Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Wilson

TimetobringDfence!

I think Quincy has the potential to be outstanding. He is in the right place all the time. He gets some questionable calls against him a lot. If he wouldnturn his head to the ball more it would help his case a lot. I hope he keeps up the good play and puts more effort on the ball before hope is lost on him. We really need him and Desir to step up to be contenders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IinD said:

He's definitely physical enough to battle TE's.

Tonight was probably his best game as a Colt.  Still it seems like you can count on him for some form of PI once a game and he was kinda lucky not to get one at the end of the game.  Yes it would have been questionable but he puts himself in those spots too often.

Still he took away KC’s biggest weapon tonight and he deserves praise for that.

If KC beats you with a second year WR catching perfect throws that no other QB can make you just tip your cap to them.  Wilson taking away Kelce for the most part was huge.

• Like 3

Wilson's biggest issue to date is his consistency.  Tonight he demonstrated he has all the physical tools to be a very good defensive back and his mental game supported those tools.  There were several games last year where he looked outstanding as well.  However, he seems to have some sort of mental lapses which cause him to have other games or moments within games where he looks lost.

I think he's still the youngest player on this team.  Hopefully a game like today boosts his confidence and his consistency improves.  He certainly has potential to be a very good player in this league if he can keep everything together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Wilson's biggest issue to date is his consistency.  Tonight he demonstrated he has all the physical tools to be a very good defensive back and his mental game supported those tools.  There were several games last year where he looked outstanding as well.  However, he seems to have some sort of mental lapses which cause him to have other games or moments within games where he looks lost.

I think he's still the youngest player on this team.  Hopefully a game like today boosts his confidence and his consistency improves.  He certainly has potential to be a very good player in this league if he can keep everything together.

Yeah I remember his rookie year the coaches wouldn’t play him because he wasn’t doing the things needed in practice to get out there and hinted he had a maturity problem.  I think that causes most of his issues.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I remember his rookie year the coaches wouldn’t play him because he wasn’t doing the things needed in practice to get out there and hinted he had a maturity problem.  I think that causes most of his issues.

There was a lot of press last year when we signed Mike Mitchell that Mitchell kind of took Wilson under his wing and showed him how to watch film and prepare/practice like a professional.  I'm not sure if Wilson is slipping up this year without Mitchell or what is going on... to be honest, I don't think he's been having a terrible year (sure, he's got a few PI calls on him, some of which were questionable -- and I don't think he's been spectacular outside of tonight, but I don't think he's be awful either -- mostly, he's just had some lapses in consistency).

Just now, CurBeatElite said:

There was a lot of press last year when we signed Mike Mitchell that Mitchell kind of took Wilson under his wing and showed him how to watch film and prepare/practice like a professional.  I'm not sure if Wilson is slipping up this year without Mitchell or what is going on... to be honest, I don't think he's been having a terrible year (sure, he's got a few PI calls on him, some of which were questionable -- and I don't think he's been spectacular outside of tonight, but I don't think he's be awful either -- mostly, he's just had some lapses in consistency).

I’ve not been impressed by him this year outside of tonight when he was amazing.  The problem I see is that this is his third year in the league and he’s getting to the point where the team needs to be able to count on him to be leader.  Outside of Gathers he’s been here the longest in the secondary.  The time for him to be immature is over.  Hopefully tonight is a sign of things to come.

55 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’ve not been impressed by him this year outside of tonight when he was amazing.  The problem I see is that this is his third year in the league and he’s getting to the point where the team needs to be able to count on him to be leader.  Outside of Gathers he’s been here the longest in the secondary.  The time for him to be immature is over.  Hopefully tonight is a sign of things to come.

He's been in the NFL longer than Ya-Sin, Willis, Milligan, Odum, Shakial Taylor, and Tell III on defense.  He's been in the league the same amount of time as Hooker and Moore II and less than Desir and Geathers.  

With their contract extensions, Desir and Moore II ought to be the leaders of the CB group... and as team Captain, Geathers should be the leader of the S group.  

I agree, it's time we need to start seeing more consistency from Wilson.... but he did come out of college early and age-wise only Shakial is younger than him.  It was clear he struggled with maturity as a rookie... last year, he really stepped up (reportedly because of aide from Mike Mitchell) and this year he seems to have some lapses in concentration or something, but overall I don't think he's been downright awful.  Tonight he was very good, other games he's had his good plays, his bad plays and some plays (PI calls) which were questionable.... Hopefully a game like tonight is what he needed to get confidence up and hopefully he can continue improving after the bye.

At worst, he's a serviceable DB with versatility to play outside, inside, at S, etc... at best, he has games like tonight (potentially better)... I just hope we see him having games like tonight more consistently.... and it should be pointed out that we had 4 sacks TN and had Mahommes making rushed throws all night, we haven't seen that type of pressure the past few weeks.. a solid pass rush from the front 4 does wonders to help the guys in coverage.

Obviously I'm in the minority, but I still think Quincy isn't near as good as you guys do.  

That crazy scramble that Mahomes threw that running TD throw, he was literally blocking nobody. 

He's still grabbing way too much. His best play was when he kept his arms straight down to avoid a penalty. 

He reminds me of Cassius Vaughn. Like he wears a neck brace and can't turn his neck. 

• Like 2

i love how we act as if Rock isn’t flagged just as much this year as wilson both are handsy physical corners.. the biggest issue is they’ve been in zone leaving guys wide open..but when Manned up they are both always contesting (wilson just doesn’t turn sometimes but always in great positions) i love the fact both are willing to TACKLE 

53 minutes ago, DougDew said:

In the first half, Kelce had the ball stripped twice immediately upon catching it, causing incompletions.  I wasn't watching Quincy specifically, but I'm hoping that was him both times.

kelce played like trash lol but he was open anytime we played zone or if the Dline  didn’t Contain Mahomes and he threw those lovely side arm passes lol

Thoughts? KC is quickly becomming analogous to the manning led colts teams post edgerrin James.....

Manning - Mahomes

Kelce - Clark

No name rb - Donald brown

Hill - Harrison

Watkins - Wayne

Clark and Harris? - mathis/freeney

Honey weirdo - bethea

Weak ol - weak ol

Star wars offense no run game - star wars offense no run game

Can only play D with a lead - can only play D with a lead.....

Lots of big reg. Season wins, losing to Pat's in playoffs .... Etc.

All I know is, while I loved those Indy teams..... DAMN am I glad we aren't repeating the formula....

7 minutes ago, will426 said:

i love how we act as if Rock isn’t flagged just as much this year as wilson both are handsy physical corners.. the biggest issue is they’ve been in zone leaving guys wide open..but when Manned up they are both always contesting (wilson just doesn’t turn sometimes but always in great positions) i love the fact both are willing to TACKLE 

O am wondering if our issues playing more man coverage is due to the lbers and somewhat the dl.... Not our dbs

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I liked him a lot coming out of all college but it seem like he's always giving up plays...the TD from Mahomes was in his direction and he literally got caught guarding nobody like a Madden corner

That play by Mahomes was sick. He kept that alive for so long. Not much you can do to defend that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That play by Mahomes was sick. He kept that alive for so long. Not much you can do to defend that.

There were three defenders in the area of his target, lol

Yes it was a sick throw but it should've been intercepted or batted away at the least.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, colt18 said:

I liked him a lot coming out of all college but it seem like he's always giving up plays...the TD from Mahomes was in his direction and he literally got caught guarding nobody like a Madden corner

he came up to try to hit Mahomes, that one wasn't on him.  There were two others closer to the receiver that just didn't get there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

O am wondering if our issues playing more man coverage is due to the lbers and somewhat the dl.... Not our dbs

i hope it’s because they finally realized we have  the talent to play press man coverage and send these speedy linebackers on blitz  idk how to spell his last name but Bobby was Swift on his feet in coverage 

On the TD pass, Mahommes threw the ball towards the front of the endzone, and the receiver was moving towards the LOS.  He was coming back to the ball and moving away from the defenders.  Was a very tough play to defend, and its the type of play that makes Mahommes....and the KC offense....special.