Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football 2012

Out of all the 1st round rookies drafted... which one would you draft first to be on your FF team?

I am thinking that a player that I have to target in late rounds is Justin Blackmon in Jacksonville.

Richardson will be the first rookie off the board but I'm gonna be targeting Doug Martin in my drafts instead.

I'll admit Richardson will probably have a better year but he'll come at a much higher cost. From early ADP's I've seen Richardson is going in the late third while Doug Martin is going in the 6th and 7th rounds. Doug Martin is going to be playing behind a heluva good offensive line now that they've added Carl Nicks and also newly acquired Vincent Jackson will make sure teams don't stack the box. Plus Schiano was a running coach in college so he'll probably continue that trend in Tampa.

McCoy...but Weeden will take over later in the season...

The Browns are giving Weeden every opportunity to be the starter. I'd say only injury will keep BW from starting week 1.

As far as FF rookies I always draft rookie RB's going to good situations early. I like young legs on running teams. Richardson is a no brainer. Wilson I think will also be big.

Fleener is who I want BAD.... I look for him to be really HUGE starting this season. He is a WR playing TE. He will produce.

And I'm not exited a bit about any of the rookie WR';s.

I regretting not doing Fantasy Football last season. I will not make that mistake again. lol

I can't really say I have to many people I have my eye on though considering I'm probably just going to pick the best player available with a few wildcards in there to try and give me an edge.

• 4 weeks later...

I just did a mock-draft for kicks, I picked second (alternating to bottom second every other round) and this is what I picked (it is a 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE typical mock draft):

1. Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)

2. Roddy White (Atl - WR)

3. Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)

4. Steven Jackson (StL - RB)

5. Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)

6. Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)

7. Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)

8. Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)

9. Willis McGahee (Den - RB)

10. Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)

11. Jacob Tamme (Den - TE)

12. Titus Young (Det - WR)

13. Joseph Addai (NE - RB)

14. Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)

15. Neil Rackers (Was - K)

I just did a mock-draft for kicks, I picked second (alternating to bottom second every other round) and this is what I picked (it is a 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE typical mock draft):

5. Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)

I don't like the Gronkowski pick. Hernandez looks to be much more of a factor this year. I think the guy from New Orleans (who's name is escaping me right now) is a more solid pick. Philadelphia defense is also a wild card.

Most of those picks are ones that I wouldn't have made, but they are still sold picks and a pretty solid team.

I just based on the number of snaps Gronk will see, which will definitely be more than Hernandez. Hernandez may seem to be a bigger factor than what he was last year but the chances for Gronk to put up more FF numbers will still be higher given Gronk's HB capabilities and more snaps. Yes, Jimmy Graham will be a bigger factor but he was chosen a pick before mine :). Knowing the next pick of mine will be 17 picks away in round 4, I could not pass on Gronk at No.22 (you know how it is - 2, 19, 22, 39... in FF drafting). An elite TE, to me is as good as a WR pick.

Philly, the last 4 games that Philly played, they showed the kind of scoring D they can be last year, IMO. But it was a tad too late. I expect less of the dream team wow factor and more of the Miami Heat like "show the talent on the field" kind of turnaround this year with the Eagles' D. The talent has been assembled, the chemistry will surface this year and I strongly believe that.

Addai, Wayne, McGahee - I chose them for all the upside they can have where they were selected. Steven Jackson - it is the Jeff Fisher factor - whether it is Eddie George, CJ2K who played under him etc., I expect numbers from him. Under Jeff Fisher, he will motivate his guys enough to keep games close with a chippy D, he did bring Chuck Cecil with him to the Rams. Under those circumstances, when the game is close, Jeff Fisher will do what he has always done, run enough times.

Are you talking mock draft?

How could one possibly have Brady, Ray Rice, AJ, Roddy White, and Gronk in one team? How many teams were in this mock draft? In most drafts, Brady and Ray Rice are gone by round 1. AJ, Roddy White and Gronk are gone by round 3. Hmmm....

5. Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)

Very solid...

This is the squad I ended up with in another League--I was trying for all rookies, except for Def and K, but someone beat me to Coby Fleener.

Andrew Luck--QB

Robert Griffin III--QB

Justin Blackmon--WR

Michael Floyd--WR

Kendall Wright--WR

Trent Richardson--RB

David Wilson--RB

Isaiah Peade--RB

Dwayne Allen--TE

Mercedes Lewis--TE

Mason Crosby--K

San Francisco--Def

Bench

AJ Jenkins--WR

Michael Egnew--TE

Ryan Tannehill--QB

LaMichael James--RB

Ronnie Hillman--RB

Robbie Gould--K

Pittsburg--Def

• 3 weeks later...

i did three mock drafts and Cam Newton went by the 5th pick in two of them and 2nd pick in 2nd round in the third.... I don't get it.

Vick went that way last season... people read book stat were published in April and think that it is gospel. Why buy a book that was published 3 months before your draft. Find a reputable site and piggy back their info.

• 3 weeks later...