Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jalen Ramsey to the Rams - What it means for Colts

Dasteez

Ramsey to the Rams for 2 1sts and a 4th round pick.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/15/jaguars-send-jalen-ramsey-to-rams-for-two-first-round-picks/

The Jags are a far cry from the team that played in the AFC Championship, however in general good news for the AFC South continuing to be ran by the Colts and Texans.  Playing the Jags this year just got easier. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

This year got easier, the next 5 got harder.

Having 2 firsts 2 years in a row would be awesome.  

I suspect those picks acquired will be towardS the end of the first and they have to pick the right players but yes it does increase their chances of improving.  

so many bad teams seem to mess up such opportunities 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I suspect those picks acquired will be towardS the end of the first and they have to pick the right players but yes it does increase their chances of improving.  

As of now, the Rams pick around 19 or so.  Not bad at all for Jax.  Could be scary in the future indeed.  They're still relatively young to begin with.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Rams 1st may only be a few away from the 2nd we got from the Skins.   

Ballard seems to be able to make filet mignon out of a crap sandwich at times.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

As of now, the Rams pick around 19 or so.  Not bad at all for Jax.  Could be scary in the future indeed.  They're still relatively young to begin with.

They have had top 5 draft picks so many times over the last decade but they can't seem to get over the hump. They are a horrible drafting team with so many misses

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Rams 1st may only be a few away from the 2nd we got from the Skins.   

Ballard seems to be able to make filet mignon out of a crap sandwich at times.

Rams have a tough schedule left.  Next year's will probably be around a 17th.  

The Jags are sitting pretty.

• Like 2

Thank God the Colts weren’t going to give up consecutive 1st rounders for this guy! Talented player, but when things go bad, he’s the type to cause dissension.

It’s like going after a woman that looks good but will leave you, when times get tough.

“Sometimes, the best deals you make are the ones you don’t make”. Bravo CB!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

They have had top 5 draft picks so many times over the last decade but they can't seem to get over the hump. They are a horrible drafting team with so many misses

So true.  Bortles was the third overall pick in 2014.  And not only that, they extended him for 3 years $54M in 2018 before releasing him after the following season.

They compounded the mistake they made drafting him so high, even after it became obvious that Bortles was over-drafted.

But (a) draft busts can happen to any team, and (b) past performance isn’t always indicative of future results.

4 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

What are the Rams thinking?! 

giphy.gif

Maybe.  I’m surprised any team would give up two firsts for Ramsey.  He’s good, but not that good.

But, then, the Rams are already pretty stacked.  They’re one of the few teams that could afford that kind of gamble to stiffen up their secondary.

23 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

So true.  Bortles was the third overall pick in 2014.  And not only that, they extended him for 3 years $54M in 2018 before releasing him after the following season.

They compounded the mistake they made drafting him so high, even after it became obvious that Bortles was over-drafted.

But (a) draft busts can happen to any team, and (b) past performance isn’t always indicative of future results.

Their recent 1st round picks haven't been horrible.

Having two 1st round picks the next 2 drafts is a dream for any team.  

image.png.f4a483a3d2ce79f4138241b1f16ad22b.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Maybe.  I’m surprised any team would give up two firsts for Ramsey.  He’s good, but not that good.

But, then, the Rams are already pretty stacked.  They’re one of the few teams that could afford that kind of gamble to stiffen up their secondary.

Ramsey's a headcase and totally not worth that. Rams are nuts.

If I was Mario (the owner of Jags) I would've made that trade too. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Myles said:

Rams have a tough schedule left.  Next year's will probably be around a 17th.  

The Jags are sitting pretty.

Are they? They lost arguably the best CB in le league.   And although they got the picks, replacing that player will be difficult.

Ramsey is a stud, pro-bowl CB. There are no guarantees that their picks will even be starters.

Time will tell how it works out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Are they? They lost arguably the best CB in le league.   And although they got the picks, replacing that player will be difficult.

Ramsey is a stud, pro-bowl CB. There are no guarantees that their picks will even be starters.

Time will tell how it works out.

But they got two 1st rounds and a 4th round pick for a guy who wasn't going to play for them and will demand a record contract.   Would you have been happy if the Colts gave those picks for him?

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

But they got two 1st rounds and a 4th round pick for a guy who wasn't going to play for them and will demand a record contract.   Would you have been happy if the Colts gave those picks for him?

My answer would be 'no'. Because I trust in Ballard's ability to do more with those picks than Ramsey would offer overall. PLUS, I would have rather spent less on Fitz.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, buccolts said:

My answer would be 'no'. Because I trust in Ballard's ability to do more with those picks than Ramsey would offer overall. PLUS, I would have rather spent less on Fitz.

We are on the same page here.   I was really hoping Ballard would trade for Fitz.  The Steelers stole him for only a 1st round pick.

• Like 2

That’s going to be some atmosphere in a few years with that new state of the art stadium, with the Rams and the Chargers playing there away games, uhm....I mean home games there. 

In 2022, LA Rams play LA Chargers. Guess the stadium will be empty without any visiting team fans. 

32 minutes ago, Myles said:

No, but would u take 2 for Big Q?  I understand hes not happy, but that could be fixed.  

Im just saying, the picks may or may not pan out.  Most dont live up to expectations it seems. And i would take the bet none of them will have the talent level of Ramsey.

Rams were desperate trying to win a SB now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5519153

Lol, do you know who "The Rock" is? 

To be fair...

giphy.gif

To be fair, jabroni is a term that pre-dates The Rock. It was a term coined decades back when the use of carny speak was still dominant in the world of professional wrestling. 

It’s a term used to describe a jobber: someone who’s only purpose is to lose to, and make others look good, and not gain any kind of popularity or momentum of their own. 

The Rock just started using the old term in the 90s because it had been replaced almost entirely by the term jobber instead. 

And that concludes today’s lesson in pro wrestling. Tomorrow’s lesson will be about the art of cheap heat, and we will round out the week with a history lesson on the time the 80 year old Mae Young gave Bob Holly the business for not wanting to clothesline her as hard as he could. haha

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Oh.  I guess I don't know him that well.......

So, did he ever reveal what a Jabroni is?

Sounds like some sort of meat head.

Go follow the Twitter feed of the Iron Sheik (you’re welcome, in advance).  It’s hilarious.

Jabroni is among his favorite words.  Most of the rest of his favorite words are vulgarities.  I have no idea what jabroni means, other than it’s an insult.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

200.gif

You got it. He used to call everyone Jabroni back in the day 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Oh.  I guess I don't know him that well.......

So, did he ever reveal what a Jabroni is?

Sounds like some sort of meat head.

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/jabroni

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/jabroni

:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Their recent 1st round picks haven't been horrible.

Having two 1st round picks the next 2 drafts is a dream for any team.  

image.png.f4a483a3d2ce79f4138241b1f16ad22b.png

If I was a Jags fan, drafting Fournette ahead of Mahomes or Watson (when Bortles was your starting qb) would drive me insane. 

22 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

If I was a Jags fan, drafting Fournette ahead of Mahomes or Watson (when Bortles was your starting qb) would drive me insane. 

in hindsight for sure, before the draft neither of them were seen as a sure thing by most analysts 

a lot of people thought watson was a high risk to bust, PM was put as a late first to second round pick on most boards. draft experts are not gospel by any means, they just saw these two as risky picks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

To be fair...

giphy.gif

To be fair, jabroni is a term that pre-dates The Rock. It was a term coined decades back when the use of carny speak was still dominant in the world of professional wrestling. 

It’s a term used to describe a jobber: someone who’s only purpose is to lose to, and make others look good, and not gain any kind of popularity or momentum of their own. 

The Rock just started using the old term in the 90s because it had been replaced almost entirely by the term jobber instead. 

And that concludes today’s lesson in pro wrestling. Tomorrow’s lesson will be about the art of cheap heat, and we will round out the week with a history lesson on the time the 80 year old Mae Young gave Bob Holly the business for not wanting to clothesline her as hard as he could. haha

Awesome, I did not know jabronj really meant jobber. Thanks!

• Thanks 1