Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Terry McLaurin

People thought I was crazy for wanting him in the middle rounds of the draft because of his underwhelming state at OSU. I watched a ton of tape on him and loved the potential I saw in Terry McLaurin. The Colts selected Parris Campbell in the second round and McLaurin went to the Redskins in the third. I'm not giving up on Campbell and love his upside, but McLaurin is killing it while playing for one of the worst teams in the NFL. The biggest difference between Campbell and McLaurin is health. Campbell continues to miss games due to various injuries while McLaurin has been able to stay on the field and produce for Washington.

Anyone on here really like McLaurin coming out of the draft?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark_Superman said:

People thought I was crazy for wanting him in the middle rounds of the draft because of his underwhelming state at OSU. I watched a ton of tape on him and loved the potential I saw in Terry McLaurin. The Colts selected Parris Campbell in the second round and McLaurin went to the Redskins in the third. I'm not giving up on Campbell and love his upside, but McLaurin is killing it while playing for one of the worst teams in the NFL. The biggest difference between Campbell and McLaurin is health. Campbell continues to miss games due to various injuries while McLaurin has been able to stay on the field and produce for Washington.

Anyone on here really like McLaurin coming out of the draft?

Another difference  is mclaurin  was used as the deep route guy while they used Campbell  for most the short stuff. If we had drafted mclaurin we would have a better deep game than we currently have. 

We go for good on film Ohio State guys...but they all have had a problem staying on the field. But I thought Campbell would great so I can't fault the choice.  Happy for McLaurin though that he is doing well. I was born and raised in Ohio so I always root for OSU guys....i just wish them better health.

I went back to a thread Mclaurin at 26? seems like a lot of posters were on board with him being picked right about where he was...we just didnt pick him!

Way too early to tell obviously, but as an OSU guy, I'm glad he's doing well. He was part of an outstanding receiving corps at OSU, and just didnt get the numbers as others. 

Yeah, I remember groaning at the rumor that we were looking to take McLaurin in the 1st. I would've been fine with taking him where he went, 3rd round, but I liked other WR's more and so far he's proven me very wrong. Picked him up in fantasy on the waiver wire though hah.

That reminds me of another rumor I was really unhappy about, which is that we were looking to draft Banogu much higher than he was projected. Really hope he proves me wrong there.