Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
pacolts56

Official Crow Eating Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Nope, never mentioned him as the answer either. My faith is fully in the 2020 QB class. 

 

I'm saying that's who CK was in the other post, not Kap.  Nobody said anything about Kap.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Colin Kaepernick? Lol what?

 

No, Chad Kelly.  The wunderkid on our practice squad many here deemed Luck Jr. in pre season.

 

30 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Chad Kelly

 

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

No, Chad Kelly.  The wunderkid on our practice squad many here deemed Luck Jr. in pre season.

 

 

Yes.

 

Yeah, I'm not in the Chad Kelly contingency. As of right now, I'm really liking Joe Burrow, the QB from LSU. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

 

Yeah, I'm not in the Chad Kelly contingency. As of right now, I'm really liking Joe Burrow, the QB from LSU. 

 

 

Guess we'll see what he is against the Gator Defense tomorrow night.

 

Also want to point out, no rookie QB has ever reached, let alone won, the Super Bowl. Only Brady and Roethlisburger have come close (Wentz gets an honorable mention here) doing it in year 2. I think Wilson won in year 3, Goff in year 3 lost.  It's difficult for even the better rookie QB's to even get to, let alone win the SB. 

 

Would I like to see the Colts do it? (Like people thought Prescott might do a few years ago)

Sure. I don't expect it though, if we move on to a new QB. It will take getting the right one, and some good coaching/time to settle in.  Time will tell all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCurtis32 said:

I though you were talking about charlie Kirkhoffer.... ha ha

 

Only if it is the one related to the Polk High, 4 TD standout-

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Guess we'll see what he is against the Gator Defense tomorrow night.

 

Also want to point out, no rookie QB has ever reached, let alone won, the Super Bowl. Only Brady and Roethlisburger have come close (Wentz gets an honorable mention here). In year 2. I think Wilson won in year 3, Goff in year 3 lost.  It's difficult for even the better rookie QB's to even get to, let alone win the SB. 

 

Would I like to see the Colts do it? (Like people thought Prescott might do a few years ago)

Sure. I don't expect it though, if we move on to a new QB. It will take getting the right one, and some good coaching/time to settle in.  Time will tell all.

Yeah no rookie has started and won a SB you are correct. Marino made the SB in year 2 as well in 1984 with the Dolphins but lost, Mahomes was actually in year 2 last year but fell short too. Tom and Ben were in year 2 when they won it all as you stated. Regarding Wentz, that SB win belongs to Foles, Wentz got a ring because he was on the team. Kurt Warner was also in year 2 when he won it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding Wentz, that SB win belongs to Foles, Wentz got a ring because he was on the team.

 

Remember, Wentz was on pace to win the NFL MVP award in 2017, just in his second season in the league. Wentz threw for 3,296 yards with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions before an ACL injury in December derailed his season.  That's why the HM. He got them that close. And he was the most NFL ready QB (to me) that year he was drafted).

 

Pederson/Reich/Foles teamed up to drive that Eagle team home. Foles did get the job done, but the bulk of the load was Wentz that year.

 

Good catch on Marino, and Mahomes.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Remember, Wentz was on pace to win the NFL MVP award in 2017, just in his second season in the league. Wentz threw for 3,296 yards with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions before an ACL injury in December derailed his season.  That's why the HM. He got them that close. And he was the most NFL QB (to me) that year he was drafted).

 

Pederson/Reich/Foles teamed up to drive that Eagle team home. Foles did get the job done, but the bulk of the load was Wentz that year.

 

Oh very true, Wentz was playing great that year but I was just going by who the starter was in that SB. That is what people look at as far as winning that game. I see your point as in without Wentz the Eagles may not have had the #1 seed they had. So yeah I can buy honorable mention for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Dog Puppy GIF by Originals

 

Friendly Reminder from TigerTown    

    Everything Will Be Okay 

tenor.gif?itemid=3412182

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kurt Warner was also in year 2 when he won it all.

 

That’s true.  Warner was on the Rams’ roster in ‘98.  But 1999 was Warner’s first substantial year.  He was 3rd string the prior year and appeared in 1 game.

 

And, of course, he had spent 2 seasons in the Arena League and 1 in NFL Europe before all that.

 

But you’re right that, technically, he wasn’t an NFL rookie in their SB year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 10:37 AM, coltsva said:

Funny line from Todd Haislop.

 

”the Redskins Dolphins game is still going to be on fox, and not flexed to Cartoon Network.”

 

a Play on this text  over a week earlier-

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

 

That’s true.  Warner was on the Rams’ roster in ‘98.  But 1999 was Warner’s first substantial year.  He was 3rd string the prior year and appeared in 1 game.

 

And, of course, he had spent 2 seasons in the Arena League and 1 in NFL Europe before all that.

 

But you’re right that, technically, he wasn’t an NFL rookie in their SB year.

That is why I posted what I posted. There for a minute I thought Warner may have been a rookie, I had to look it up lmao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 12:11 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me our 3-2 feels great considering Luck retired. We are showing we have a good coaching staff. Also the reason why this 3-2 feels great is because we have a great running game and we could easily be 4-1 in reality had Vinny made his kicks in the opener. 


You should feel good at 3-2. How good would the team be if Luck hadn’t retired , and had a year similar to last year. Brissett looks like a good game manager, but we have to see more. Will he be a Flacco type game manager , or take it to the next level ?

The talent , depth, and salary cap looks good for the Colts into the future. You can win a Super Bowl with a QB who is good , and a game manager. If you want to win multiple Super Bowls , Brissett has to keep developing into an

elite QB. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:


You should feel good at 3-2. How good would the team be if Luck hadn’t retired , and had a year similar to last year. Brissett looks like a good game manager, but we have to see more. Will he be a Flacco type game manager , or take it to the next level ?

The talent , depth, and salary cap looks good for the Colts into the future. You can win a Super Bowl with a QB who is good , and a game manager. If you want to win multiple Super Bowls , Brissett has to keep developing into an

elite QB. 

I think Flacco was better than Dilfer. I posted on another thread that I thought JB could be just as good as Flacco with the team he has around him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

a Play on this text  over a week earlier-

 

I guess Haislop is from the school of "I never met a joke I didn't steal."

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no doubt more than 80% of us believed the Chiefs would win that game. I didn't make a prediction, but had I done so? Crow would be on the menu.

 

Great for the other 20% that drink the kool-aide 24/7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrickHead said:

I have no doubt more than 80% of us believed the Chiefs would win that game. I didn't make a prediction, but had I done so? Crow would be on the menu.

 

Great for the other 20% that drink the kool-aide 24/7

I thought the Lions were going to beat the Chiefs the week prior. Am I drinking the Lions kool-aid?

 

As far as I'm concerned, going along with what 80% of the population thinks is drinking the kool-aid, especially when it comes to sports prognostication. Those predicting a Colts victory were refusing to drink the kool-aid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 6:15 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Flacco was better than Dilfer. I posted on another thread that I thought JB could be just as good as Flacco with the team he has around him. 


I agree with that. I guess my point is it is entirely possible to win with JB with a strong running game and defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

I had a very similar thought when I saw @The Old Crow was the last poster in the topic lmao

 

At least the people that were here on Monday got to eat fresh crow.

 

Anyone just showing up is definitely eating old crow.

 

:peek:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nadine said:

@The Old Crow funny to see you in a crow eating thread.  Sorry, had to

crow GIF


Yep, I almost had to appear in this thread , even though I didn’t prognosticate against the Colts. Honestly, I was glad they wiped the smirk off Mahome’s face. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

At least the people that were here on Monday got to eat fresh crow.

 

Anyone just showing up is definitely eating old crow.

 

:peek:


I’m glad it’s not fried Raven ! 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Old Crow said:


I’m glad it’s not fried Raven ! 

 

Out of curiosity, when you look at posts does it say "Quoth" rather than "Quote"? :P

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

Out of curiosity, when you look at posts does it say "Quoth" rather than "Quote"? :P


Nevermore !!!!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

Out of curiosity, when you look at posts does it say "Quoth" rather than "Quote"? :P

 

Nevermore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:hat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on vacation so didn't really have a chance to respond to this thread after the Colts beat the Chefs (great googly moogly).  I was one of the few on this board who mentioned several times that fans should not just consider the Chiefs game a loss and had several posters jump on those posts and tell me that the Colts just don't stand a chance.

 

That being said, I don't understand the whole"eat crow" mentality.  They act like those that thought the Colts would lose are the only posters that have ever been wrong on something they predicted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans are wrong quite often. Many will come back, step up, and own it.  A few disappear for awhile.  Hopefully, threads as such as here is more of a lighthearted nature and also offer opportunity for some to say   **Mea Culpa, I forgot about "Any given Sunday."**

 

I never made a prediction, because I was hoping for a W. But I will admit I had little conviction in that hope until the game progressed. (From that cautiously optimistic outlook that I often have) So-

 

mea-culpa-mea-culpa-mea-mc3a1xima-culpa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Fans are wrong quite often. Many will come back, step up, and own it.  A few disappear for awhile.  Hopefully, threads as such as here is more of a lighthearted nature and also offer opportunity for some to say   **Mea Culpa, I forgot about "Any given Sunday."**

 

I never made a prediction, because I was hoping for a W. But I will admit I had little conviction in that hope until the game progressed. (From that cautiously optimistic outlook that I often have) So-

 

mea-culpa-mea-culpa-mea-mc3a1xima-culpa.

The ones that one admit when they are wrong (and we all know who they are) won't come to an "eat crow" thread either.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think eating crow is kind of silly.  three possible outcomes in a nfl game, no one is going to guess right 100% of the time.  should we have to eat crow every time we get one wrong?

 

vegas got it wrong too, they probably lost money on this game

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Fans are wrong quite often.

shocked the princess bride GIF

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think eating crow is kind of silly.  three possible outcomes in a nfl game, no one is going to guess right 100% of the time.  should we have to eat crow every time we get one wrong?

 

vegas got it wrong too, they probably lost money on this game

 

 

Vegas eating crow is brilliant creep creeping GIFtrash crow GIF

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When @The Old Crow showed up that made this thread 10X funnier. 


Can you imagine if I had picked KC ? I would have been picked clean by a crow, like a Maryland Blue Crab on the side of the road ! 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere else on this forum but regarding Kelly and others, Reich and Ballard are always harping on competition and position battles to build a stronger team. It seems to me the 2 weakest areas on this team are the 2 they haven't allowed any competition, qb and kicker. Just an observation. I can't complain about being 6-6, I thought we'd go 11-5 or 10-6, just couldn't get it done in key moments of some games(the qb and kicker really let us down at times). It's not over yet though, if we can win out we still have a chance at the post season.
    • It was definitely not a good story ending for the underdogs, or a triumphant tale like Rudy, that's for darn sure..... All kids should have a similar experience though lol... It's a welcome to reality moment.    Finding tape on guys is much much easier that it used to be. I'm definitely no expert though. I'm just someone that prefers stats and film to watching a bunch of brainless TV shows lol.  It's more of something to do around the draft/FA period when there's not football to watch. To me, the more you know, the more interesting the season is. Also the more realistic you are about some guys.
    • To get this back on track. The more I read and hear from so called experts. It would not be shocking that Ballard just continues to build around JB and draft a QB in like round 3-4. You hear Florio say that the Colts are happy and moving forward with JB. Then you see these colts.com post these stats about the offense and JB particularly.    Colts Offense   Fourth in the NFL and second in the AFC in rushing yards (139 per game)   Tied for 10th in the NFL in fewest sacks allowed (24)   Ninth in the NFL in sack percentage allowed (6.14)   Fifth in the NFL in first downs per game (22.2)   Ninth in the NFL in third down conversion percentage (44.23)   Third in the NFL in 3rd-and-short [less than four yards] conversion percentage (72.9)   Fifth in the NFL in 3rd-and-10-plus conversion percentage (26.7)   Seventh in the NFL in fourth down conversion percentage (62.5)   Tied for fifth in the NFL in fourth downs converted (10)   Tied for eighth in the NFL in red zone touchdown scoring percentage (63.64)   Seventh in the NFL in average time of possession (31:26)   Tied for third in the NFL in touchdowns off 10-play drives (13)   Tied for fourth in the NFL in 10-play drives (26)   Second in the NFL in average number of plays on scoring drives (9.00)   Tied for third in the NFL in red zone touchdowns (28)   Tied for third in the NFL in players recording three or more receiving touchdowns (4)   10th in the NFL in PFF offensive rating (75.8)   10th in the NFL in PFF pass blocking rating (74.4)   Second in the NFL in PFF run blocking rating (82.6)   Quarterback Jacoby Brissett   Eighth in the AFC in completion percentage (64.3)   Tied for sixth in the AFC in passing touchdowns (16)   Fifth in the AFC in touchdown percentage (4.9)   Tied for sixth in the AFC in fewest interceptions (6)   Sixth in the AFC in interception percentage (1.8)   Sixth in the AFC in passer rating (93.2)   Sixth in the AFC in third down passer rating (88.7)   Tied for first in the NFL in third-and-one rushing conversion percentage (100)   Tied for fifth in the NFL in rushing touchdowns among quarterbacks (3)   Tied for sixth in the NFL in red zone passing touchdowns (14)   Tied for sixth in the NFL in passing touchdowns within 10-yard line (10)   10th in the NFL among qualified quarterbacks in fumbling grade (62.6)   Seventh in the NFL in undesigned QB scrambles (25)*   Eighth in the NFL in adjusted completion percentage (76.3)*   Tied for fourth in the NFL in fewest interceptions under pressure (1)*   Third in the NFL in completion percentage in clean pocket (75.0)*   Tied for 10th in the NFL in fewest interceptions in clean pocket (5)*   Third in the NFL in adjusted completion percentage in clean pocket (83.0)*   10th in the NFL in passer rating in clean pocket (107.5)*   Fifth in the NFL in play action completion percentage difference (7.0)*   Tied for fourth in the NFL in play action passing touchdowns (7)*   Tied for seventh in the NFL in fewest play action interceptions (1)*   Ninth in the NFL in play action completion percentage (69.3)*   Eighth in the NFL in play action passer rating (110.5)*   Tied for eighth in the NFL in fewest non-play action interceptions (5)*   Third in the NFL in average time in pocket (3.01 seconds)*   Fifth in the NFL in average time to run/scramble (5.61 seconds)*   First in the NFL in fewest percentage of dropbacks with ball held for less than 2.5 seconds (36.7)*   Tied for sixth in the NFL in completion percentage with ball held for less than 2.5 seconds (75.0)*   Ninth in the NFL in passer rating with ball held for less than 2.5 seconds (102.9)*   First in the NFL in dropbacks with ball held for more than 2.5 seconds (63.3)*   10th in the NFL in completion percentage with ball held for more than 2.5 seconds (58.2)*   Tied for seventh in the NFL in fewest interceptions with ball held for more than 2.5 seconds (3)*
    • While I agree he got a bit of a raw deal, and agree he probably works well with FR, I think he's a bit of fool's gold built on one rare year. He'd be an upgrade over JB for sure in FR's system, but I'd rather go young and get a guy to grow long term with. 
    • Yeah, the hooded evil genius just needs to retire and go away lol. It's just unfair to the rest of the league.    Shan gets it now, but I think they'll have a little late fall from grace and end up a 5 in the NFC. The way the schedule plays out, I can see Seattle taking their division. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...