Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You're the new Colts GM, choose your franchise QB.


Lucky Colts Fan

Recommended Posts

You are the new GM of the Colts, but the ONLY thing you get to choose is your franchise QB, and it can be any QB in history in their prime.

 

You are saddled with an average coaching staff, average defense, and average supporting cast on offense.  Your QB has to carry your team.

 

You want to win the SB this year.  What QB in their prime would you choose?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrew no question. No one did more with such little talent. Peyton twice had above average oline, hof wrs and rbs and talented wrs in Thomas, welker, and Decker

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Andrew no question. No one did more with such little talent. Peyton twice had above average oline, hof wrs and rbs and talented wrs in Thomas, welker, and Decker

Andrew never went to a single SB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Andrew never went to a single SB.

 

Andrew took a trash roster to an AFC championship game in only his third year. You really think if andrew had tbe line and running game we have now, he wouldnt get to a super bowl?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Tom Brady 

Bellicheck MADE Brady, without him Brady isn’t nearly as good. 

 

In my opinion, I might have to go with Drew Brees. Only a few times throughout his career has he had any of the above criteria, and he’s still one of the greatest ever. Give him an average offense in his prime and he’ll still break 5000 yards en route to a deep playoff run

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Maybe Shula, but the talent around him was subpar.  Wasn’t Shula de facto gm?

In an era with no salary cap.  Marino was certainly the most talented  player they had.    

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Andrew took a trash roster to an AFC championship game in only his third year. You really think if andrew had tbe line and running game we have now, he wouldnt get to a super bowl?

I guess we will never know

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Peyton definitely.

 

I think a good question would be, would you rather have Belichick, or Reich/Ballard.

I would go with Reich and Ballard over the Hooded one. I’m not sure any team in modern history has dealt with more drama and emerged all the better for it than Ballard and to a lesser extent, Reich. Plus, they didn’t cheat

As for QB, Peyton Manning hands down

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Unitas.   Easy choice for me.  

Really?  Easy?  How is it easy?  Most people here never saw him play.   His days in Baltimore he never had average coach,  defense or offensive talent.   Im not suggesting he wasn't great,   but he wasn't asked to do what qbs of today are asked to do, and he had great talent all around him. 60's era qbs heads would explode trying to play today's game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You are the new GM of the Colts, but the ONLY thing you get to choose is your franchise QB, and it can be any QB in history in their prime.

 

You are saddled with an average coaching staff, average defense, and average supporting cast on offense.  Your QB has to carry your team.

 

You want to win the SB this year.  What QB in their prime would you choose?

2006 Peyton Manning, 2018 Andrew Luck or 2019 Russel Wilson

Bam, done, in ten seconds

(To be fair, character also plays a part in my decision)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...