Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the texans stop hilton?

Stephen

I don't think they will stop him, but they'll definitely double him. Houston is good vs the run (best we've seen so far), so I'm sure they'll try to make JB throw as much as possible. They aren't great vs the pass, so this should be an opportunity for JB to quiet the doubters. I think 2 of their CBs are banged up too

Their rush D is better than both the Raiders and the Titans. Those two teams kept Mack at 51 and 39 yards.

I'd guess that Reich will install a game plan on O to spread it around, but I'm betting TY still gets his. It's going to be interesting on D for us. They are 4th in rushing yards per game, and 10th in passing yards per game. I think we may get gashed a bit. I don't see us playing man as much as last week.

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I don't think they will stop him, but they'll definitely double him. Houston is good vs the run (best we've seen so far), so I'm sure they'll try to make JB throw as much as possible. They aren't great vs the pass, so this should be an opportunity for JB to quiet the doubters. I think 2 of their CBs are banged up too

Their rush D is better than both the Raiders and the Titans. Those two teams kept Mack at 51 and 39 yards.

I'd guess that Reich will install a game plan on O to spread it around, but I'm betting TY still gets his. It's going to be interesting on D for us. They are 4th in rushing yards per game, and 10th in passing yards per game. I think we may get gashed a bit. I don't see us playing man as much as last week.

I did not realize they were that good at running the ball. With Watson and running that well it could get ugly. Colts just signed another run stuffing DT.  I think their WR are too good to play a lot of man.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

HIlton torched them in the second matchup in 2017. That was the game where he played like he got touched then got up and ran to the end zone. JB had a really good deep pass to him in that game. 

Do you mean the first game? 

In the 2nd Hilton had 14 yards receiving and the longest pass was 9 yards. 

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Ya but they haven't played an o-line that is worth a crap yet. I just hope we don't do what KC did and make Watson look like Montana if we do that we wont win this game.

38 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I did not realize they were that good at running the ball. With Watson and running that well it could get ugly. Colts just signed another run stuffing DT.  I think their WR are too good to play a lot of man.

Ya But anytime we play that Two Deep garbage we get murdered in the passing game and torched with the run as well best they can do is mix it up.

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

Do you mean the first game? 

In the 2nd Hilton had 14 yards receiving and the longest pass was 9 yards. 

Yes.   It was the first Texan's game of 2017.

Gore/ Mack averaged 3 yards per carry on the ground.  No TDs.

Brissett won the game with his arm:   20/30   308 yards   2TDs  0 INTs .

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

We do need more from him but I believe he is second in receiving yards.

Hooker isn’t practicing today but is in cleats working on the side. 

We need to see from Ebron what a Pro Bowl tight end is supposed to be giving.  And we need at least one of the young guys to step up if not both of them.  Cain and Campbell.  I'm expecting at least one of them to break out versus Houston. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

We need to see from Ebron what a Pro Bowl tight end is supposed to be giving.  And we need at least one of the young guys to step up if not both of them.  Cain and Campbell.  I'm expecting at least one of them to break out versus Houston. 

Campbell isn’t practicing again today . Just a hunch that his injury was a sports hernia. That will keep him out until almost the end of the season. We will see if Reich says anything today. Hopefully with the Texans hurting at corner we can get Cain and TY going. We do have to be careful to not get away to much from what has worked. 

1 hour ago, egg said:

Yes.   It was the first Texan's game of 2017.

Gore/ Mack averaged 3 yards per carry on the ground.  No TDs.

Brissett won the game with his arm:   20/30   308 yards   2TDs  0 INTs .

This is true.. what’s also true is 80 of those yards came on a fluke play. 

One other chunk play for 45 yards, it’s not like he went full airing it out to win the game. 

11 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Texans have faced two very garbage defenses in a row they are no contender maybe they win the division maybe they don't regardless they wont go far.

I disagree.   They are pretty solid and have a very good QB.  They may challenge for the 2nd bye week in the playoffs.   They already have the tiebreaker over the Chiefs (so do the Colts).   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

This is true.. what’s also true is 80 of those yards came on a fluke play. 

One other chunk play for 45 yards, it’s not like he went full airing it out to win the game. 

Take away any QBs two longest completions in a game and the stats will look much less impressive. 

• Thanks 1

Historically Hilton has trashed the Texans, I don’t see that stopping this season.

I am, however, curious which Ebron will show up. He’s proven that he can be a very dangerous WR when he catches the damn ball. Jack Doyle is cool but he has no moves. None. Zero. He makes the catch but don’t count on him for any YAC. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, egg said:

Take away any QBs two longest completions in a game and the stats will look much less impressive. 

Very true but even in that case most QBs don’t get nearly a third of their yards from an absolute fluke play. 

Basically, context. Brissett won the game, but I wouldn’t go to say it was with his “arm”. Semantics I know. 

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I disagree.   They are pretty solid and have a very good QB.  They may challenge for the 2nd bye week in the playoffs.   They already have the tiebreaker over the Chiefs (so do the Colts).   

Ya but im not gonna bye into the hype they haven't faced a good to great o-line all year.