Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colin Cowherd on Colts-Chiefs

coltsfeva

13 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

It would take a miracle.  The pats are a veteran team that has decades of experience in the playstyle we're only just now getting acclimated to.  nearly every facet of the game they beat us straight up on experience, and Belichick is one of the few head coaches I don't trust Reich to be able to outmaneuver.

We have a big advantage in OL.  It's the one area I can definitely say we're better than them.  But the Patriots are like 6 deep in quality pass rushers.  It's gonna be war in the trenches between our OL and their DL, and their secondary is second to none right now.  Scoring points on that team is legit tough no matter how you try to do it. 

And the Patriots have a pretty solid rushing attack too, about a match for ours.  Mack is better than Michel, but James White is basically the player Hines hopes to become someday and I'll give Burkhead a large edge over Wilkins, so their depth blows the doors off ours.  And we're not nearly as good at containing the run so far than they are.

As for the passing game I'll be charitable and leave that at "LOL!"

Bottom line, the Patriots completely outclass us.  Never say never, Brady does have the occasional bad day at the office just like anyone else, but the Patriots are a class above even KC IMHO.  That defense is incredible.

Patriots are going back to the Super Bowl.  It’s that simple. They are unbeatable in the AFC this year. 

I don't fear the Pats.  I respect what they can do but I think we've built a team to compete with them. And I assure you that JB will be extra motivated.  Some people talking about what the Hoody will do to JB?  Will it be similar to the way he's dismantled Luck every time we've played them?  I'm not counting JB or this team out against anybody.  I love our chances against anybody because we're built to play 60 minutes of smash mouthed football

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I don't fear the Pats.  I respect what they can do but I think we've built a team to compete with them. And I assure you that JB will be extra motivated.  Some people talking about what the Hoody will do to JB?  Will it be similar to the way he's dismantled Luck every time we've played them?  I'm not counting JB or this team out against anybody.  I love our chances against anybody because we're built to play 60 minutes of smash mouthed football

I don't either. Last time we played them we had half of our roster on IR and still made it a 1 score game in the 2nd half. And that was before the team bought into Reich's scheme too.

I really think we'll face off against them come January. It's gonna be one gritty, ugly defensive game. Just how I like it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Patriots are going back to the Super Bowl.  It’s that simple. They are unbeatable in the AFC this year. 

Their “Achilles heel” is their Oline and disrupting their routes with press coverage.
   I know their starting tackles were out and they lost Wynn for the year, but even if healthy, I think we win some against them in the trenches.

I noticed last night, that the Giants success was related to playing press on the corners.

The Colts have the players on defense to bottle up their receivers. I like the Moore / Edelman matchup. You’re not going to totally take him away but you may be able to limit YAC. You really don’t need a spy for Brady, so that helps.

But the primary hope for Colts fans (should it come down to Colts @ NE) lies in:

The ability of Frank Reich to game plan 

His success against him in Philadelphia 

The Colts run game

Inexperienced players gaining experience 

including Brissett.

Rookies like YaSin, Okereke, Campbell, Cain, Willis and Banogu are gaining experience and providing depth.

Vets like Mo Allie Cox, Quincy Wilson, Kenny Moore, Rigoberto Sanchez, Tyquan Lewis have yet to realize their potential but are all striving to get better and be consistent.

I guess the biggest question mark for me is; Can the Colts develop into an efficient (let’s say top 15) passing team and hit the “chunk” plays when needed? Will we see Jacoby’s passing game mature ?

Right now, it’s only speculation but it would be fitting to play them in the AFCC and see Brady sitting on the sidelines, watching,

“The rivalry is back on”.

CB

• Like 2

In my opinion this Patriots team is very beatable and way more vulnerable then ever before. They have a great defense but their offense is far from special, even with #12. Did you see some of his passes last night? Age is catching. You play press on Edelman and bring the pressure, you will feast on TB all day. Anytime someone got close to him he was crumbling. Little movement in the pocket. 

I think a lot of eyes will open over their next 7 games. They have a stretch where they play the Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans & Chiefs. I could easily see all 5 of those games being losses fro them. 

24 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

In my opinion this Patriots team is very beatable and way more vulnerable then ever before. They have a great defense but their offense is far from special, even with #12. Did you see some of his passes last night? Age is catching. You play press on Edelman and bring the pressure, you will feast on TB all day. Anytime someone got close to him he was crumbling. Little movement in the pocket. 

I think a lot of eyes will open over their next 7 games. They have a stretch where they play the Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans & Chiefs. I could easily see all 5 of those games being losses fro them. 

The most they will lose is 2 games in that stretch. Probably to Eagles and Houston

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Out of six wins their opponents have only five wins and 4 of them are from the bills. The bills played great against them so I think they are beatable. Their offense does not look great. That’s schedule is really pathetic. Next week they play the jets lol. It really is unfair how bad that schedule is.

After the Jets & Browns, they have the hardest part of their schedule:

@Ravens

@Eagles

Host Cowboys 

@Texans

Host Chiefs 

I’d be surprised if they win all of those and I could see them losing a couple of them. And the Browns are no gimme.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Their offense looked like crap tonight.

When your defense and special teams score 14 points, how much do you need from your offense?

The Giants were lucky to score at all, both of their TD plays were flukes.  That was a great throw by Jones to Tate, I wish Brissett could manage throws like that, but the Patriots CB came less than half an inch from knocking it away.  And the strip-6 by Golden was all kinds of fluky.

Daniel Jones is a very good young QB.  Probably better than Brissett if we're all being honest with each other.  certainly a better natural passer.  The Patriots all but shut him down.  If Brissett had a day at the office as bad as Daniel Jones' we'd be furious.

• Like 1

That said, I actually have a bit more hope than I did the other day.  It looks like the Patriots D can be gashed with a well executed run.  The Giants didn't exactly have a good stable of RB and still executed some nice running plays. 

And the Patriots pass blocking is legit bad, we ought to be able to get pressure on Brady.  They're getting very little help from their TE corps and their offensive line is in absolute shambles

I think we have a decent chance to succeed where the Giants failed if it comes down to it.

58 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Lots of Colts blue colored lenses in here.  

I'll admit that we haven't seen them challenged yet, but they are 6-0.   Colts got beat by the Raiders.  

10 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

When your defense and special teams score 14 points, how much do you need from your offense?

The Giants were lucky to score at all, both of their TD plays were flukes.  That was a great throw by Jones to Tate, I wish Brissett could manage throws like that, but the Patriots CB came less than half an inch from knocking it away.  And the strip-6 by Golden was all kinds of fluky.

Daniel Jones is a very good young QB.  Probably better than Brissett if we're all being honest with each other.  certainly a better natural passer.  The Patriots all but shut him down.  If Brissett had a day at the office as bad as Daniel Jones' we'd be furious.

I seen a couple of those throws by Brissett in 2017. Patience.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Lots of Colts blue colored lenses in here.  

I'll admit that we haven't seen them challenged yet, but they are 6-0.   Colts got beat by the Raiders.  

The raiders just beat the Bears They are a pretty good team. The patriots have played no one except the bills and barely won. Take our the bills and their other five opponents have one win combined.

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The raiders just beat the Bears They are a pretty good team. The patriots have played no one except the bills and barely won. Take our the bills and their other five opponents have one win combined.

They (the Raiders) are pretty good and they beat us.  The Bills are pretty good and the Pats beat them. I know their schedule has been pretty easy, but they took care of the NFL teams on their schedule.  The Pats are also on of the reasons their opponents don't have many wins.  

I'm not convinced yet the Bills are any good. Competitive, yes, but good, we'll see.

Interesting how schedules work out. The Bills and Pats play 6 games against teams that are currently WINLESS!

The Ravens schedule after this week is brutal:

Seahawks, Patriots, Bengals(yuck), Texans, Rams, 49ers, Bills

There is no way a wild card comes out of the AC north this year with them playing the NFC west.

43 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

the Patriots CB came less than half an inch from knocking it away.

Every GD time they knocking it away or are an inch from knocking it away! I just really can't believe they are THAT good at covering guys.. There's never a wide open guy. 

I'm sorry I'm just completely done with that Logo on the field and helmets..

9 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I'm not convinced yet the Bills are any good. Competitive, yes, but good, we'll see.

Interesting how schedules work out. The Bills and Pats play 6 games against teams that are currently WINLESS!

The Ravens schedule after this week is brutal:

Seahawks, Patriots, Bengals(yuck), Texans, Rams, 49ers, Bills

There is no way a wild card comes out of the AC north this year with them playing the NFC west.

That is a crazy hard schedule. 

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Stephen holder and Zak keeper said it might be fun for the colts to play NE in the playoffs. They mentioned how the colts have attitude and they aren’t going to be scared to play them like in past years. 

I've never heard of them.   

Colts have to get to the playoffs first.   The Pats are cruising to home field advantage.   

On 10/10/2019 at 10:22 AM, coltsva said:

Patriots should be 8-0 playing total  garbage teams plus Buffalo and Cleveland and whatever they are.  Then they have a stretch of games vs Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs. 

I’ll reserve judgment on their invincibility until after those 5 games.

Yeah, they can only play the team’s they’re scheduled to, but they’ve only played garbage teams (plus Buffalo).  Looked none too dominant vs. Buffalo or NYG, even though they jumped out to a 21-point win against the Giants at the very end.  I think that playing Mia., NYJ, Pitt., and Wash. has been great for their D’s stats.  They’re doing ehat a good team should (mostly) against vastly inferior teams, but there’s no way to know how good they are until they play someone decent...

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Running the ball a lot in general is a misleading stat, because teams run the ball a lot when they have big leads. In other words - they usually get the lead throwing the ball and then run a lot trying to keep the lead and drain the clock. This is what good teams usually do. 

The question is how much you run the ball in game-neutral situation - when you don't lead a lot or don't trail a lot, on first and second down, etc. This to me is somewhat of a worrying stat for us - we run a ton in those situations too. IMO long-term this is not a great mark to aim for and sooner or later we will start suffering the consequences if we continue this trend.