Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Malik Hooker practicing in pads today and other key health updates


zibby43

Recommended Posts

I am shocked that Desir and Moore went back into that KC game and still can’t practice after having a bye week. Hopefully this just means they are getting more treatment instead of practicing. Desir would be huge if he can’t go against Hopkins. We would miss Kenny blitzing. That would mean we would be down to rock and Wilson with Taylor playing the slot. If they don’t play that greatly reduces the chances of winning with the Texans weapons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am shocked that Desir and Moore went back into that KC game and still can’t practice after having a bye week. Hopefully this just means they are getting more treatment instead of practicing. Desir would be huge if he can’t go against Hopkins. We would miss Kenny blitzing. That would mean we would be down to rock and Wilson with Taylor playing the slot. If they don’t play that greatly reduces the chances of winning with the Texans weapons.

 

Friday will be the key practice to watch, for sure.  Think they're probably just getting maximum rest. 

 

I agree that no Desir and no Moore would be bad news. 

 

On the flip side, if Hooker can play, that is tremendous news.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

 

Friday will be the key practice to watch, for sure.  Think they're probably just getting maximum rest. 

 

I agree that no Desir and no Moore would be bad news. 

 

On the flip side, if Hooker can play, that is tremendous news.

I think I Moore will go. He looked pretty upbeat and laughing on walkers Ig and his lockeroom interview earlier in the week. Desir I think is the one I am most concerned with not playing. He has been playing on that bad hamstring rather then sitting out a game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HeSoColt said:

Goodness... Pierre and Kenny are two HUGE ones. I wouldnt worry too much with Houston and Ebron.

Houston did his usual Thursday locker room interview. It seemed he will be ok. I think this would of been a typical rest day anyway. Ebron was just sick. If Moore and desir don’t go our corners are Rock, Wilson, Tell and Taylor. That could be ugly against Watson and those weapons. Hopefully they are just maximizing rest. I think Desir might have a bigger chance of not playing then Moore. He has been playing on that hamstring a few games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When Moore and Desir went out that KC game Reich said if they couldn’t go back in we would of had to play a very basic vanilla defense. If we have to do that Sunday we could be in trouble. We confused Watson last year. We haven’t seen a corner signed or called up yet so hopefully that is a good sign they are playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Houston missed practice today with a calf. 

 

 

He will play.

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Houston did his usual Thursday locker room interview. It seemed he will be ok. I think this would of been a typical rest day anyway. Ebron was just sick. If Moore and desir don’t go our corners are Rock, Wilson, Tell and Taylor. That could be ugly against Watson and those weapons. Hopefully they are just maximizing rest. I think Desir might have a bigger chance of not playing then Moore. He has been playing on that hamstring a few games.

Desir isn't as good as last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He will play.

Desir isn't as good as last year.

Whether Desir is as good as last year or not, he's still one of our best options. IMO, we need Houston, Hooker, Desir, Kenny, and maybe even Geathers to beat Houston. We can't afford to be thin, our deep secondary allows us to be more dynamic and makes it a lot harder for BOB and Watson to figure us out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He will play.

Desir isn't as good as last year.

 

That bad hammy has to be bothering him.  He has definitely regressed.  PFF season grade currently sitting at a woeful 52.7.

 

Moore hasn't been as strong either, grading out at a 64.2.

 

Wilson: 43.1 (yikes)

Ya-Sin: 61.5

 

Overall, it's been a rough year for the CBs.

 

2 of the safeties, on the other hand, have been quite good.

 

Willis: 70.8 (good)

Hooker: 76.1 (good)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Whether Desir is as good as last year or not, he's still one of our best options. IMO, we need Houston, Hooker, Desir, Kenny, and maybe even Geathers to beat Houston. We can't afford to be thin, our deep secondary allows us to be more dynamic and makes it a lot harder for BOB and Watson to figure us out. 

This is right on point. If for some reason they can’t play we are going to have to go with a very vanilla and basic scheme. Won’t be able to confuse Watson either. Losing our two starting corners in this game would be bigger then not having our safeties against KC.  Especially with the Texans offense. They spread the ball around a lot. Having Desir out means Wilson plays on the outside which limits packages and looks. If Moore can’t go we have another rookie in Taylor in the slot. So Eberflus would keep it simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Houston, Eric Ebron added to Colts injury report

 

Quote

 

The Colts had a couple of new names on their injury report on Thursday.

Defensive end Justin Houston did not practice because of a calf injury and tight end Eric Ebron sat out because of an illness...

 

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/justin-houston-eric-ebron-added-to-colts-injury-report/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zibby43 said:

 

That bad hammy has to be bothering him.  He has definitely regressed.  PFF season grade currently sitting at a woeful 52.7.

 

Moore hasn't been as strong either, grading out at a 64.2.

 

Wilson: 43.1 (yikes)

Ya-Sin: 61.5

 

Overall, it's been a rough year for the CBs.

 

2 of the safeties, on the other hand, have been quite good.

 

Willis: 70.8 (good)

Hooker: 76.1 (good)

 

 

All those numbers go up if we just stop giving the other teams QB 20 seconds to throw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

All those numbers go up if we just stop giving the other teams QB 20 seconds to throw.

Sometimes it’s actually the DB that cause the pass rush not to be able to get pressure. If they don’t stay on their assignment and the receiver gets to their spot quicker that gives the pass rush less time to get pressure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Did Campbell have injury issues at OSU?

 

Is it too early to say bye to Lewis lol

Cant say I like OSU a single ounce. Unfortunately they churn out a ton of talent. With that, once they become Colts, I can usually come around to the players. Seems CB is fond of that pipeline but our guys are injured an awful lot. Maybe stop drafting OSU players? It just seems hard to trust them to stay on the field. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, zibby43 said:

 

That bad hammy has to be bothering him.  He has definitely regressed.  PFF season grade currently sitting at a woeful 52.7.

 

Moore hasn't been as strong either, grading out at a 64.2.

 

Wilson: 43.1 (yikes)

Ya-Sin: 61.5

 

Overall, it's been a rough year for the CBs.

 

2 of the safeties, on the other hand, have been quite good.

 

Willis: 70.8 (good)

Hooker: 76.1 (good)

 

 

wilson probably should not be used as an outside corner.  hes like a safety that plays man coverage on certain guys 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sigh. Biggest game if the year. Nelson isn’t practicing either. He looked ill in his Locker room interview yesterday.

 

 


Couldn't find the Nelson tweet anywhere. Hopefully he gets better and plays but if not or if he's not 100% when he does, big yikes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:


Couldn't find the Nelson tweet anywhere. Hopefully he gets better and plays but if not or if he's not 100% when he does, big yikes.

He looked really pale in his interview. You could tell he wasn’t right.

Desir indicates to Zack keefer early in the week he would play so we will see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Desir will be a game time decision. Malik hooker will most likely be listed as doubtful. The important one here is Desir. If he can’t go with Moore being out to it limits the looks. We have Leonard back to spy Watson so that should help with Moore being out. Reich says he thinks we have enough bodies without calling any one up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Exactly right, play action from under center also lends itself to taking the big shots.  We're way too shotgun heavy for a team that wants to lean on the run game and set up play action.  That's part of the reason we're not getting the deep ball as much as we like.  Some people think that we need faster receivers, that's not the issue. It's two fold, it's what Rivers wants (shotgun) so we cater to it because he's the qb and he's so slow afoot by the time he hits his drop in play action the short route windows have already expired, meaning crossers and slants have entered the coverage zone, too slow.     Right now the totality of this offense is driven by one guy, I've said from week one, this team will go as far as Philip can take it.  What offenses fail to realize is zone read is totally pointless if the QB is neve going to keep it.  That makes it easier for the defense to read and react as well.  So not only is it easier for Philip to read a defense but its also easier for the defense to read Philip.    I'll close by saying, I never wanted Rivers here but now that he is, I do like him personally, and he can still be wildly effective when protected.  That scenario will only take us so far.  I have a strong suspicion who our QB may be for 2021 but I'm going to sit on that for a bit...
    • No idea you are a woman, always thought you were a guy. Learned something today on the forum!
    • so the only Colt impacted is Nelson?   So do I have this right - now teams could release a 5th year option player after year 4 and not be on the hook for the contract unless he got hurt in in that 4th year?   If that is right, seems a minimal impact rule to me.  
    • Using Mahomes as an example is kinda an exercise in futility.  Of course you trade multiple picks for the best QB in the game.  I would give up 3 first round and two 2nds for Mahomes and a third any day of the week. That trade is the exception and not the rule.  The real expectation level should be set at what should we do for a QB like Matt Ryan, D Watson or Matt Stafford.  All three are good solid QBs but not in the conversation as the best.  This is most likely the ceiling of whatever QB we would get.  You can build teams around them and compete in the playoffs but if you miss on other parts of the roster it can make you miss the playoffs.     I would not trade more than two first round picks to move up for a QB of this caliber.  They aren’t good enough to overcome multiple deficiencies on a team.  They are good enough to take an average team and put them in the playoffs tho.  Combine that with a good coaching staff and you have a shot at making a run in the playoffs.  This team has upcoming needs at premium positions: Tackle, DE and corner and we need the draft picks to get replacements to start grooming. Kinda in no mans land right now so something will have to be sacrificed unless we get lucky.  This decision will make or break Ballards career and I’m sure he knows this.  I appreciate his willingness to be patient and search for the right guy.  I hope it pays off and he finds him.  
    • Seriously - who is going to be giving up a 2nd round pick for “an injured tight end on a big contract?”   I mean if he is out 6-8 weeks as suggested, what good would he do a team this year anyway?  And would he not be able to pass the physical until after the trade deadline has passed?   To me the answer to all these questions lie in Philly as in that is where he finishes the season. 
  • Members

    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 5,463

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • holeymoley99

      holeymoley99 255

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Rally5

      Rally5 712

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 1,188

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • csmopar

      csmopar 10,554

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jskinnz

      jskinnz 5,753

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 1,930

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • crazycolt1

      crazycolt1 13,745

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NannyMcafee

      NannyMcafee 2,087

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jbaron04

      jbaron04 636

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...