Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Stephen

The number 2 seed is up for grabs.

Recommended Posts

With kc loss today the number 2 seed is up for grabs. Will the colts, texans, or raiders CV claim it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to be fun. KC still has some hard games left I think. But now the colts and Houston have the tie breaker over KC. Personally I think Houston is going to win the division. We will see. Bills will be interesting if they can still get that wildcard or they will crash. Defense is good but offense is not. That raiders lost was huge. It still ticks me off we gave a game away to the chargers. We might look back on that as it costing us the division.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suddenly next weekend’s game against the Texans becomes extremely huge. 
 

it’s not going to be easy, Jake Briskett needs to turn it on, take off the training wheels and be a big factor in that game. So far he has been a good game manager and done enough for us to have potentially won each game, but this needs to be a big performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this thread because KC losing today could help us in the long run and we can get that #2. We have to beat Houston though and win the division for it too happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like this thread because KC losing today could help us in the long run and we can get that #2. We have to beat Houston though and win the division for it too happen.

 

1BDBD1D9-4BB2-49A6-8DD5-41047771E39E.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow the chiefs schedule does not look kind. They have a home game against the packers and a game against the Vikings. Both those teams can run the ball. They go to Denver next week which won’t be easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Texans play the raiders at home after they play us. This is going to get interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston looks good.  The Chiefs went out of their way to blow the game, bit the Texans look like a balanced team with a lot of weapons. 
 

If we can’t establish a running game against them it’s going to be a long day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. Nothing’s ever set in stone in the NFL. Three cheers for parity :rock:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Yep. Nothing’s ever set in stone in the NFL. Three cheers for parity :rock:

Huge game next week us vs you guys as usual in another big one haha . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huge game next week us vs you guys as usual in another big one haha . 

HUMONGOUS contest at the Oil Drum next week. I’m looking forward to this. You guys give us the most trouble out of anyone in this division for sure :default_20smile:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Qwiz said:

HUMONGOUS contest at the Oil Drum next week. I’m looking forward to this. You guys give us the most trouble out of anyone in this division for sure :default_20smile:

Yeah Houston has earned my respect over the last few years. Watson is dangerous, I didn't think you guys would beat KC today because they rarely lose 2 in row at home. That was a heck of a win like our's was last week.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Yep. Nothing’s ever set in stone in the NFL. Three cheers for parity :rock:

You mean other than Belichick and the Patriots somehow defying entropy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

You mean other than Belichick and the Patriots somehow defying entropy

The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Don’t forget about the ravens.

Not worried  about the ravens

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just think if we beat the Texans next week we could be in that number two seed. The ravens lost to KC. Depends if the raiders win and Kansas City loses again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston still has NE and Baltimore I believe?

 

So much football left, but I notice Watson seems to be given much more time behind the line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just think if we beat the Texans next week we could be in that number two seed. The ravens lost to KC.

As I have aged I rarely let losses bother me as much or games give me stomach problems. I am already thinking about next weeks game though. That is a huge one!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're going to have to upgrade our roster if we want the inside track, but we are in with a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

We're going to have to upgrade our roster if we want the inside track, but we are in with a chance.

That or we need Cain to be Superman. We also need a DE with Turay out. The good news is we should have funchess back soon which will help some. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacoby has a 3-0 record against the Texans. The two wins with the colts were with Watson injured. He also had a win in NE. I think TY even had big games against them when Jacoby was the QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Jacoby has a 3-0 record against the Texans. The two wins with the colts were with Watson injured. He also had a win in NE. I think TY even had big games against them when Jacoby was the QB.

I hope Joseph plays and guards TY that’s usually who gets burnt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s interesting the way the nfl has turned out. It turns Out the second half of our season is going to be harder then the first half. Carolina is going to be tough. Saints will have Brees back and lots of division games. We thought we got through the tough part already. We have the next five but after that it gets really hard. Turns out teams we thought were good are bad and some mediocre teams like Carolina are turning out pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think it’s interesting the way the nfl has turned out. It turns Out the second half of our season is going to be harder then the first half. Carolina is going to be tough. Saints will have Brees back and lots of division games. We thought we got through the tough part already. We have the next five but after that it gets really hard. Turns out teams we thought were good are bad and some mediocre teams like Carolina are turning out pretty good.

Tampa Bay is confusing. Are we getting Winston that hung 55 on the Rams or the one who throws a lot of picks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Tampa Bay is confusing. Are we getting Winston that hung 55 on the Rams or the one who throws a lot of picks

I watched most of that this morning. Seems if you get some pressure on him he will fall apart. He doesn’t know when to just get rid of that ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We thought we got through the tough part already.

 

I always figured our last three games would be tough. Saints for obvious reasons, Panthers because I think really highly of CMC and their WR’s, and the Jags are never fun.

 

We were always gonna have to take advantage of the middle portion/home friendly portion of our schedule.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

 

I always figured our last three games would be tough. Saints for obvious reasons, Panthers because I think really highly of CMC and their WR’s, and the Jags are never fun.

 

We were always gonna have to take advantage of the middle portion/home friendly portion of our schedule.

The good news is I don’t think the colts have played their best football yet. If we had turned a couple of those FG into TD at KC that  probably would of been the perfect game. We would of blown out the chiefs. I don’t think we have had a complete game yet where both sides of the ball were good. That chargers game might come back and bite us in the butt. We have to come through the next 5 games at least 4-1. It’s going to tell a lot. The run defense must get better. Carolina  although they run defense  they aren’t great at run defense. Neither are the jags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we don’t come out of this stretch 4-1 it’s bad news because we then have to go down to Houston at the end of it. The Steelers are beating  up the chargers. Wow chargers are bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a great game by TY and JB. This is the game TY acted like he got touched then went in for the score. Hopefully we see this between the two Sunday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im interested to see how we approach this game. We got after Watson, but the line seems better this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Suddenly next weekend’s game against the Texans becomes extremely huge. 
 

it’s not going to be easy, Jake Briskett needs to turn it on, take off the training wheels and be a big factor in that game. So far he has been a good game manager and done enough for us to have potentially won each game, but this needs to be a big performance.

He needs to do to Houston what he did to Atlanta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not read too much into the Colts and the Texans beating the Chiefs.  Against the Colts, the Chiefs were without their #1 and #2 receiver, 2 or 3 of their starting oline, and during the game lost their ILB, probowl DT and someone else.

 

Against the Texans the #1 WR was on a pitch count, still without their #2 WR, still missing 2 starting olineman, probowl DT, staring ILB.

 

I'm not saying the Colts or Texans did not earn their wins, both played good games but we all know if the Colts were that handicapped the Colts fans would be using that as a reason after a loss (don't believe me, look at the threads after the Oakland loss and how many people said, if the Colts had Funchess, Hilton and Leonard the game would have been different)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • they are in the playoff hunt, but not many people think they will win a super bowl.  most of the top teams have really good QBs
    • What I'm getting at, though, is that regardless of his circumstances, it's possible to evaluate a QB on the basis of his performance, abilities, traits, and perceived potential to improve. That's my viewpoint.   Of course, the rougher the circumstances and the greater the number of variables, the more complicated the evaluation becomes. But while the receivers haven't been great, we can still look at JB and see what he does well and what he doesn't do well, we can reach reasonable conclusions about why he excels or struggles in certain areas, and we can project whether he can reasonably improve and become a player worthy of an investment of time and money, and worthy of building around. Sure, it's somewhat complicated, but it's not all that difficult, IMO.   What the Colts do at QB in the offseason will depend, to a large degree, on their evaluation of JB. I am confident that they will not say 'well, JB had a rough set of circumstances, let's wait and see what he does next year.' If they strongly feel that he's good enough to build around, that will affect how seriously they pursue other options at the position. But if they aren't sold on him, I don't think they'll just say 'let's give him another year, let's give him another year.' 
    • It would be wild though if Belichick traded Brady for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd, if a team is willing to pony that up. I wouldn't put anything past Belichick.
    • You didn't watch the game but you know what led to the loss?  Wow, that is pretty amazing.
    • Do you mean like how you, and the rest of the Myles fan club, want to give Myles Turner more time to develop after the 4, roughly average, years he's had? 
  • Members

    • GoColts00

      GoColts00 380

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dodsworth

      dodsworth 1,067

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chloe6124

      Chloe6124 5,816

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 3,089

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 2,496

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nesjan3

      Nesjan3 1,015

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • strt182

      strt182 330

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Barry Sears

      Barry Sears 1,130

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • lollygagger8

      lollygagger8 10,314

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Filmmaker1

      Filmmaker1 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...