Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts almost drafted Champ Bailey in 1999

RockThatBlue

25 minutes ago, MTC said:

Hindsight is always 20/20.

True.  I just have a thing for cornerbacks, and CB was one of my favorites.

In Madden one year I traded Manning away and was able to trade for Champ Bailey and then for Charles Woodson.  Two best CBs in the game that year on the same team.  :rock:

My reasoning was that I can control the QB on offense, so he doesn't have to be that great, but I can't cover all the WRs when I'm on defense, so I want the best DBs to do that for me.  #MaddenLogic  haha

If Edge would have stayed healthy, I think he would have shattered most records in a quick amount of time.

3200 yds running / 1200 yds receiving and 26 TD's his first 2 years. Those are crazy numbers.

Edge was definitely the better pick I think, he was on another level. He really was a physical beast who always came ready to play.

20 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'd have rather had Champ Bailey... 

I'll run away from the mob now. 

Do keep in mind that Bailey went to the Redskins and then held them hostage to trade him once his rookie contract expired.  So trade him they did — to the Broncos for Clinton Portis.  The Broncos also got a 2nd rounder along with Bailey.

Who’s to say he wouldn’t have done us the same way?  Of course, the Skins were already under Snyder’s ownership by then, so maybe Bailey’s refusals were understandable.

32 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Do keep in mind that Bailey went to the Redskins and then held them hostage to trade him once his rookie contract expired.  So trade him they did — to the Broncos for Clinton Portis.  The Broncos also got a 2nd rounder along with Bailey.

Who’s to say he wouldn’t have done us the same way?  Of course, the Skins were already under Snyder’s ownership by then, so maybe Bailey’s refusals were understandable.

I think it says more about the Redskins then it does about Champ Bailey.