Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colin Cowherd on Colts-Chiefs

coltsfeva

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

Mostly that many on here are saying we would beat the Pats without question.   

I don’t see anyone saying that. It is a interesting though. There offensive line is banged up and it’s very clear they miss gronk. The main I agree with is the colts have a nastiness to them that could help them against that team. They aren’t going to be scared of them. The colts right now are playing in a way that travels well also. 

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Out of six wins their opponents have only five wins and 4 of them are from the bills. The bills played great against them so I think they are beatable. Their offense does not look great. That’s schedule is really pathetic. Next week they play the jets lol. It really is unfair how bad that schedule is.

How do you set up a tough schedule for a team in the AFC East that never has to play the patriots?

3 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

How do you set up a tough schedule for a team in the AFC East that never has to play the patriots?

I get it. It just seems even their non division games this year so far have been way to easy. But like noted above they do have some tough games that will test them the second half of the season. The browns have a pretty good defense so that one might be interesting. The jets getting Darnold back this week should make the jets better also.

6 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The Pats?

And they can't play themselves?

Is this a trick question Supe?  You wascally wabbit.  haha

It’s way simpler, actually. I don’t think their schedule matters, they’re the best team in the NFL and it’s pretty obvious. Are there really any other candidates at this point?

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

It’s way simpler, actually. I don’t think their schedule matters, they’re the best team in the NFL and it’s pretty obvious. Are there really any other candidates at this point?

The schedule does matter because there is no way to know how good  they are. They just had a stretch of teams with 5 wins and four of those were the bills. They aren’t even playing mediocre teams. They are playing trash teams. They only scored 9 points against the redskins until middle of the third quarter. 

27 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Fed up with the fawning over the 2019 Pats. The eye test says they are not the best team. About ten teams would be 6 zip vs their opponents right now. 

Brady is finally looking his age. Unfortunately BB can still work his evil magic.

I can make a argument the colts would be 6-0 against that schedule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Fed up with the fawning over the 2019 Pats. The eye test says they are not the best team. About ten teams would be 6 zip vs their opponents right now. 

Brady is finally looking his age. Unfortunately BB can still work his evil magic.

Fawning = acknowledging that the Patriots are a really good team. Got it.

31 minutes ago, Superman said:

Fawning = acknowledging that the Patriots are a really good team. Got it.

Don't be too hard on them.  We're all on a bit of a victory rush right now, and it's a lot easier to imagine us beating superior competition when we've just done it.

There's no real need to  bring these guys down unless we absolutely have to.  After all we've come through what might be the toughest part of our schedule with a winning record.  That takes doing.  Plenty of reasons for fans to be confident right now.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

I see your point.

The Chiefs were probably everyones' pick for the team with the best chance to dethrone the Pats, but with the way the Colts just embarrassed KC in Arrowhead, it's hard to think of a team that the Pats couldn't beat right now.  Ugh, I don't like the turn this thread has taken.  :puke:

Can we go back to talking about the Colts-Chiefs game?  :beg:

After the pats have that hard stretch then we can discuss how good they really are. What I have seen from their offense I think they can be beat by a lot of teams. Get pressure on Brady with that bad oline and run the ball and you have a chance. There is probably 4 or 5 teams in the AFC I could see beating them on any given Sunday.

Here is my take away from this thread. 

My how times have changed from 7 days ago post Raiders loss. 

Regarding the Pats - I’ve seen this movie before. Lose a game or two early in the year, get better and then come January look out. Except this time they have not lost. And is anyone really going to bet against Brady not figuring it out?

I believe the Colts are a good team. Assuming health they have a formula to win games but the season is long and I prefer hot teams at the end of the year. Who knows who will be playing well in 6-8 weeks. 

So for me, I am looking forward to the Houston game in a week. Past that, not worrying about too much of anything else. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Don't be too hard on them.  We're all on a bit of a victory rush right now, and it's a lot easier to imagine us beating superior competition when we've just done it.

There's no real need to  bring these guys down unless we absolutely have to.  After all we've come through what might be the toughest part of our schedule with a winning record.  That takes doing.  Plenty of reasons for fans to be confident right now.

I have no problem with people talking about whether the Colts can beat the Pats. I'm a firm believer in "any given Sunday," within reason. 

I jumped in because I think people are being dismissive of how good the Pats really are. I assume that's a rationalization of some kind.

Just now, Superman said:

I have no problem with people talking about whether the Colts can beat the Pats. I'm a firm believer in "any given Sunday," within reason. 

I jumped in because I think people are being dismissive of how good the Pats really are. I assume that's a rationalization of some kind.

It probably is.  That, and no one wants to give up before the fight even starts.  That said the last team I'd trash talk is the Patriots.  They can and WILL prove you wrong lol

On 10/11/2019 at 11:39 AM, Superman said:

Everyone talking about how the Patriots haven't played anyone yet, please answer this. Who is the best team in the NFL right now?

The 49ers duh (note that is heavy sarcasm, in all seriousness I’d agree it’s the Pats as much as I hate them.)

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Top team in the NFC with GB and NO close behind. That being said, there’s like 6 teams in the NFC that you can make the argument are the best. 

I think the 49rs are tops in the NFC.   They are solid at every position.  

They have 5 1st round picks on the D-line in Bosa, Ford, DeForest Buckner, Arik Armstead, and Solomon Thomas.   

2 hours ago, Myles said:

They have 5 1st round picks on the D-line in Bosa, Ford, DeForest Buckner, Arik Armstead, and Solomon Thomas.   

I've never been impressed with Armstead, and Thomas has been a disappointment so far. But put all those guys together and that DL is nasty. 

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I feel like the Saints will be the best team when Brees gets back. But the NFC west has 3 good teams that are hard to beat. Rams should get back on track with wins the next 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:23 AM, Imgrandojji said:

If Ballard brings Sanu to the team I'll be prepared to say we can hang with anyone except for maybe the patriots

I've always been impressed with Sanu too IGjji. The guy just knows how to consistently get open & he's always had very good hands. I'd be thrilled if our GM landed him. When you're good in Cincy, you'll succeed anywhere man.

He'd look pretty sweet with a :colts:on his helmet too. 

Will it ever happen? Who knows, but it's a nice dream anyway. 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:37 AM, lollygagger8 said:

I agreed with everything up until this point. 

Class is the one thing the pats do not have. 

haha Even though I have never meet you face to face Lolly, I can just picture you saying that with such sarcastic contempt...You know, like when a telemarketer calls you, & you figure let's mess with this s-c-h-m-u-c-k for awhile. Besides, they deserve it & just like Carnegie Hall--Practice makes perfect right? LOL! 

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I've always been impressed with Sanu too IGjji. The guy just knows how to consistently get open & he's always had very good hands. I'd be thrilled if our GM landed him. When you're good in Cincy, you'll succeed anywhere man.

He'd look pretty sweet with a :colts:on his helmet too. 

Will it ever happen? Who knows, but it's a nice dream anyway. 

IGjji.  That's a new one on me :p

• Like 1

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

haha Even though I have never meet you face to face Lolly, I can just picture you saying that with such sarcastic contempt...You know, like when a telemarketer calls you, & you figure let's mess with this s-c-h-m-u-c-k for awhile. Besides, they deserve it & just like Carnegie Hall--Practice makes perfect right? LOL! 

As a former telemarketer, let me just say that the times the customer decides to mess with us can be the highlight of a very dull day of work.  we can't show it on the phone or we get in trouble, but a break from the monotony of script reading and canned answers can be very enjoyable.

A good customer trolling can be break room fodder for days.

Anywho, glad I left.  Rather than being bored to tears and depressed at work, I can now be bored to tears, depressed, broke and unemployed instead.

Ain't life great?

On 10/14/2019 at 1:15 AM, GoColts8818 said:

Which is what you are going to see more and more teams start to do until Jacoby can make them pay for it.  

The funy thing is that the 2 teams making the most obvious attempts to do that were the Falcons and the Raiders -- Jacoby's 2 best throwing games.

• Like 1