Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Andrew Luck spent the day hanging at the team’s facility

BertJones

28 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Neither is hitching your horseshoe to someone who would want to come back to the team after he quit on you two weeks before the season began with very little explanation as to why. How could you ever trust someone who did that? He could easily leave your team high and dry again. Either you're all in or not when it comes to the NFL. Andrew isn't and that's fine but the Colts need people who want to be there. Jacoby may not be as talented but he's all in and effective at the job for that alone I would take him over Andrew Luck to QB this team.

This game is not only physical its mental too talent only goes so far.

That being said I don't see this scenario happening so its a moot point.

So you think CB would agree to have him back without some form of due dilligence? 

None of us know the real storyline behind his retirement, so I would trust CB and Irsay to make the right decision.

But as you say, it is not going to happen, so moot.

5 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

So you think CB would agree to have him back without some form of due dilligence? 

None of us know the real storyline behind his retirement, so I would trust CB and Irsay to make the right decision.

But as you say, it is not going to happen, so moot.

Its not up to CB its really up to Irsay Jim would take him back no questions asked. I think CB OTOH would be far more hesitant. 

9 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

That's correct. The instant the retirement papers were filed, he became ineligible to play this season no matter what

Do we even know if he filed his retirement papers?  We know Gronk hasn’t, there’s no hurry to do it.  

Even if he did: “To be reinstated, pretty much all Luck would have to do is send a letter to the commissioner declaring his intent to return and wait for the paperwork to process. ”

Not going to happen, but if he wanted to come back there’s nothing stopping him. 

• Like 3

It’s nice to see him around the facility but definitely not coming back this year. Who knows with how he blindsided everyone with his retirement, he may just as well blindside everyone with his return at some point. 

I won’t say I’ll hope for it but I have wishful optimism that we see him play in the NFL again. If not, life goes on and so does this Colts team. :thmup:

On 10/11/2019 at 2:11 AM, braveheartcolt said:

My fantasy is very similar although instead of Luck making a comeback, I am sitting alone at home watching X-Factor, when the doorbell goes, and it's Beyoncé, Katie Perry, Heidi Klum and a few of their friends, asking if they can come in for a game of 'Celebrity Cludeo'. You know, "Natalie Portman, in the Library with a Candlestick.........

'Wake up BHC, your pizza is here........'

I hope Katie perry is there just to make drinks and sandwiches during breaks bc the others are top notch!

6 hours ago, Dasteez said:

It’s nice to see him around the facility but definitely not coming back this year. Who knows with how he blindsided everyone with his retirement, he may just as well blindside everyone with his return at some point. 

I won’t say I’ll hope for it but I have wishful optimism that we see him play in the NFL again. If not, life goes on and so does this Colts team. :thmup:

Just because he blindsided us don't think for a moment that the people in the know were in the dark.

They chose to keep it quiet from us but the rumors at the time suggested Irsay and Ballard at least knew that Luck was seriously considering retirement well before training camp ever began.  They talked him into trying to go through training camp to see if he could convince himself to stay.  Turns out he couldn't.

There's a reason they used camp to groom Brissett as a starter.   They knew WAY before we did

The bottom line is this wasn't nearly as big of a shock to Irsay and Ballard than it was to us.  And therefore not as big a betrayal to them as to us.

Don't kid yourself for a second, if he came out onto that field after the bye and beat Houston, no one would be carrying a grudge.  Well, no one except perhaps Brissett.

What if it was all a setup to get Jacoby on the field this season and raise his trade value or tank

2 things could happen:

He plays like garbage, we draft early, Luck comes back next year and we have more around him, Colts win the Superbowl in 2020

or

He plays very well and Luck comes back next year... We trade Brissett to the Bengals for multiple good picks, Colts win the Superbowl in 2020

#Sarcasm #WellMaybeKindaSerious

I am absolutely certain that if Luck expressed an interest or was invited to put his input to the gameplans with Frank, Nick, JB, Hoyer and Kelly., he would be most welcomed.The guy is super smart and if Robert Mathis can consult why can't Luck do the same. It keeps him engaged and close to all his friends. That is a good thing.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:34 PM, Kyle said:

What if it was all a setup to get Jacoby on the field this season and raise his trade value or tank

2 things could happen:

He plays like garbage, we draft early, Luck comes back next year and we have more around him, Colts win the Superbowl in 2020

or

He plays very well and Luck comes back next year... We trade Brissett to the Bengals for multiple good picks, Colts win the Superbowl in 2020

#Sarcasm #WellMaybeKindaSerious

I seriously doubt that.  

The main problem with that theory is that the Colts with Luck where considered a strong contender for the SB **THIS YEAR**.  

This team would be the most complete team that Luck has ever played on.  

Especially when you consider that you have important vets such as Castanzo and Hilton who likely have less than 5 years left in the NFL it would be ridiculous to carry out such a stunt in the hopes of getting more/better picks from a trade/tank.  

Do you all remember DB Sanders. Everyone loved him. He only played 4 or 5 games a year. He never practiced. He was always hurt. Don't give me talent only goes so far. He was so good, he hurt himself making tackles. I bet Sanders was mentally tough olso.

The packers and a few other clubs let Farve retire several times because he was better than what they had. Luck may or may not play again however, if he wants to, Brisset will swiftly go back to his former position with not a lot to say about it.

7 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

Do you all remember DB Sanders. Everyone loved him. He only played 4 or 5 games a year. He never practiced. He was always hurt. Don't give me talent only goes so far. He was so good, he hurt himself making tackles. I bet Sanders was mentally tough olso.

The packers and a few other clubs let Farve retire several times because he was better than what they had. Luck may or may not play again however, if he wants to, Brisset will swiftly go back to his former position with not a lot to say about it.

When did Favre announce his retirement multiple times for different clubs?

On 10/10/2019 at 3:04 PM, CR91 said:

Looked like someone who's been to hell and back to me

While I agree that Luck went thru a ton of ups & downs since 2012, let's not put Chewbacca on the same plane as the late, great Johnny Cash my friend. I love ya bro, but I can't quite go out on that branch buddy. No harm done. :D

On 10/10/2019 at 2:59 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

image.png

Yeah, but the question is are we talking bout the Rebels vs the Empire kind of Hope or "So, you're telling me there's a chance" Jim Carrey Dumb & Dumber kind of hope? One's realistic/plausible-The other...No chance in hades ice, cold shower. Just Joking! 

On 10/11/2019 at 4:50 AM, WoolMagnet said:

Andrew is realizing a life of honey-do lists, antique shopping, and trips to the grocery store are actually MORE work than rehabbing an injury.

The wife and kid are wearing the guy out!

Andrew be like " Uh Chris, I think i made a HUGE mistake."

Hands down best reply on this page. Bah! Ha! Ha! Jesus, that is hilarious. Take a bow WM. You earned it. :hat:

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 1:11 AM, braveheartcolt said:

My fantasy is very similar although instead of Luck making a comeback, I am sitting alone at home watching X-Factor, when the doorbell goes, and it's Beyoncé, Katie Perry, Heidi Klum and a few of their friends, asking if they can come in for a game of 'Celebrity Cludeo'. You know, "Natalie Portman, in the Library with a Candlestick.........

Wait a minute...I'm a little slow tonight...So, your happy dream is to have famous fetching females come over to your flat & play a board game? Maybe you play a more adventuresome game in Scotland then we do in North America BHC. That must be it. Wink; Wink.

Something got lost in translation here. Only kidding! :thmup:

On 10/10/2019 at 5:51 PM, WoolMagnet said:

Comroddery

Words should be spelled as they sound!

Preach WM; Preach. Na moan ya vs pneumonia.

Fin Nom in all vs phenomenal. 

The list of complicated words to spell is endless. I'm sign that petition. Absolutely right. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 2:11 AM, braveheartcolt said:

Wanna talk fantasy?

Well, back in the day, back before her trips to detox, back before gravity and rockstars wreaked havoc on her body and soul, EVERY guy's fantasy was Heather Locklear..

One typical night out on the prowl with my roomate from college , a familiar looking , hot as heck blonde walked up to us during spring break in Daytona.  She walked up, raised up on her toes and kinda talked into his ear. About this time i noticed a rather large guy who stayed about 10 - 15 feet from her at all times but didnt interact with her.  As i tried to figure out his "deal", iwas interrupted as the blonde bounced off and out of my life.  I looked over at my roomate who has a rather confused look on his face and asked "what did she want?"

He stared off in the distance, and after asking him another 2 times , he finally responded "she asked if i had a room here".

(the club was in a rather large hotel, so you fill in the blanks.

Anyway, he was so shocked/freaked out that he said no.  ( i woulda said yes then sneak out and buy one)

After we both stood there and stared off in the distance for a while thinking what could have been, i noticed he still had his MTV ID around his neck.

You see, it was spring break, he worked for MTV for spring break, and Heather was asking if he (MTV) had a room ( a VIP room) in the hotel.  She should have been a little more specific.

Broke our hearts, but made for a great story.

PS...... I LOVE X-factor. (The english one)

15 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

When did Favre announce his retirement multiple times for different clubs?

His last two years with greenbay, he and nobody else knew if he was done or not. Did not show up until late in camp during preseason. greenbay got tired of the back and forth, so they locked him out. He goes to New york when he decides to play again. I believe he got hurt midway though season. Told everyone who was listening he was done. got the itch again and went to the Vikings, played real well into the playoffs and got banged up pretty good. The end.