Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You're the new Colts GM, choose your franchise QB.

Lucky Colts Fan

On 10/20/2019 at 6:39 AM, JMichael557 said:

Unitas. Under today's rules he would be unstoppable. 

Different eras and different types of players. You cant really compare. Back then Olinemen and Dlinemen weighed like 240 lbs.. DBs probably ran like 4.7s... Basically the she sheer anount of athletic freaks and competitiveness is far higher now than back then. 

12 hours ago, Calmack said:

Different eras and different types of players. You cant really compare. Back then Olinemen and Dlinemen weighed like 240 lbs.. DBs probably ran like 4.7s... Basically the she sheer anount of athletic freaks and competitiveness is far higher now than back then. 

I use to think that way when I was young as well about players that played in the 30's and 40's.. But the truth is that their were a lot of great athletes in the 50' and 60's.  DB were not as fast because they were bigger. You could beat up the WR in those days. WR  had to be bigger as well. It would be hard for TY to play in that ERA because they would hit him all over the field. As for Oline in those days that had zero rule protection. DLine could slap them on the side of the head as part of their pass rush move. QB's could not slide to be protected they were full time players. Their was no in the grasp rule. You could hit a QB anywhere, High, in the head etc.  Unitas was throwing to WR who were being held all over the field. He has zero protection from the officials. He set records that were well ahead of his time. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:54 AM, Imgrandojji said:

It's entirely possible that Brady made Belichick.

Have you been watching the Pats this year?

I know Brady isn't in his prime anymore, but he is surrounded by a pretty average supporting cast on offense, and it is showing.

It looks like his elite HC/Defense are going to carry him to another SB this year.  Again.

On 10/19/2019 at 7:25 PM, Solon said:

Aaron Rodgers. I don't know who throws a better ball.

Drew Brees does.  Most accurate passer all time both in the stats and by the eye test (at least in my opinion).  But you could eeny meeny Brees, Rodgers and Manning and I would be happy with either of them.  The only reason I'd prefer Manning is because he was the youngest of the three when, in my opinion, were at the earliest considered "in their prime."

Manning figured it out by 23 but was leading the league in yards and TDs by 24.

Brees and Rodgers have an argument for 25, but Brees hit stride 27 and Rodgers at 26.

On 10/19/2019 at 7:37 PM, TimetobringDfence! said:

Correct on Peyton, not even debatable no QB is capable of doing more with less. Mahomes possibly but needs to prove it. I think after watching our game againt the chiefs it ahowed Mahomes can be rattled by pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some PM, and he would be my choice as well, but even HE can get rattled by pressure.  Do you remember the SuperBowl loss to the Seahawks?