Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Now Some Colts Fan Hate Pm?

I am amazed at some people. I keep reading things like:

"If he goes to Tennessee I'll know his tears in the Presser were fake", "Reggie is a real Colt he came back and didn't go to Ten, he took a house discount... (compared to Manning who is considering Ten)", I will boo PM if he comes to town playing for Ten, He said he was a Colt for life, now he is considering a contract for life with a division rival, what an a hole. I'll never forgive him, treason was thrown out there in a tweet

People: WE RAN HIM OUT OF TOWN, we treated it like a business matter, we had a choice and we made it, period. He owes us and the enitre organization absolutely nothing. He risked hjs life, playing for three years with an injured vertebra, he got involved in the community, he built a hospital, he hosted charity events, he played his butt off for your city and your team and yes, our owner too. We fired him, and now he has every single right to go to whatever place values him the most both as a player and as a person.

This is business right? well, why is it all right for the franchise to tell him: bye, we'll take Luck, but hope you'll be a Colt for the rest of your life! thank you, here is a kick in your butt and have fun, we wish you the best. but it is wrong of him to say, well, this is business I am going to the Titans since they seem to want me there forever.

This team is not the victim and anybody who boos PM is not a Colts fan either, he made this team, he made this forums for god's sake! And if he wants to go out there and play QB for the Afghanistan national team, I will never root againist him.

rant off

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always going to be people out there like that unfortunately. I personally don't care where he goes. I just want him back healthy and playing again like he wants to. If that's for Tenn and we have to face them twice a year, than so be it. I would still rather him go to a team that has SB caliber potential though. There are always going to be haters out there for every single possible scenario.

"If he goes to Tennessee I'll know his tears in the Presser were fake", "Reggie is a real Colt he came back and didn't go to Ten, he took a house discount... (compared to Manning who is considering Ten)", I will boo PM if he comes to town playing for Ten, He said he was a Colt for life, now he is considering a contract for life with a division rival, what an a hole. I'll never forgive him, treason was thrown out there in a tweet

People: WE RAN HIM OUT OF TOWN, we treated it like a business matter, we had a choice and we made it, period. He owes us and the enitre organization absolutely nothing. He risked hjs life, playing for three years with an injured vertebra, he got involved in the community, he built a hospital, he hosted charity events, he played his butt off for your city and your team and yes, our owner too. We fired him, and now he has every single right to go to whatever place values him the most both as a player and as a person.

This is business right? well, why is it all right for the franchise to tell him: bye, we'll take Luck, but hope you'll be a Colt for the rest of your life! thank you, here is a kick in your butt and have fun, we wish you the best. but it is wrong of him to say, well, this is business I am going to the Titans since they seem to want me there forever.

This team is not the victim and anybody who boos PM is not a Colts fan either, he made this team, he made this forums for god's sake! And if he wants to go out there and play QB for the Afghanistan national team, I will never root againist him.

rant off

I totally understand where you are coming from.

One cant say it is a business decision to let him go and turn around and expect him not to make a business decision for himself. One cannot say we dont care what he does once he is not a Colt and turn around and say we dont care, except when it comes to him playing for the Titans. :)

If we are at peace with the decision to let him go, let us not contradict ourselves and disturb our own peace that we thought we had.

Peyton is and has always been very concerned about his public image and legacy. Going to a team that is clearly not ready to win now would certainly damage that legacy especially here in Indy. He only has a few years left in the league and it was expected that he would wind up in somewhere like Denver where the team is good enough now to win. If he goes to Tenn he should be cheered initially as a thank you but beyond that yes he should be booed. He would then be the enemy and anyone cheering him as he carves up the Colts is not a Colt fan but a Manning fan. Which is fine but you have to realize the difference between a Manning fan and a Colt fan.

I hope, I hope, I HOPE he goes to Tennessee!! Then I can watch him beat Irsay TWICE a year, and I can even drive down to see him play there if I want.

While you root for Peyton and the Titans to beat the Colts, I will root for the Colts to beat Peyton and the Titans.

rant off

Im a COLTS fan 1st if he plays against us like any other player i will root against him.

First I'm a colts fan. I have players that I like more than others. Peyton manning wasn't my fav colt but he was one of them. It's a sport it's all about winning. Once a player leaves the colts I wish him the best unless he goes to a divisional opponent. why would I root for a player on a team that the colts play twice a year and have to be better then to guarantee a spot in the playoffs. I won't hate pm if he goes to the titans or wish him any harm but I will root for the titans to lose every single game, that's sports. This isn't anything personal I respect what he has done for the colts but the show must go on. So if you guys want to cheer on the titans go right ahead but I won't.

I've seen some ridiculous and foolish comments and ill wishes about Manning, here, twitter, facebook, elsewhere that are really sad and stupid.

Those that want to view him in a negative light, well that is their free will.

Just keep one thing in mind. Bob Irsay brought the Colts to Indianapolis. Peyton Manning prevented them leaving.

There are plenty of other teams that give him a better shot to get another SB and hopefully another SB ring. Tenn is not one of them. As I said last night, if he goes there, he is repeating what Farve basicially did. He would be just following in Farve's shadow. He will not win a SB with Tenn. I am sorry. I don't see it.

It would be one thing if other teams didn't want him and Tenn was his only option. He has to know, it will upset a lot of fans, he claimed to care about. I do believe he cares.

I will also say, just because he goes to Tenn, doesn't mean he will beat us twice a year.

I hope, I hope, I HOPE he goes to Tennessee!! Then I can watch him beat Irsay TWICE a year, and I can even drive down to see him play there if I want.

I think the titans have a fan forum. Why be on a forum if you aren't a fan of the team.

In the Presser Peyton said he was leaving the colts not the city of Indianapolis. So to me that means he is still living here, Right? If he is still going to live here then why would he live in a town that is the rival to the team he is currently playing for, you know. Who would do that.

I know its just as easy for him to relocate and with him relocating that would most certainly cut off all ties he has to indy, and that would hurt

rant off

I see what you're saying, but I think it's coming off all wrong. There is no requirement to be a Colts fan. They don't have to unconditionally boo or cheer Peyton Manning. Personally, I think it's as disrespectful to try and claim those who don't feel as you do are not fans as it is to boo Peyton Manning.

And he didn't build a hospital. They renamed a long existing one.

But also how would you feel seeing Freeney, Mathis, Redding, Angerer or some giant 330+ lb nose tackle absolutely obliterate Manning with some sacks as well?? I don't think you would want to see that.

There's always going to be people out there like that unfortunately. I personally don't care where he goes. I just want him back healthy and playing again like he wants to. If that's for Tenn and we have to face them twice a year, than so be it. I would still rather him go to a team that has SB caliber potential though. There are always going to be haters out there for every single possible scenario.

Tennessee barely missed the playoffs with terrible QB play, the worst season of CJ's career, and an injured Britt. I think those guys at full-tilt, along with the FA's they are supposedly bringing in, gives them a good shot with Manning at the helm.

I totally understand where you are coming from.

One cant say it is a business decision to let him go and turn around and expect him not to make a business decision for himself. One cannot say we dont care what he does once he is not a Colt and turn around and say we dont care, except when it comes to him playing for the Titans. :)

If we are at peace with the decision to let him go, let us not contradict ourselves and disturb our own peace that we thought we had.

Very well said.

Peyton is and has always been very concerned about his public image and legacy. Going to a team that is clearly not ready to win now would certainly damage that legacy especially here in Indy. He only has a few years left in the league and it was expected that he would wind up in somewhere like Denver where the team is good enough now to win. If he goes to Tenn he should be cheered initially as a thank you but beyond that yes he should be booed. He would then be the enemy and anyone cheering him as he carves up the Colts is not a Colt fan but a Manning fan. Which is fine but you have to realize the difference between a Manning fan and a Colt fan.

Or it's because he just wants to play. Also, it's not possible to be both a Colts fan and a Manning fan? It's only one or the other? I mean, this team would be in LA without him, after all. There would be no Lombardi to reflect upon without him, or AFC Championship banners, or countless AFC South Champion flags.

The only media reports out there (though they are 50/50 at best) say that Manning wanted to come back, but Irsay nixed it a few days before the press conference was held. Irsay said the decision would be Peyton's, but then turned around and declared the end of the Manning Era in Indianapolis. He made that decision. He admitted to making that decision. If Manning carves up the Colts playing for another team, I will cheer him on. That doesn't mean I won't cheer for the Colts "rebuilding" mode to be short-lived as well.

And I'm sick of people saying Irsay just kicked him out of Indy. Only a few people know actually what happened and they aren't on this forum. Pm might of said hey you guys want to rebuild and get a lot of new/young players in here but I only have a few years left so let's just go our seperate ways. Nobody on here knows what was said.

Doogan u say if pm is lighting the colts up u will cheer him on??? But ur a colts fan first?? This makes no sense to me at all? Maybe I'm not understanding what your trying to say here.

Goodness, I'm not going to hate him. I'm just not going to root for him like I would if he went outside the division. He's free to go where ever he wants obviously, but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to cheer for him.

When we play him, he'll get the same treatment I'd give every other QB, which is that I hope he gets sacked every play.

Not to mention he wasn't really a martyr. Every player risk their lives on the field. Peyton Manning was highly compensated.

I agree that he WAS the team and was the very reason this team was anything. He's likely the only reason the Colts are still in Indy, sure. I've never forget that and will always have the utmost respect for him. He's likely the greatest of all time, and at least in that debate. But he didn't play for free or just because he loved Indy. No one does. I understand that, he understands that, everyone understands that. He was paid very well and didn't sacrifice his body for nothing. We've always treated Peyton Manning like a business matter, and he's always treated the game like a business to make money in. Like every great leader and worker, he loved what he did. He loves his job. He loves the game of football. But that doesn't make it any less a business, even for him.

Good point they did go 9-7, he very well could push them over the top.

Like Asomugha, Brown and Young put the Eagles over the top as pre-season champs last year. Somehow, despite all logic, free agent additions seldon provide the expected results, and off-season champs seldon hoist the Lombardi.

Very unlikely you get 2 playoff teams from this division. With other divisions having a better shot with 2 teams.

Pittsburgh, Baltimore

Chargers, Broncos

Pats, Jets

Houston

Broncos might be a stretch and maybe the Jets. However, you are talking about great defenses there. If they get Okay quarterback play they are def. in the hunt for a playoff spot.

I think the broncos are the best chance he will get. Tenn. went 9-7 last year but they did play Jax twice and us twice. Also our schedule was not too daunting last year.

Something similar could be said about the Patriots IIRC and they went to the Super Bowl.

2 wins vs. teams over .500 is still far greater than 2 wins.

True. Still I personal don't think they are better pick then Denver

Very unlikely you get 2 playoff teams from this division. With other divisions having a better shot with 2 teams.

Pittsburgh, Baltimore

Chargers, Broncos

Pats, Jets

Houston

Broncos might be a stretch and maybe the Jets. However, you are talking about great defenses there. If they get Okay quarterback play they are def. in the hunt for a playoff spot.

I think the broncos are the best chance he will get. Tenn. went 9-7 last year but they did play Jax twice and us twice. Also our schedule was not too daunting last year.

We beat them once and so did Jax

People: WE RAN HIM OUT OF TOWN, we treated it like a business matter, we had a choice and we made it, period.

rant off

In an effort to remain civil, I will take this as your opinion. You stated it as a fact. It is these kind of statements that begin arguments. If it was not meant as your opinion, then I disagree with you emphatically.

We can say hundreds of great things PM has done for this team, city and state, but saying he prevented the team from relocating to LA etc is pure drivel.

So if Manning comes here and 98 and has a Ryan Leaf performance, you don't think the odds of leaving for LA aren't exponentially increased? Good luck with that.

Tennessee barely missed the playoffs with terrible QB play, the worst season of CJ's career, and an injured Britt. I think those guys at full-tilt, along with the FA's they are supposedly bringing in, gives them a good shot with Manning at the helm.

Very well said.

Or it's because he just wants to play. Also, it's not possible to be both a Colts fan and a Manning fan? It's only one or the other? I mean, this team would be in LA without him, after all. There would be no Lombardi to reflect upon without him, or AFC Championship banners, or countless AFC South Champion flags.

The only media reports out there (though they are 50/50 at best) say that Manning wanted to come back, but Irsay nixed it a few days before the press conference was held. Irsay said the decision would be Peyton's, but then turned around and declared the end of the Manning Era in Indianapolis. He made that decision. He admitted to making that decision. If Manning carves up the Colts playing for another team, I will cheer him on. That doesn't mean I won't cheer for the Colts "rebuilding" mode to be short-lived as well.

Well said!