Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moore out, Desir is game time decision

CR91

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

If Desir cant go, it would most likely be Ya-sin on Hopkins. Not sure how much I really like that.

Oof... going to be a long day in our defensive backfield.

Even if we double Hopkins, the other 1 on 1s will be painful to watch.

I am not worried about Hopkins. He will get his yards. It’s the other three WR. As long as Desir goes I think we will be ok. That still allows us to show a lot of different looks. If he can’t go that’s where where we have to go vanilla. Watson will kill us if that’s the case. As much as we make fun of Wilson it’s times like the last two weeks where he is very valuable and can play all DB positions. Having Leonard back helps not having Moore.

The injury list doesn’t look to bad actually. Reich said Campbell is expected back at practice next week.

8 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

We were down players when we went into KC and the general fan temperature was grim. 

How'd that turn out?

Houston has 4 really good WR who can run routes. If you go back to KC their WR were just going to a spot on the field and were not running routes. Made them easier to defend in man. Plus Houston is healthy.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am not worried about Hopkins. He will get his yards. It’s the other three WR. As long as Desir goes I think we will be ok. That still allows us to show a lot of different looks. If he can’t go that’s where where we have to go vanilla. Watson will kill us if that’s the case. As much as we make fun of Wilson it’s times like the last two weeks where he is very valuable and can play all DB positions. Having Leonard back helps not having Moore.

The injury list doesn’t look to bad actually. Reich said Campbell is expected back at practice next week.

Not that it has to be said but with Hooker being out, which isn't surprising, is big too with all of Houston's weapons.

If our pass rush doesn't get home we could end up seeing some really annoying scrambles/deep bombs from Watson.

• Like 2

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Houston has 4 really good WR who can run routes. If you go back to KC their WR were just going to a spot on the field and were not running routes. Made them easier to defend in man. Plus Houston is healthy.

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Less talented wrs. 

OK. Well, I remember the talk of how Mahomes was going to carve us up. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am actually glad it looks like they are going to keep hooker out another week. Let him get a week of full practice in.

is he officially out? all the reports I'm seeing are listing him as doubtful.  I'd say odds are he doesn't play but I don't know if its official that he's out yet

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

is he officially out? all the reports I'm seeing are listing him as doubtful.  I'd say odds are he doesn't play but I don't know if its official that he's out yet

Officially hes doubtful, but the chances of him playing slim

47 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The problem with both Desir and Moore our is it limits the looks you give Watson. If Desir can go I think we will be ok. Taylor mentioned how Moore helped him prepare for the KC game. It does take away the blitz from Moore though.

Good point about Moore. Maybe Okereke, Leonard, Taylor, Wilson or Tell will help with the loss of Moore.

If Desir can play man on Hopkins, they can double Fuller. Or visa versa. 
    Wilson does a good job with TEs. Willis is playing like he’ll be there for a long time.

Speaking of SS, I wonder how Geathers will play? All of the secondary individuals have made some great plays and watching that KC game, they were on on their receivers like white on rice.

I know these guys are a lot better but, the secondary may surprise some people Sunday.

Keep Watson, Fuller, Hyde and Hopkins on the bench. They can’t hurt you there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

He kinda did, but we limited his possessions. 

My point is, last week it was the QB. This week it's the WR's. Fact is, any fan can point out where we are lacking every week. It's all good, I just see patterns around here. 

Regardless of who was missing on D, we got it done last week in one of the 3 toughest houses in the NFL. This week, at home, I am excited to watch our o-line push the run game. They are fully healthy, and are poised to put a squeeze on the division early. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

UGH NOT BIG Q!!  How do we always end up with more players on the Injury List AFTER our bye weeks than before?!

Well they do practice. The injury report isn’t bad. 2 of the 3 players ruled out have been out for weeks. Half those guys on the list are listed as rest. The question will be how effective Desir will be. Reich said he felt they had enough DB so that probably says Desir plays. 

34 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

My point is, last week it was the QB. This week it's the WR's. Fact is, any fan can point out where we are lacking every week. It's all good, I just see patterns around here. 

Regardless of who was missing on D, we got it done last week in one of the 3 toughest houses in the NFL. This week, at home, I am excited to watch our o-line push the run game. They are fully healthy, and are poised to put a squeeze on the division early. 

I think it's fine to look at match ups as objectively as possible. I'll always point out areas where we might struggle and vice versa. 

As for the good stuff, I think we have the coaching edge and JB could have himself a game through the air. But it's reasonable to think we might struggle in certain areas, especially with our injuries. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I suspect Nelson was basically just letting him rest like Houston.  Reich also mentioned since Moore and Desir did not practice all week everyone got snaps so they will be prepared.

Well we will see. Not the end of world  if we lose to Houston, but probably  won't  win division 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I thought roby was going to be our a few weeks. Unless O’Brien is playing games this is weird. Their DB backs are beat up like ours. I just give Watson the edge over JB to take advantage of that.

That Greg manz that is out for texans. Is he a starter?

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

He kinda did, but we limited his possessions. 

Other than 1 possession in Q1, Mahomes didn't really give us very much trouble.  We got a lot of pressure on him and slowed him down with an ankle injury.  That whole game was a great piece of defensive football.