Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
zibby43

Malik Hooker practicing in pads today and other key health updates

I am shocked that Desir and Moore went back into that KC game and still can’t practice after having a bye week. Hopefully this just means they are getting more treatment instead of practicing. Desir would be huge if he can’t go against Hopkins. We would miss Kenny blitzing. That would mean we would be down to rock and Wilson with Taylor playing the slot. If they don’t play that greatly reduces the chances of winning with the Texans weapons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am shocked that Desir and Moore went back into that KC game and still can’t practice after having a bye week. Hopefully this just means they are getting more treatment instead of practicing. Desir would be huge if he can’t go against Hopkins. We would miss Kenny blitzing. That would mean we would be down to rock and Wilson with Taylor playing the slot. If they don’t play that greatly reduces the chances of winning with the Texans weapons.

Friday will be the key practice to watch, for sure.  Think they're probably just getting maximum rest. 

I agree that no Desir and no Moore would be bad news. 

On the flip side, if Hooker can play, that is tremendous news.

• Like 3

Every year, the Colts seem to be the only team who end up with more injuries coming out of the bye week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Friday will be the key practice to watch, for sure.  Think they're probably just getting maximum rest. 

I agree that no Desir and no Moore would be bad news. 

On the flip side, if Hooker can play, that is tremendous news.

I think I Moore will go. He looked pretty upbeat and laughing on walkers Ig and his lockeroom interview earlier in the week. Desir I think is the one I am most concerned with not playing. He has been playing on that bad hamstring rather then sitting out a game.

• Like 2

Goodness... Pierre and Kenny are two HUGE ones. I wouldnt worry too much with Houston and Ebron.

6 minutes ago, HeSoColt said:

Goodness... Pierre and Kenny are two HUGE ones. I wouldnt worry too much with Houston and Ebron.

Houston did his usual Thursday locker room interview. It seemed he will be ok. I think this would of been a typical rest day anyway. Ebron was just sick. If Moore and desir don’t go our corners are Rock, Wilson, Tell and Taylor. That could be ugly against Watson and those weapons. Hopefully they are just maximizing rest. I think Desir might have a bigger chance of not playing then Moore. He has been playing on that hamstring a few games.

When Moore and Desir went out that KC game Reich said if they couldn’t go back in we would of had to play a very basic vanilla defense. If we have to do that Sunday we could be in trouble. We confused Watson last year. We haven’t seen a corner signed or called up yet so hopefully that is a good sign they are playing.

39 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Houston missed practice today with a calf. 

He will play.

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Houston did his usual Thursday locker room interview. It seemed he will be ok. I think this would of been a typical rest day anyway. Ebron was just sick. If Moore and desir don’t go our corners are Rock, Wilson, Tell and Taylor. That could be ugly against Watson and those weapons. Hopefully they are just maximizing rest. I think Desir might have a bigger chance of not playing then Moore. He has been playing on that hamstring a few games.

Desir isn't as good as last year.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He will play.

He has been playing on a bad hamstring the last few games.

36 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He will play.

Whether Desir is as good as last year or not, he's still one of our best options. IMO, we need Houston, Hooker, Desir, Kenny, and maybe even Geathers to beat Houston. We can't afford to be thin, our deep secondary allows us to be more dynamic and makes it a lot harder for BOB and Watson to figure us out. 

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He will play.

That bad hammy has to be bothering him.  He has definitely regressed.  PFF season grade currently sitting at a woeful 52.7.

Moore hasn't been as strong either, grading out at a 64.2.

Wilson: 43.1 (yikes)

Ya-Sin: 61.5

Overall, it's been a rough year for the CBs.

2 of the safeties, on the other hand, have been quite good.

Willis: 70.8 (good)

Hooker: 76.1 (good)

30 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Whether Desir is as good as last year or not, he's still one of our best options. IMO, we need Houston, Hooker, Desir, Kenny, and maybe even Geathers to beat Houston. We can't afford to be thin, our deep secondary allows us to be more dynamic and makes it a lot harder for BOB and Watson to figure us out. 

This is right on point. If for some reason they can’t play we are going to have to go with a very vanilla and basic scheme. Won’t be able to confuse Watson either. Losing our two starting corners in this game would be bigger then not having our safeties against KC.  Especially with the Texans offense. They spread the ball around a lot. Having Desir out means Wilson plays on the outside which limits packages and looks. If Moore can’t go we have another rookie in Taylor in the slot. So Eberflus would keep it simple.

3 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Every year, the Colts seem to be the only team who end up with more injuries coming out of the bye week.

Does seem that way at times .

Justin Houston, Eric Ebron added to Colts injury report

The Colts had a couple of new names on their injury report on Thursday.

Defensive end Justin Houston did not practice because of a calf injury and tight end Eric Ebron sat out because of an illness...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/justin-houston-eric-ebron-added-to-colts-injury-report/

26 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Did Campbell have injury issues at OSU?

Is it too early to say bye to Lewis lol

Reich did say he would be back soon.

1 hour ago, zibby43 said:

That bad hammy has to be bothering him.  He has definitely regressed.  PFF season grade currently sitting at a woeful 52.7.

All those numbers go up if we just stop giving the other teams QB 20 seconds to throw.

29 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

All those numbers go up if we just stop giving the other teams QB 20 seconds to throw.

Sometimes it’s actually the DB that cause the pass rush not to be able to get pressure. If they don’t stay on their assignment and the receiver gets to their spot quicker that gives the pass rush less time to get pressure.

3 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Not necessarily.  PFF grades the play, not its result. 

15 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Is it too early to say bye to Lewis lol

Cant say I like OSU a single ounce. Unfortunately they churn out a ton of talent. With that, once they become Colts, I can usually come around to the players. Seems CB is fond of that pipeline but our guys are injured an awful lot. Maybe stop drafting OSU players? It just seems hard to trust them to stay on the field. 

12 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Not necessarily.  PFF grades the play, not its result. 

Ya but this defense looks bad on the stat sheet because most of the first 5 weeks we keep playing zone and giving the other teams QB 20 seconds to throw its ridiculous.

If we are gonna win the division first off I think we must sweep Houston this year and our defense must become more consistent pass rush must show up the rest of the season otherwise we don't have a prayer same thing goes for the passing offense.

18 hours ago, zibby43 said:

wilson probably should not be used as an outside corner.  hes like a safety that plays man coverage on certain guys 

Sigh. Biggest game if the year. Nelson isn’t practicing either. He looked ill in his Locker room interview yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sigh. Biggest game if the year. Nelson isn’t practicing either. He looked ill in his Locker room interview yesterday.

Couldn't find the Nelson tweet anywhere. Hopefully he gets better and plays but if not or if he's not 100% when he does, big yikes.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Couldn't find the Nelson tweet anywhere. Hopefully he gets better and plays but if not or if he's not 100% when he does, big yikes.

He looked really pale in his interview. You could tell he wasn’t right.

Desir indicates to Zack keefer early in the week he would play so we will see.

19 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

dont think so, played 12, 13, 14 games his last 3 years.  didnt seem to play as a freshman 

If Desir can go I think we will be ok with Taylor in for Moore. Hopefully Desir is just questionable and not doubtful.

I like Shakial although I'm not as certain of his ability to cover Coutee like I would be with Kenny Moore.

• Like 1

Yeah, Taylor had a good debut but I'm thinking he'll have his hands plenty full against Texans WR's. He's a pretty physical guy too, could see some untimely penalties/PI's.

And that's now what, 12+ games missed for Tyquan in two years? Not great.

• Like 1

Desir will be a game time decision. Malik hooker will most likely be listed as doubtful. The important one here is Desir. If he can’t go with Moore being out to it limits the looks. We have Leonard back to spy Watson so that should help with Moore being out. Reich says he thinks we have enough bodies without calling any one up.

If Desir goes it might actually be Wilson in the slot. I think he is listed behind Moore on the depth chart.