Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
bigt

Michigan Guards

I saw that PFF had Michael Onwenu as one of their midway point All American guards.  I know Ben Bredesen was ranked pretty high on draft boards as far as guards go, but apparently his counterpart is the best guard currently blazing trails for the RBs.  The RBs have got 2 yards past the line of scrimmage before a defender makes 1st contact running behind Owenu.  I thought Bredesen looked huge in pads then I saw Onwenu.  6’3”. 375 lbs.  If we are going to “run the damn ball”, he might look good wearing the horseshoe next year.

Idk if Onwenu is athletic enough to Pull. I guess being that big he wouldn't necessarily need to. We would just Run through that gap. 

Do you know if he's any good at Pass Protection? 

• Like 1

I’ve been watching Bredeson the last few weeks, and I’m impressed.   He’s clearly a big, strong guy, but he also hits people on the move.  He’s also been a reliable mainstay - three-year starter, the last two as a team captain. He’s officially on my mock, possibly as early as our second 2nd rounder...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• When we ran the ball 19 out of 20 plays something didn't jive with me. It made me think either JB has no say on the matter or JB wasn't 100%. Nobody runs that ball that much. If I had Emmitt Smith, Jim Brown, and Barry Sanders I wouldn't call 19 run plays out of 20  
    • I ran out of likes but YES to both of these  
    • If we draft a QB it better be the right one because JB is above average, he isn't a Hoyer or a Painter like some are making him out to be. As a Colts fan I feel bad for JB because we have a fan base that some doesn't like him. 
    • He signed a two year contract ,that's to protect Ballard as well.If he's not the answer we can try to get a quarterback.Either through draft or possible trade .
    • Is this a request that JB needs to make (letting him throw and change plays)? This is a serious question. With how much Frank goes on and on about Jacoby being such a great leader, I honestly assumed he would already let JB do these things.  Is the problem Frank holding Brissett back, or Brissett just not being a very good decision maker in the heat of the moment? Again, serious question.   I don’t really get into the QB arguments on here but I do tend to side with those who think Brissett is not the one for us down the stretch. The TV doesn’t always pan out to show you who is or is not open, but I saw several plays in this game and others where I felt he had options to throw the ball and he didn’t. I’m not sure if this is because he was so set on sticking with the original play call, or because he just doesn’t fully have the skills of a decisive game play maker. I feel like Frank would not get upset if JB went out there and changed the play at the line of scrimmage... isn’t that what good leaders have to do at times?   Maybe you are right, they do need to have this specific conversation... just would surprise me if they are just now having this talk this far into the season.  Sorry for the long post 
  • Members