Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Andrew Luck spent the day hanging at the team’s facility

BertJones

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Did he mention how his "lower leg" feels?

Probably still sore from all that snow boarding

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Here’s my fantasy scenario:  Week 10 and the Colts are in the hunt for the division.  They’re playing solid D and the running game is strong.  They look like a sure SB contender. 

Then tragedy strikes, Jacoby is injured and out for the year.  

The guys on the team convince Andrew to come back and “manage” the games for them. The team isn’t on his shoulders, but everyone thinks they can win the SB with him steering the ship.

Hey, a guy can dream, right!

That’d be a nightmare. How can you say it’d be a dream for Brissett to be injured

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You go through countless surgeries and hours of rehab and tell me if the money is worth it

I’ve been thru three courteously of Uncle Sam and the Army, yet I’m not a millionaire. If I was playing a game and getting hurt for millions, yeah I can see your point. But half a billion dollars over 3 more years... yeah I’d stuck it out

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Camaraderie.

No offense, just thought you'd want to know.

Anyway, we know Luck has plenty of fuel in the tank, HE knows he has plenty in the tank, if he's hanging around the team it sounds like he's been bit by the football bug and seeing how much time Brissett has in the pocket it wouldn't take much of a push to get him to sign back on.

Comroddery

Words should be spelled as they sound!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Andrew does look like hes in good spirit which is the most important thing

Well said, friend. 

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Nope.  But, it does make the boo-boos manageable.

I think organ rupture fits outside of the category of "boo-boo". 

For the sake of my sanity, I have to assume he’s done, but if  things were right for him to come back (he wants to and we get trade partners for Brissett), I’d do it in a heartbeat. Adding a deadly long passing game to our current team and adding an influx of new talent in the draft, takes this team to new levels. 

I would love to see Andrew being part of the team in the future. No, not as QB. The man said, and looks, like he is done. However, I love our former players being part of the team, be it a coach, a scout, or a liaison. 

I thing this year would be too soon, just from the distraction aspect. 

Love what you brought to this franchise, Andrew. You will always be appreciated by a great deal of Colts fans. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Been through several, thanks to nearly 30 years of service.  Didn't make nearly that much.

Let me start by saying thank you for your service. We all owe you a debt of gratitude. With that being said, we dont know the pain Andrew was going through to judge his "boo boos" as you called them. What I do think is Andrew has other interests outside of football. Just viewing from the outside, id say he enjoys traveling especially to Europe, Soccer, architect, and of course reading. Not saying he doesnt love football, but I think he would rather enjoy his other hobbies without having to worry about his health.

• Like 1

First off I want to say I am glad he looks well and looks to be enjoying his retirement. I also want to say he is still one of my favorite all-time Colts but I did not like the way he retired, it was the timing of it. Here is an interesting question, what if we go on a huge winning streak and JB proves to be a perfect fit for this team, would you guys want Luck back then? I mean we just won at KC with JB. Luck is the better QB, we all know that but if we end up something like 11-5, win the South and win a playoff game it would be a bad Look to kick JB to the curve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Let me start by saying thank you for your service. We all owe you a debt of gratitude. With that being said, we dont know the pain Andrew was going through to judge his "boo boos" as you called them. What I do think is Andrew has other interests outside of football. Just viewing from the outside, id say he enjoys traveling especially to Europe, Soccer, architect, and of course reading. Not saying he doesnt love football, but I think he would rather enjoy his other hobbies without having to worry about his health.

Spot on.  And, thanks to the largess of his former employer- he can do so without a care.

5 hours ago, Flash7 said:

Andrew Luck loves football. It was evident the way he played last year. He was joyful when the Colts won, and joyful even when they lost. He was just happy to be playing football again.

Recently, the pain/rehab process sucked the joy out of football, and he was back to being unable to play football.

But he still loves football, and he loves his (ex)teammates even more so. I read another article that he still watches the Colts games and texts players after each game.

I don't think he comes back to the NFL, but I do think he still wants his teammates, coaches, GM, and ownership to know that he deeply cares for the organization.

BTW, he's looking kinda jacked!!!

EGh_l64WsAAuH74.jpg

I think he might even if its not for the Colts if a team that had a good line and good Offense overall and were contenders all they need is a QB I bet he would jump at that.

Honestly, I would think twice about re-signing him.  Can't chance he might leave again. 

That being said, why still harbor such resentment for someone who has done so much for this team?  Just because he reached a breaking point you don't think you would have reached?  

I'm glad he looks happy. 

• Like 1

This season isn’t about him.  The team has moved on and forging their own identity.  We are now the Colts not “Andrew Luck and the Colts“.  No longer a one man show...this team just upset the team led by the latest one man show.   I hope Luck doesn’t become a distraction and take away from this team’s shine.  He quit and the team needs to be able to continue to move on without him.  They are actually pretty good as they are and the season is in front of them. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

This season isn’t about him.  The team has moved on and forging their own identity.  We are now the Colts not “Andrew Luck and the Colts“.  No longer a one man show...this team just upset the team led by the latest one man show.   I hope Luck doesn’t become a distraction and take away from this team’s shine.  He quit and the team needs to be able to continue to move on without him.  They are actually pretty good as they are and the season is in front of them. 

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Here’s my fantasy scenario:  Week 10 and the Colts are in the hunt for the division.  They’re playing solid D and the running game is strong.  They look like a sure SB contender. 

The guys on the team convince Andrew to come back and “manage” the games for them. The team isn’t on his shoulders, but everyone thinks they can win the SB with him steering the ship.

Wishing for Jacoby to get hurt isn't cool. Jacoby has dreams too and seems like a good dude. Luck is an oddball. He looks perfectly satisfied that he has zero legacy and will only be remembered for how he retired. Manning and the other greats basically had to be dragged away from football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

The only way Luck comes back to football is if his wife gives him the blessing after the baby get settled in & acclimated.  

Agreed. His wife tells him what to do, and Luck agrees, just like his wife told him to retire.

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I dont like how your dreams and fantasies involve JB getting injured. 

• Thanks 1