Indianapolis Colts
Lucky Colts Fan

You're the new Colts GM, choose your franchise QB.

You are the new GM of the Colts, but the ONLY thing you get to choose is your franchise QB, and it can be any QB in history in their prime.

You are saddled with an average coaching staff, average defense, and average supporting cast on offense.  Your QB has to carry your team.

You want to win the SB this year.  What QB in their prime would you choose?

I would choose Manning.

He was the ultimate Field General.

He could read a defense better than anyone, call the right play, and get the ball where it needed to be when it needed to be there.

• Like 3

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I would choose Manning.

He was the ultimate Field General.

He could read a defense better than anyone, call the right play, and get the ball where it needed to be when it needed to be there.

I would choose Peyton as well on those terms you presented. 

• Like 1

Also would choose Peyton. Him with this offensive line, my lord. The guy just loves football, not a single ounce of quit in him. 

• Like 1

I don't believe there has every been a QB that could win a Super Bowl with an average coaching  staff, an average offense and an average defense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I don't believe there has every been a QB that could win a Super Bowl with an average coaching  staff, an average offense and an average defense.

Don't overthink it.  :funny:

• Like 1

Andrew no question. No one did more with such little talent. Peyton twice had above average oline, hof wrs and rbs and talented wrs in Thomas, welker, and Decker

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Marino. He had the exact scenario you are describing his entire career and had teams who were always competitive.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Marino. He had the exact scenario you are describing his entire career and had teams who were always competitive.

Never won the big one either.  Shula was far from an average coach

• Like 2

Peyton went to 4 superbowls with 4 different head coaches.    Peyton is easily the guy I would choose

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Andrew no question. No one did more with such little talent. Peyton twice had above average oline, hof wrs and rbs and talented wrs in Thomas, welker, and Decker

Andrew never went to a single SB.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Never won the big one either.  Shula was far from an average coach

Maybe Shula, but the talent around him was subpar.  Wasn’t Shula de facto gm?

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Andrew never went to a single SB.

Andrew took a trash roster to an AFC championship game in only his third year. You really think if andrew had tbe line and running game we have now, he wouldnt get to a super bowl?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Tom Brady 

Bellicheck MADE Brady, without him Brady isn’t nearly as good. 

In my opinion, I might have to go with Drew Brees. Only a few times throughout his career has he had any of the above criteria, and he’s still one of the greatest ever. Give him an average offense in his prime and he’ll still break 5000 yards en route to a deep playoff run

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Maybe Shula, but the talent around him was subpar.  Wasn’t Shula de facto gm?

In an era with no salary cap.  Marino was certainly the most talented  player they had.    

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Andrew took a trash roster to an AFC championship game in only his third year. You really think if andrew had tbe line and running game we have now, he wouldnt get to a super bowl?

I guess we will never know

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

I would go Peyton but for the sake of being different I’ll go mahomes.

A guy with less than 25 starts?

Peyton with Belichick for his entire career would have been epic.

• Like 1

Peyton definitely.

I think a good question would be, would you rather have Belichick, or Reich/Ballard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Peyton with Belichick for his entire career would have been epic.

Yup.

Marinos release was one of the most unusually great things in the game.

Just now, Nickster said:

Yup.

Marinos release was one of the most unusually great things in the game.

Super quick release and a cannon for an arm.  If he played in this era he would have rings

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Peyton definitely.

I think a good question would be, would you rather have Belichick, or Reich/Ballard.

Give me the hoodie by a wide wide margin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Peyton definitely.

Belichick 20 years ago.  Reich Ballard now

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Super quick release and a cannon for an arm.  If he played in this era he would have rings

With the new rules I shudder to think.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Peyton definitely.

I would go with Reich and Ballard over the Hooded one. I’m not sure any team in modern history has dealt with more drama and emerged all the better for it than Ballard and to a lesser extent, Reich. Plus, they didn’t cheat

As for QB, Peyton Manning hands down

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Unitas.   Easy choice for me.  

Really?  Easy?  How is it easy?  Most people here never saw him play.   His days in Baltimore he never had average coach,  defense or offensive talent.   Im not suggesting he wasn't great,   but he wasn't asked to do what qbs of today are asked to do, and he had great talent all around him. 60's era qbs heads would explode trying to play today's game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You are the new GM of the Colts, but the ONLY thing you get to choose is your franchise QB, and it can be any QB in history in their prime.

You are saddled with an average coaching staff, average defense, and average supporting cast on offense.  Your QB has to carry your team.

You want to win the SB this year.  What QB in their prime would you choose?

2006 Peyton Manning, 2018 Andrew Luck or 2019 Russel Wilson

Bam, done, in ten seconds

(To be fair, character also plays a part in my decision)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndyD4U said:

Tom Brady 

I hate to say it, but this is a no brainer.  Guy has been to 9 Super Bowls in 18 seasons...winning 6.

Nobody else comes close.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Give me the hoodie by a wide wide margin.

me too. it's not even close.