Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
CurBeatElite

Mariota to the bench

The Titans named Tannehill their starter this week, which seems to come as a surprise to many.  Just a few years ago, the experts were saying between Watson, Mariota, Luck, and Bortles the AFC South would be one of the most competitive QB Rival divisions in the league for years to come.  With Luck's injury, Bortles never panning out, and Mariota getting sent to the bench in favor of Tannehill, I guess they were wrong.    

IMO, it should just help us get wins against TEN, though... 

https://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/28775/why-did-titans-qb-marcus-mariota-wind-up-on-the-bench

This is Mariota's contract year.  They just announced that they will not be giving him a new contract.  And we already know that Tannehill isn't the answer.

In effect, the Titans just announced that they will be drafting a QB this year.

4 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

This is Mariota's contract year.  They just announced that they will not be giving him a new contract.  And we already know that Tannehill isn't the answer.

In effect, the Titans just announced that they will be drafting a QB this year.

So they're in tank mode?

2 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

So they're in tank mode?

I don't think so.  They're not selling off the whole farm for draft choices.  I think that they're projected to somewhere around pick 10, which puts them in competition for Jake Fromm.

Wow.  He had a lot of hype and potential coming into the league but it didn’t pan out. I’m sure Titans fans are feeling deja vu (Vince Young) 

34 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I wonder what his market will be like.

Knowing Marcus, everything will be grass fed, non-GMO, and organic

• Haha 2

read something on nfl.com and i agree.  the titans did a bad job developing him, Marcus could/should have been better 

4 OCs in 5 years and none of them really ran a scheme that fits him.  he is a spread/ read option QB, not a pocket passer 

53 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

read something on nfl.com and i agree.  the titans did a bad job developing him, Marcus could/should have been better 

4 OCs in 5 years and none of them really ran a scheme that fits him.  he is a spread/ read option QB, not a pocket passer 

Yep. He was his best outside the pocket. They didn’t build a offense to play to his strengths.

13 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I don't think so.  They're not selling off the whole farm for draft choices.  I think that they're projected to somewhere around pick 10, which puts them in competition for Jake Fromm.

Fromm isn't all that great.

13 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

The Titans named Tannehill their starter this week, which seems to come as a surprise to many.  Just a few years ago, the experts were saying between Watson, Mariota, Luck, and Bortles the AFC South would be one of the most competitive QB Rival divisions in the league for years to come.  With Luck's injury, Bortles never panning out, and Mariota getting sent to the bench in favor of Tannehill, I guess they were wrong.    

IMO, it should just help us get wins against TEN, though... 

https://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/28775/why-did-titans-qb-marcus-mariota-wind-up-on-the-bench

About time. He is trash.

• Thanks 1