Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans colts early predictions

Stephen

A crowd FULL of those clown masks TY wore last year would be an awesome hand-out to fans attending the game. 

It kinda fits in with Halloween and i bet it would freak the Texans out a little.  I'm aware it might scare young children attending the game, but i feel you are never too young to start doing your part to help the Colts.  

"Man up kiddos! Time to put some big boy pants on."

On 2nd thought, how about BLUE runnin around with one of those masks?  

When he stands behind the goalpost, he could give the kicker the  throat slash gesture.  That'll cause some shanks for sure.  It works much better with the clown mask.

And while i'm on fan relation stuff....

could we PLEASE get that monkey riding the dog in here?  

I LOVE that act!  Nearly pee my pants every time i see it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Brissett is going to need to do more through the air in my opinion. We wont run the ball up and down Houstons back like we did KC. It will be there but hes going to need a better day through the air to go with that.

Completely agree with this. Just posted in another thread but our offense as a whole has been under performing the last couple of games. I know we have injuries but we have to start taking advantage of our chances and putting TDs on the board. 

• Like 1

Crowd will be nice and pumped.

Would be nice to grind them into submission also. 40+ carries until we see white flags on their sideline.. Lol

Just please Eberflus don't resort to that soft terrible zone. 

Let's get that top spot in the division after KC hopefully does what they're supposed to do against them.

Man I'm really thinking of making the trip in for that one. Will be fun.

I think we should mix in some corner blitzes like we did last season against Houston. It worked pretty good. Their oline is bad and will have all hands full with our dline(even though our dline isn't that good) and a blitzing cb could have a nice chance of getting to DW. He's not pretty good at sensing where the pressure is coming from. 

We pressured Watson/kept him in the pocket last year and that was the key to beating them, but we'll see if we can do it again. Autry and Houston looked good against the Chiefs but losing Turay is pretty huge. Houston vs Tunsil will be an interesting one.

As for the offense, echoing what krunk said, I think Brissett will have to do a little more. We'll probably have some success on the ground but Houston's run D has been solid recently.

I think Colts have a slight edge - team will be more rested and prepared. 

Keep in mind - the Texans are playing the Chiefs this Sunday. A lot of game planning and energy will be used towards that game. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

I think we should mix in some corner blitzes like we did last season against Houston. It worked pretty good. Their oline is bad and will have all hands full with our dline(even though our dline isn't that good) and a blitzing cb could have a nice chance of getting to DW. He's not pretty good at sensing where the pressure is coming from. 

This. Kenny’s Moore set a sack record in the playoffs last year in the two games. He did something Mathis and Freeny never did. 

I predict we can and will have to sack Watson at least 6 times!

P.s. is Leonard gonna be okay by then? I saw Josh Allen get laid out against the Patriots for about a minute. And didn't miss a game. Darius showed symptoms after a game, and misses a month? Lol what's the concussion protocol in the NFL?

I don’t have stats... I don’t have past game summaries... I don’t have a list of players on the Texans that we should be afraid of... all I know is my feeling, what I have always felt and what I will always feel: The Colts are the TRUE KINGS of the AFC South and I will ALWAYS predict them to win against anyone in our division!

And so I remain content in my blind prediction happiness!

winning GIF

9 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I predict we can and will have to sack Watson at least 6 times!

P.s. is Leonard gonna be okay by then? I saw Josh Allen get laid out against the Patriots for about a minute. And didn't miss a game. Darius showed symptoms after a game, and misses a month? Lol what's the concussion protocol in the NFL?

Leonard was cleared to play today.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MTC said:

I think Colts have a slight edge - team will be more rested and prepared. 

Keep in mind - the Texans are playing the Chiefs this Sunday. A lot of game planning and energy will be used towards that game. 

So true. League is literally week to week in terms of good/bad matchup or timing of a meeting against a team.

If they curb stomp KC we're allowed to reevaluate our opinions on the forum :)

13 hours ago, IinD said:

Crowd will be nice and pumped.

Would be nice to grind them into submission also. 40+ carries until we see white flags on their sideline.. Lol

Just please Eberflus don't resort to that soft terrible zone. 

Let's get that top spot in the division after KC hopefully does what they're supposed to do against them.

Man I'm really thinking of making the trip in for that one. Will be fun.

Actually I would expect more zone than man against Texans.  They have 2 legit star wrs.  I don't mind zone concepts, but u just have mix it up. Eberflus was just to dependant on it in the 1st few games.  Hopefully we will start to see more diverse play calling.

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Actually I would expect more zone than man against Texans.  They have 2 legit star wrs.  I don't mind zone concepts, but u just have mix it up. Eberflus was just to dependant on it in the 1st few games.  Hopefully we will start to see more diverse play calling.

That was my point mainly.

Hopefully they were playing it easy to start off the season. We at least know they can do it now.

Gonna be fun and interesting. Will be disappointed if we don't see any of that KC type effort and game planning by the coaches.

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the game plan will be the same as the chiefs. The Texans present same problems as the chiefs. They have fuller, Hopkins and stills.  Anyone know how good Houston’s run defense has been. We ran all over them in the playoff game.

They held McCaffrey  to 3.4 yards a carry on 27 carries. 

19 hours ago, krunk said:

Brissett is going to need to do more through the air in my opinion. We wont run the ball up and down Houstons back like we did KC. It will be there but hes going to need a better day through the air to go with that.

This.

So far we've played teams ranked 28th, 14th, 30th and 21st in defensive DVOA. Texans currently sit 11th and are 12th overall for run D. This is going to be the toughest test for the offense thus far I feel. 

Add into the fact they have quite an explosive offense, and this could well turn into a game where we end up in a shoot out against a good D. Could be quite the acid test. 

Side note of interest, DVOA also looks at strength of future schedule (preseason SOS is worthless). When you look at our schedule moving forward based on how teams have actually performed things actually don't look too bad with the 8th "easiest" schedule as of Week 5:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2019/week-5-dvoa-ratings