Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why does Everyone love Tua Tagovailoa

I don't know if this is the right topic to put this in, cause it's not pertaining to the Colts but it's about the draft and scouting.

Anyway, why does every team's fan seem to think Tua is some all tier QB that is a for sure number #1 QB, I mean he will go #1 but not deserved. When I watch all the QB's in the draft it seems he isn't even top 2, I think Fromm and Herbert are the best. Everyone says he has amazing accuracy, but I see a lot of bad and inaccurate passes, where as Herbert and Fromm have shown really good accuracy. Is it because he can move. 

Everyone on the Dolphins forum thinks he is unbelievable as well as the all the sports casters, but if I had the 2 best WRs in College Football I would be great. His o-line is incredible(like always) and his defense is insane(like always). Oregon has one of the best O lines in football but they have no recievers. I mean Tua is good, but he's not some amazing prospect like Luck Elway or Peyton were. When do Alabama QBs ever work out other than Bart Starr. Need to end this, don't have time to finish 

I havn't gotten the time to watch too much film on him but on looking at the team he has around him especially the talent of his wide receivers I do have a strong question mark on him for that.    

Walterfootball lists him as having 3 receivers going in the first 2 days of the draft.  

While his stats are impressive I read that and I have to think that he likely has little to no challenge in finding an open receiver.  He's not going to consistently have 3 receivers with 4 yards of separation in the NFL. 

I haven't watched much film or analysis of him, so I'm not the most informed person on Tua, but I'm very skeptical of any QB coming out of Alabama.  When's the last time a starting QB from Alabama was any good in the NFL?  When's the last time a QB coached by Nick Saban was any good in the NFL?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I haven't watched much film or analysis of him, so I'm not the most informed person on Tua, but I'm very skeptical of any QB coming out of Alabama.  When's the last time a starting QB from Alabama was any good in the NFL?  When's the last time a QB coached by Nick Saban was any good in the NFL?

To be fair from what I can remember none of the QB's coming out of Alabama where ever highly rated players.  Most of them where college game managers who's job was to not screw up while 'bama's OL and RB's ran everyone over.  So it's not like there is a long history of busts there.  Just not a long history of NFL starting QB's period

• Like 2

Fromm just got exposed.  Threw it 51 times.  3 interceptions & only 17 points scored.  Tells me when it's all placed on him, he can't lift a team & put it on his back.  Say what you will about Tua but he throws with tremendous anticipation.  Seems very natural.  He could be the next Russell Wilson. 

On 10/10/2019 at 1:17 PM, CaptainColt12 said:

I don't know if this is the right topic to put this in, cause it's not pertaining to the Colts but it's about the draft and scouting.

Anyway, why does every team's fan seem to think Tua is some all tier QB that is a for sure number #1 QB, I mean he will go #1 but not deserved. When I watch all the QB's in the draft it seems he isn't even top 2, I think Fromm and Herbert are the best. Everyone says he has amazing accuracy, but I see a lot of bad and inaccurate passes, where as Herbert and Fromm have shown really good accuracy. Is it because he can move. 

Everyone on the Dolphins forum thinks he is unbelievable as well as the all the sports casters, but if I had the 2 best WRs in College Football I would be great. His o-line is incredible(like always) and his defense is insane(like always). Oregon has one of the best O lines in football but they have no recievers. I mean Tua is good, but he's not some amazing prospect like Luck Elway or Peyton were. When do Alabama QBs ever work out other than Bart Starr. Need to end this, don't have time to finish 

Mostly, because Tua throws the ball on time and accurately.