Indianapolis Colts
pacolts56

Official Crow Eating Thread

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Nope, never mentioned him as the answer either. My faith is fully in the 2020 QB class. 

I'm saying that's who CK was in the other post, not Kap.  Nobody said anything about Kap.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Colin Kaepernick? Lol what?

No, Chad Kelly.  The wunderkid on our practice squad many here deemed Luck Jr. in pre season.

30 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Chad Kelly

Yes.

48 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

No, Chad Kelly.  The wunderkid on our practice squad many here deemed Luck Jr. in pre season.

Yes.

Yeah, I'm not in the Chad Kelly contingency. As of right now, I'm really liking Joe Burrow, the QB from LSU. 

1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Yeah, I'm not in the Chad Kelly contingency. As of right now, I'm really liking Joe Burrow, the QB from LSU. 

Guess we'll see what he is against the Gator Defense tomorrow night.

Also want to point out, no rookie QB has ever reached, let alone won, the Super Bowl. Only Brady and Roethlisburger have come close (Wentz gets an honorable mention here) doing it in year 2. I think Wilson won in year 3, Goff in year 3 lost.  It's difficult for even the better rookie QB's to even get to, let alone win the SB. 

Would I like to see the Colts do it? (Like people thought Prescott might do a few years ago)

Sure. I don't expect it though, if we move on to a new QB. It will take getting the right one, and some good coaching/time to settle in.  Time will tell all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCurtis32 said:

I though you were talking about charlie Kirkhoffer.... ha ha

Only if it is the one related to the Polk High, 4 TD standout-

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Guess we'll see what he is against the Gator Defense tomorrow night.

Also want to point out, no rookie QB has ever reached, let alone won, the Super Bowl. Only Brady and Roethlisburger have come close (Wentz gets an honorable mention here). In year 2. I think Wilson won in year 3, Goff in year 3 lost.  It's difficult for even the better rookie QB's to even get to, let alone win the SB. 

Would I like to see the Colts do it? (Like people thought Prescott might do a few years ago)

Sure. I don't expect it though, if we move on to a new QB. It will take getting the right one, and some good coaching/time to settle in.  Time will tell all.

Yeah no rookie has started and won a SB you are correct. Marino made the SB in year 2 as well in 1984 with the Dolphins but lost, Mahomes was actually in year 2 last year but fell short too. Tom and Ben were in year 2 when they won it all as you stated. Regarding Wentz, that SB win belongs to Foles, Wentz got a ring because he was on the team. Kurt Warner was also in year 2 when he won it all.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding Wentz, that SB win belongs to Foles, Wentz got a ring because he was on the team.

Remember, Wentz was on pace to win the NFL MVP award in 2017, just in his second season in the league. Wentz threw for 3,296 yards with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions before an ACL injury in December derailed his season.  That's why the HM. He got them that close. And he was the most NFL ready QB (to me) that year he was drafted).

Pederson/Reich/Foles teamed up to drive that Eagle team home. Foles did get the job done, but the bulk of the load was Wentz that year.

Good catch on Marino, and Mahomes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Remember, Wentz was on pace to win the NFL MVP award in 2017, just in his second season in the league. Wentz threw for 3,296 yards with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions before an ACL injury in December derailed his season.  That's why the HM. He got them that close. And he was the most NFL QB (to me) that year he was drafted).

Pederson/Reich/Foles teamed up to drive that Eagle team home. Foles did get the job done, but the bulk of the load was Wentz that year.

Oh very true, Wentz was playing great that year but I was just going by who the starter was in that SB. That is what people look at as far as winning that game. I see your point as in without Wentz the Eagles may not have had the #1 seed they had. So yeah I can buy honorable mention for him. 

32 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Dog Puppy GIF by Originals

Friendly Reminder from TigerTown    

Everything Will Be Okay 

tenor.gif?itemid=3412182

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kurt Warner was also in year 2 when he won it all.

That’s true.  Warner was on the Rams’ roster in ‘98.  But 1999 was Warner’s first substantial year.  He was 3rd string the prior year and appeared in 1 game.

And, of course, he had spent 2 seasons in the Arena League and 1 in NFL Europe before all that.

But you’re right that, technically, he wasn’t an NFL rookie in their SB year.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 10:37 AM, coltsva said:

Funny line from Todd Haislop.

”the Redskins Dolphins game is still going to be on fox, and not flexed to Cartoon Network.”

a Play on this text  over a week earlier-

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

That’s true.  Warner was on the Rams’ roster in ‘98.  But 1999 was Warner’s first substantial year.  He was 3rd string the prior year and appeared in 1 game.

And, of course, he had spent 2 seasons in the Arena League and 1 in NFL Europe before all that.

But you’re right that, technically, he wasn’t an NFL rookie in their SB year.

That is why I posted what I posted. There for a minute I thought Warner may have been a rookie, I had to look it up lmao 

On 10/9/2019 at 12:11 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me our 3-2 feels great considering Luck retired. We are showing we have a good coaching staff. Also the reason why this 3-2 feels great is because we have a great running game and we could easily be 4-1 in reality had Vinny made his kicks in the opener. 

You should feel good at 3-2. How good would the team be if Luck hadn’t retired , and had a year similar to last year. Brissett looks like a good game manager, but we have to see more. Will he be a Flacco type game manager , or take it to the next level ?

The talent , depth, and salary cap looks good for the Colts into the future. You can win a Super Bowl with a QB who is good , and a game manager. If you want to win multiple Super Bowls , Brissett has to keep developing into an

elite QB. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

You should feel good at 3-2. How good would the team be if Luck hadn’t retired , and had a year similar to last year. Brissett looks like a good game manager, but we have to see more. Will he be a Flacco type game manager , or take it to the next level ?

The talent , depth, and salary cap looks good for the Colts into the future. You can win a Super Bowl with a QB who is good , and a game manager. If you want to win multiple Super Bowls , Brissett has to keep developing into an

elite QB. 

I think Flacco was better than Dilfer. I posted on another thread that I thought JB could be just as good as Flacco with the team he has around him. 

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

a Play on this text  over a week earlier-

I guess Haislop is from the school of "I never met a joke I didn't steal."

• Haha 2

I have no doubt more than 80% of us believed the Chiefs would win that game. I didn't make a prediction, but had I done so? Crow would be on the menu.

Great for the other 20% that drink the kool-aide 24/7

3 hours ago, BrickHead said:

I have no doubt more than 80% of us believed the Chiefs would win that game. I didn't make a prediction, but had I done so? Crow would be on the menu.

Great for the other 20% that drink the kool-aide 24/7

I thought the Lions were going to beat the Chiefs the week prior. Am I drinking the Lions kool-aid?

As far as I'm concerned, going along with what 80% of the population thinks is drinking the kool-aid, especially when it comes to sports prognostication. Those predicting a Colts victory were refusing to drink the kool-aid.

On 10/11/2019 at 6:15 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Flacco was better than Dilfer. I posted on another thread that I thought JB could be just as good as Flacco with the team he has around him. 

I agree with that. I guess my point is it is entirely possible to win with JB with a strong running game and defense. 

2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I had a very similar thought when I saw @The Old Crow was the last poster in the topic lmao

At least the people that were here on Monday got to eat fresh crow.

Anyone just showing up is definitely eating old crow.

:peek:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Nadine said:

@The Old Crow funny to see you in a crow eating thread.  Sorry, had to

crow GIF

Yep, I almost had to appear in this thread , even though I didn’t prognosticate against the Colts. Honestly, I was glad they wiped the smirk off Mahome’s face. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

At least the people that were here on Monday got to eat fresh crow.

Anyone just showing up is definitely eating old crow.

:peek:

I’m glad it’s not fried Raven ! 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I’m glad it’s not fried Raven ! 

Out of curiosity, when you look at posts does it say "Quoth" rather than "Quote"? :P

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Out of curiosity, when you look at posts does it say "Quoth" rather than "Quote"? :P

Nevermore !!!!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Nevermore.

:hat:

I was on vacation so didn't really have a chance to respond to this thread after the Colts beat the Chefs (great googly moogly).  I was one of the few on this board who mentioned several times that fans should not just consider the Chiefs game a loss and had several posters jump on those posts and tell me that the Colts just don't stand a chance.

That being said, I don't understand the whole"eat crow" mentality.  They act like those that thought the Colts would lose are the only posters that have ever been wrong on something they predicted. 

Fans are wrong quite often. Many will come back, step up, and own it.  A few disappear for awhile.  Hopefully, threads as such as here is more of a lighthearted nature and also offer opportunity for some to say   **Mea Culpa, I forgot about "Any given Sunday."**

I never made a prediction, because I was hoping for a W. But I will admit I had little conviction in that hope until the game progressed. (From that cautiously optimistic outlook that I often have) So-

mea-culpa-mea-culpa-mea-mc3a1xima-culpa.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Fans are wrong quite often. Many will come back, step up, and own it.  A few disappear for awhile.  Hopefully, threads as such as here is more of a lighthearted nature and also offer opportunity for some to say   **Mea Culpa, I forgot about "Any given Sunday."**

I never made a prediction, because I was hoping for a W. But I will admit I had little conviction in that hope until the game progressed. (From that cautiously optimistic outlook that I often have) So-

mea-culpa-mea-culpa-mea-mc3a1xima-culpa.

The ones that one admit when they are wrong (and we all know who they are) won't come to an "eat crow" thread either.

• Haha 1

i think eating crow is kind of silly.  three possible outcomes in a nfl game, no one is going to guess right 100% of the time.  should we have to eat crow every time we get one wrong?

vegas got it wrong too, they probably lost money on this game

15 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Fans are wrong quite often.

shocked the princess bride GIF

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think eating crow is kind of silly.  three possible outcomes in a nfl game, no one is going to guess right 100% of the time.  should we have to eat crow every time we get one wrong?

vegas got it wrong too, they probably lost money on this game

Vegas eating crow is brilliant creep creeping GIFtrash crow GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When @The Old Crow showed up that made this thread 10X funnier. 

Can you imagine if I had picked KC ? I would have been picked clean by a crow, like a Maryland Blue Crab on the side of the road ! 

• Haha 3