Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Caffrey

Castonzo having his Best Year

Recommended Posts

It looks like Castonzo is continuing his solid play from last year, in fact he is playing even better that last year and is on a roll.  I'm sure having Q. Nelson has a lot do with it and so be it, if it is working, so be it.  He is playing at a Pro-Bowl level, and I think it may have been Collinsworth who said he is the best LT in football, or something to that effect.  Not sure if I would go that far but to have even been mentioned by a pro announcer, he gotta be doing great.  I was harsh on him a few years ago but he has turned it around, late bloomer. With Kelley at center, what a triad on Castonzo, Nelson, and Kelley.  Glowinksi and Smith are no slouches and can take care of business in their own right, no pun intended.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to be cynical.. but it is a contract year :P

 

I'm not so sure he's a late bloomer as such, more as you correctly point out he's now got an All Pro guard to work with, and a half decent center. Not Samson "Head Bob" Satele. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AC has always been pretty good.  But he played along side excrement which makes it seem like he stunk too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a road grader next to you always helps. 

 

Taking nothing away from Castanzo, some have been critical of him on this board, but the dude is a great player, person, and absolutely consistent throughout the many years he's been playing. 

 

Pay the man. 

 

Oh, and I want to see this play happen (especially against NE) again please! 

WelcomeTanHusky-size_restricted.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He also mentioned that he has played with knee pain his entire career. A change of training and nutrition he said has almost made it go away. He said he felt better then when he was a rookie.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling better than when he was a Rookie is definitely in his Agents contract year handbook.
 That said, if he wants to continue playing, his agent will be looking for as much fully Guaranteed loot as he can get. It is business. And he can borrow from our last QB knowing that if he decides after a season he wants to Quit, a nice precedent has been set, he can keep his signing $$$, Irsay is generous that way.
 He IS playing well, but the Beast Nelson is there to alertly protect his inside.
And that was Always a place he has gotten burned. After playing with Mewhort and Vujinovich, i think he knows he hit the Jackpot with Nelson.
 AC has been a warrior from day one, i am happy for him and us.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I don't want to be cynical.. but it is a contract year :P

 

I'm not so sure he's a late bloomer as such, more as you correctly point out he's now got an All Pro guard to work with, and a half decent center. Not Samson "Head Bob" Satele. 

He's always been a good LT and he's now starting to become great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

He's always been a good LT and he's now starting to become great. 

It's all semantics. For me, he has always been great, and this year he is elite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine Ballard will offer a commensurate contract extension for a very good 32 year-old LT with some injury questions...and they will go from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easily the most unappreciated colt. The guy has gone through just as much hell as Luck with all the crap linemen hes had to play with throughout his career

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's very good, and is exceptional this year.  Last time he was in a contract year he also played very well, but then dropped off the next year.  Hope that doesn't happen this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Feeling better than when he was a Rookie is definitely in his Agents contract year handbook.
 That said, if he wants to continue playing, his agent will be looking for as much fully Guaranteed loot as he can get. It is business. And he can borrow from our last QB knowing that if he decides after a season he wants to Quit, a nice precedent has been set, he can keep his signing $$$, Irsay is generous that way.
 He IS playing well, but the Beast Nelson is there to alertly protect his inside.
And that was Always a place he has gotten burned. After playing with Mewhort and Vujinovich, i think he knows he hit the Jackpot with Nelson.
 AC has been a warrior from day one, i am happy for him and us.

What? 

 

You think that because our generation franchise quarterback got to keep his signing bonus that it will now be common practice in the franchise? No offense, but that is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen a seasoned poster on this forum say.

 

You cannot compare the two. Andrew Luck's love for the game was sucked dry by Grigson and Pagano who were hired by Irsay. Due to Irsay ultimately being at fault for what took place, of course he isn't going to go after Luck  for money. 

 

I just cannot see in any way how you could think that this would be the trend for any following contracts. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

What? 

 

You think that because our generation franchise quarterback got to keep his signing bonus that it will now be common practice in the franchise? No offense, but that is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen a seasoned poster on this forum say.

 

You cannot compare the two. Andrew Luck's love for the game was sucked dry by Grigson and Pagano who were hired by Irsay. Due to Irsay ultimately being at fault for what took place, of course he isn't going to go after Luck  for money. 

 

I just cannot see in any way how you could think that this would be the trend for any following contracts. 

Well, the current trend is to let em keep the signing bonus.....so maybe not so ridiculous......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

What? 

 

You think that because our generation franchise quarterback got to keep his signing bonus that it will now be common practice in the franchise? No offense, but that is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen a seasoned poster on this forum say.

 

You cannot compare the two. Andrew Luck's love for the game was sucked dry by Grigson and Pagano who were hired by Irsay. Due to Irsay ultimately being at fault for what took place, of course he isn't going to go after Luck  for money. 

 

I just cannot see in any way how you could think that this would be the trend for any following contracts. 

 

 Just talking about one 30 year old guy Cowboy.
 If our last QB had quit after last season the $18M he got for waiting would still be in Irsay's (the TEAMS Cap Space) pocket. 
 Run Andrew Run. Oops, thud. Nice hit!
 Hang onto the ball Andrew, oops thud. Nice Hit!
 Our last QB would have been an Unrestricted FA if Irsay went after HIS $$$.
 Pretty slick move by our last QB huh? Wise up!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 3:32 AM, SteelCityColt said:

I don't want to be cynical.. but it is a contract year :P

 

I'm not so sure he's a late bloomer as such, more as you correctly point out he's now got an All Pro guard to work with, and a half decent center. Not Samson "Head Bob" Satele. 

Do people ever stop think maybe his play helps big Q as well and it’s not just Big Q helping him?  Don’t get me wrong Big Q is a monster but playing next to a really good left tackle has made him better.  Let’s also not forget the line struggled the first four games last year when AC was out.  His first game back the line become monsters.  I don’t think that’s just a happy accident.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dark_Superman said:

74,56, and 78 are all having their best years.

Didn't we switch OL coaches recently from a disciplinarian to an educational technician?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Question:  If Eberflus was to walk?   Answer:  I'm not sure I would care.
    • I wouldn't be the least bit upset if the entire franchise folded
    • what the organization needs to do is stop making training camp family friendly and bust theses guys *ses and toughen them up. If you cant handle the work, you dont make the 53. no rest days. you can't go, you get cut. In the end, you either have one tough team that knows what is expected of them or no team with no false expectations.
    • i'd love to see their superbowls stripped
    • Crazy strong WR class. There will be some very very good WRs lasting until the 4th and 5th rounds. There are several very goods one I don't even see named.    I'm probably going X regardless of who the QB is. If JB is still here, I'm going bigger X. If a new QB, a faster X, or a fast tweener.   Note: This is a Big Board, so RK is ranking inclusive of all positions, and not projected draft pick. Z or traditional Slot Bolded Blue X or big/bully Slot Bolded Red Tweeners are not bolded or colored     RK  PLAYER  SCHOOL  YEAR  *-RK   HT   WT 3 Jerry Jeudy  Alabama Jr  WR1 6-1 192 9 CeeDee Lamb  Oklahoma  Jr  WR2  6-2  189 12  Henry Ruggs III  Alabama  Jr  WR3  6-0 190 18  Tee Higgins  Clemson  Jr  WR4  6-4  215 21  Laviska Shenault Jr.  Colorado  Jr  WR5  6-2  220 27  Jalen Reagor  TCU  Jr  WR6  5-11  195 33  Justin Jefferson  LSU  Jr  WR7  6-3  192 39  Devonta Smith  Alabama  Jr  WR8  6-1  175 48  Tyler Johnson  Minnesota  Sr  WR9  6-2  205 54  Bryan Edwards  South Carolina  Sr  WR10  6-3  215 59  Tylan Wallace  Oklahoma St.  Jr  WR11  6-0  185 60  Collin Johnson  Texas  Sr  WR12  6-6  220 76  Michael Pittman Jr.  USC  Sr  WR13  6-4  220 86  Nico Collins  Michigan  Jr  WR14  6-4  222 89  Tyler Vaughns  USC  Jr  WR15  6-2  190 90  Brandon Aiyuk  Arizona St.  Sr  WR16  6-1  206 91  Sage Surratt  Wake Forest  Soph  WR17  6-3  215 94  Devin Duvernay  Texas  Sr  WR18  5-11  210 97  Denzel Mims  Baylor  Sr  WR19  6-3  215 98  Chase Claypool  Notre Dame  Sr  WR20  6-5  229
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...