Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock draft after Week 6 of CFB

SouthernIndianaNDFan

This mock has finally done it, it was inevitable, like Thanos. Joe Burrow mocked #1 overall. This mock has 4 QB's going before the Colts selection at #17 overall...Burrow, Tua, Herbert, and Hurts. The Colts take DT Derrick Brown from Auburn, which I really like actually, the kid is the best Interior Defensive Lineman in this draft class. He's a game wrecker in the middle, not quite Aaron Donald level, but not many are. Anyways, the fact that there weren't any other QBs taken in this mock, leaves Eason and Love available for the Colts at the beginning of Round 2 with the Skins pick. I myself would much rather have one of the 4 above QBs, but we may not be in range without moving up. Will be interesting to see what Ballard and Co decide to do come draft season. Two other non-QB guys I'm looking at in the 1st are Javon Kinlaw for South Carolina, he's another Interior Defensive Lineman, and also Isaiah Simmons from Clemson, he's imo the best LB'er in this class, can literally do it all. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/sikkema-s-2020-nfl-mock-draft-2.0

40 minutes ago, stitches said:

Dammit! You put the idea of doing a mock draft in my head and now I cannot stop. :argh: 

Here's one I did:

MmgQkbG.jpg

That's actually a great mock, if they can land talents like Duvarney and Pittman that late, they'll be winning big time. The class is loaded at WR, so I fully expect Ballard to take advantage. He's mentioned it several times too, which I think was the main reason that Funch was only signed for a year. Like getting Jordan Love there in the 2nd, we're in a great spot to let him sit for a year and get himself acclimated. He needs some work, but he has all of the tools to be a great NFL quarterback. I'm not sold on Gross-Matos, I keep seeing him mocked to the Colts. Just my opinion, but I'd much rather they went with Simmons, Derrick Brown, or Kinlaw if they aren't going QB or WR there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I haven't yet begun to look at 2020 draft prospects, but if Derrick Brown is the best interior defensive lineman and is a game wrecker, would he really last until pick 17?   

That's a fair question, luckily it's gonna be an outstanding year for teams that need QB or WR help (and RBs) because the 2020 class is stocked at those positions. Much like the defensive line talent in last years class pushed other position groups back, it will be that way this year with QB, WR, and RB. I've seen as many as half of the top 12-13 picks being spent on skill position players. Gonna be an interesting draft. 

23: R1P23 DL JAVON KINLAW SOUTH CAROLINA

35: R2P3 QB JORDAN LOVE UTAH STATE

55: R2P23 OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON OREGON

87: R3P23 LB TROY DYE OREGON

129: R4P23 S J.R. REED GEORGIA

166: R5P22 G NICK HARRIS WASHINGTON

201: R6P23 CB ESSANG BASSEY WAKE FOREST

203: R6P25 WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR. USC

236: R7P23 CB KINDLE VILDOR GEORGIA SOUTHERN