the way the team won. Key players return. Oline did their job, Coaching was as good as I've ever seen. JB was great, defense including Desir stood up. This was an amazing game to watch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Big win by our Colts today.  Message sent to the Texans, division and rest of the AFC. The Colts are still the friggin Colts. We are not going away.

 

8 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

 

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................

Come on guys, Mr. Cisneros already ate his crow in public.  Let it go.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

 

Come on guys, Mr. Cisneros already ate his crow in public.  Let it go.

Not sure why you quoted me...I wasn’t singling Jared out at all.  Personally, I can understand anyone who was a little apprehensive about today’s game initially.  We all have to eat some crow at some point.  Whenever I do I take mine with some Texas Pete or Sweet Baby Ray’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Not sure why you quoted me...I wasn’t singling Jared out at all.  Personally, I can understand anyone who was a little apprehensive about today’s game initially.  We all have to eat some crow at some point.  Whenever I do I take mine with some Texas Pete or Sweet Baby Ray’s. 

I think I missed and ment to quote someone else.  It's all good

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brissett is the man moving forward, he proved it today. 326, 4 TD's, no INT's and we beat Houston on top of it. 1st place in the South. Our run game struggled today and it was Brissett that carried us with accurate big throw after accurate big throw. I looked at our schedule and I do not see us losing for a while. If anyone doubts Brissett after today than they need bifocals laugh laughing GIF, now to the Draft, can we discuss what defensive player we are going to draft instead of drafting some college dude at QB that will crap his pants at the sight of playing in the NFL. Lets put Chad Kelly to bed too, please lets do at least that haha 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were down hooker and Moore on d.. and we matched them pretty well. Obviously Hopkins can't be held down by anyone but the Patriots. But we did well!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brissett is the man moving forward, he proved it today. 326, 4 TD's, no INT's and we beat Houston on top of it. 1st place in the South. Our run game struggled today and it was Brissett that carried us with accurate big throw after accurate big throw. I looked at our schedule and I do not see us losing for a while. If anyone doubts Brissett after today than they need bifocals laugh laughing GIF, now to the Draft, can we discuss what defensive player we are going to draft instead of drafting some college dude at QB that will crap his pants at the sight of playing in the NFL. Lets put Chad Kelly to bed too, please lets do at least that haha 

I think Chad Kelly went to bed in a stranger's house

  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

We were down hooker and Moore on d.. and we matched them pretty well. Obviously Hopkins can't be held down by anyone but the Patriots. But we did well!!

Hooker may be back next week? Not sure. That will help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so great, I talked the talk with Brissett before this game so I had to walk the walk. lmao  Brissett played the best game of his career. Thank you #7 for not making me look bad and making the haters look so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

 

Come on guys, Mr. Cisneros already ate his crow in public.  Let it go.

 

Jared eats a lot of crow. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact we did that without hooker and Moore was so impeessive. That means defense can only get better. I was reading some tweets we used Desir in the slot a little and even the way they used Sheard so far out wide  it looked like he was even in the slot. Eberflus has them coming together.

 

Anyone want to see Nelson as a fullback more and get a TD. Lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The fact we did that without hooker and Moore was so impeessive. That means defense can only get better. I was reading some tweets we used Desir in the slot a little and even the way they used Sheard so far out wide  it looked like he was even in the slot. Eberflus has them coming together.

 

Anyone want to see Nelson as a fullback more and get a TD. Lol

When we play Pitt, I hate them so much haha . If we were up big and I was coaching I would put in Nelson at FB and run it in for a TD :funny:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

The Colts have to come out and make a statement today that they have what it takes to make a playoff run without Andrew. The Colts overall have been acceptable, but if you lose today you lose a little faith from the fans this year. 

 

Come out, and punch these guys in the jaw. 

 

Ebron needs to show up and forget about Andrew Luck. 

Who is this Andrew Luck you mentioned?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so happy with this team. They are built to win so many different ways. They can win balanced, with the run, or the pass. The D can stop the run and play the pass. Of course they're not perfect but this young  team has me fired up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge statement today. Texans came in as one of the best in third down. They were 4-12. Also one of the best red zone teams. Defense played so well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Mahomes injury I think there is a argument that can be made now the colts are the second best team in the AFC.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great win. Texans fans were straight up disrespecting us (still are, saying refs gave us the game somehow). If JB continues to grow and the defense sticks with their ability to get serious pressure rushing four, we have a real shot at going deep in the playoffs. I said before the season after Luck retired that we’d go 9-7. Double digit wins are a very real possibility at this point which is all the more impressive and speaks volumes about Reich.

 

Really looking at that Chargers game wishing we had that one back now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a great win, and we did it without some key guys...

 

The only thing I will say is we really benefitted from their undisciplined play. Same goes for the Chiefs. We won’t always get bailed out by flags, not that it was the only reason we won. It did help though.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something about the colts brings out other teams undisciplined play. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Great win. Texans fans were straight up disrespecting us (still are, saying refs gave us the game somehow). If JB continues to grow and the defense sticks with their ability to get serious pressure rushing four, we have a real shot at going deep in the playoffs. I said before the season after Luck retired that we’d go 9-7. Double digit wins are a very real possibility at this point which is all the more impressive and speaks volumes about Reich.

 

Really looking at that Chargers game wishing we had that one back now.

There is a new Sheriff in the South and his name is Jacoby Brissett Season 9 Cowboy GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something about the colts brings out other teams undisciplined play. 

 

 

Coaching, we have the best Coach in the division and it really isn't close.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Great win. Texans fans were straight up disrespecting us (still are, saying refs gave us the game somehow). If JB continues to grow and the defense sticks with their ability to get serious pressure rushing four, we have a real shot at going deep in the playoffs. I said before the season after Luck retired that we’d go 9-7. Double digit wins are a very real possibility at this point which is all the more impressive and speaks volumes about Reich.

 

Really looking at that Chargers game wishing we had that one back now.

KC fans were disrespecting us too. Some Colts fans in here said JB was trash basically and wanted couch crasher Chad Kelly as their QB lmao . It is what it is. I am glad we have the GM, Coach, and QB we have. So far so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Happy to eat crow. Reich coached well and we played well today.

 

Lol I will not have this delicacy ever after KC game I trust them more

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

 

Lol I will not have this delicacy ever after KC game I trust them more

I have stuck up for JB all along and always said he was above average. After today I believe in him 100% now. Before today I was nervous, now I know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Foles is done. Rivers is not leaving the Chargers unless he retires (he has nine kids and commutes from San Diego every day, he's not packing up and coming here). The Lions would be stupid to get rid of Stafford but if they did I would love to have him. I am convinced he would solve our troubles at QB very easily. He's a veteran, he's smart, he has possibly the strongest arm in the league, and he's tough as nails injury-wise. With a better WR corp Stafford could win us a lot of games. We would have to trade for Stafford though and I would expect the Lions to want at least a second for him. If we were to finish worse than the Lions, it would be awesome if we could give them the Skins second and move back to their spot in the first in exchange for Stafford; but that isn't going to happen.
    • We're actually fortunate that we have JB under a decently cheap deal. We could draft a Jordan Love and if he turns out to be the next Kizer, we have a mediocre backup plan to keep us afloat. Although if Ballard doesn't hit on a good QB this year, I wouldn't be against trying again in 2021 since that draft is supposed to be even more QB heavy.
    • Big no to foles and rivers.
    • Im in that boat with you draft a mid round sleeper QB to develop with kelly. And trade for a QB capable of playing elite behind our line. Foles, Stafford, Rivers. Someone to transition to the next.
    • I don't pay attention to the Redskins, so maybe Haskins is the worst QB of all time, but I think they'll at least give him another year to develop. I completely expect Bengals to take Burrow at one, Redskins take Young at two, and then Dolphins take either Tua or maybe Herbert at three. Dolphins can easily trade up for the guy they want if they aren't number three, considering the bumblebees and cows gave them two more first rounders this year. I don't see the Jets wanting a QB, but the Bears will be chomping at the bit. We're lucky that most crap teams this year are seemingly ok with their QB situations
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...