Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Caffrey

Castonzo having his Best Year

It looks like Castonzo is continuing his solid play from last year, in fact he is playing even better that last year and is on a roll.  I'm sure having Q. Nelson has a lot do with it and so be it, if it is working, so be it.  He is playing at a Pro-Bowl level, and I think it may have been Collinsworth who said he is the best LT in football, or something to that effect.  Not sure if I would go that far but to have even been mentioned by a pro announcer, he gotta be doing great.  I was harsh on him a few years ago but he has turned it around, late bloomer. With Kelley at center, what a triad on Castonzo, Nelson, and Kelley.  Glowinksi and Smith are no slouches and can take care of business in their own right, no pun intended.

• Like 1

I don't want to be cynical.. but it is a contract year :P

I'm not so sure he's a late bloomer as such, more as you correctly point out he's now got an All Pro guard to work with, and a half decent center. Not Samson "Head Bob" Satele. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

AC has always been pretty good.  But he played along side excrement which makes it seem like he stunk too.

• Like 2

Having a road grader next to you always helps. 

Taking nothing away from Castanzo, some have been critical of him on this board, but the dude is a great player, person, and absolutely consistent throughout the many years he's been playing. 

Pay the man. 

Oh, and I want to see this play happen (especially against NE) again please! 

WelcomeTanHusky-size_restricted.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He also mentioned that he has played with knee pain his entire career. A change of training and nutrition he said has almost made it go away. He said he felt better then when he was a rookie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feeling better than when he was a Rookie is definitely in his Agents contract year handbook.
 That said, if he wants to continue playing, his agent will be looking for as much fully Guaranteed loot as he can get. It is business. And he can borrow from our last QB knowing that if he decides after a season he wants to Quit, a nice precedent has been set, he can keep his signing $$$, Irsay is generous that way.
 He IS playing well, but the Beast Nelson is there to alertly protect his inside.
And that was Always a place he has gotten burned. After playing with Mewhort and Vujinovich, i think he knows he hit the Jackpot with Nelson.
 AC has been a warrior from day one, i am happy for him and us.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'm not so sure he's a late bloomer as such, more as you correctly point out he's now got an All Pro guard to work with, and a half decent center. Not Samson "Head Bob" Satele. 

He's always been a good LT and he's now starting to become great. 

4 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

He's always been a good LT and he's now starting to become great. 

It's all semantics. For me, he has always been great, and this year he is elite. 

I imagine Ballard will offer a commensurate contract extension for a very good 32 year-old LT with some injury questions...and they will go from there.

Easily the most unappreciated colt. The guy has gone through just as much hell as Luck with all the crap linemen hes had to play with throughout his career

He's very good, and is exceptional this year.  Last time he was in a contract year he also played very well, but then dropped off the next year.  Hope that doesn't happen this time.

6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Feeling better than when he was a Rookie is definitely in his Agents contract year handbook.
 That said, if he wants to continue playing, his agent will be looking for as much fully Guaranteed loot as he can get. It is business. And he can borrow from our last QB knowing that if he decides after a season he wants to Quit, a nice precedent has been set, he can keep his signing $$$, Irsay is generous that way.
 He IS playing well, but the Beast Nelson is there to alertly protect his inside.
And that was Always a place he has gotten burned. After playing with Mewhort and Vujinovich, i think he knows he hit the Jackpot with Nelson.
 AC has been a warrior from day one, i am happy for him and us.

What? 

You think that because our generation franchise quarterback got to keep his signing bonus that it will now be common practice in the franchise? No offense, but that is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen a seasoned poster on this forum say.

You cannot compare the two. Andrew Luck's love for the game was sucked dry by Grigson and Pagano who were hired by Irsay. Due to Irsay ultimately being at fault for what took place, of course he isn't going to go after Luck  for money. 

I just cannot see in any way how you could think that this would be the trend for any following contracts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

What? 

You think that because our generation franchise quarterback got to keep his signing bonus that it will now be common practice in the franchise? No offense, but that is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen a seasoned poster on this forum say.

You cannot compare the two. Andrew Luck's love for the game was sucked dry by Grigson and Pagano who were hired by Irsay. Due to Irsay ultimately being at fault for what took place, of course he isn't going to go after Luck  for money. 

I just cannot see in any way how you could think that this would be the trend for any following contracts. 

Well, the current trend is to let em keep the signing bonus.....so maybe not so ridiculous......

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

What? 

Just talking about one 30 year old guy Cowboy.
 If our last QB had quit after last season the $18M he got for waiting would still be in Irsay's (the TEAMS Cap Space) pocket. 
 Run Andrew Run. Oops, thud. Nice hit!
 Hang onto the ball Andrew, oops thud. Nice Hit!
 Our last QB would have been an Unrestricted FA if Irsay went after HIS $$$.
 Pretty slick move by our last QB huh? Wise up!

• Sad 1

On 10/10/2019 at 3:32 AM, SteelCityColt said:

Do people ever stop think maybe his play helps big Q as well and it’s not just Big Q helping him?  Don’t get me wrong Big Q is a monster but playing next to a really good left tackle has made him better.  Let’s also not forget the line struggled the first four games last year when AC was out.  His first game back the line become monsters.  I don’t think that’s just a happy accident.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Superman said:

74,56, and 78 are all having their best years.

Didn't we switch OL coaches recently from a disciplinarian to an educational technician?