Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Refs

TimetobringDfence!

As stated, the PI on TY - mind boggling they didn't overturn it.

The INT - clearly not conclusive the ball hit the ground. Call on the field should stand.

The PI's on Rock and Odum, unbelievable.

The officiating in this league is embarrassing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, coltsva said:

The INT - clearly not conclusive the ball hit the ground. Call on the field should stand.

It is but that just makes it even better, not only did we beat the Chiefs, at their field but did it against crappy refs

• Like 5

Really not sure how they overturned the pick... Or how the catch fumble got flipped.... At least one of those calls benefits the chiefs if it were the other way around.... That crowd and team was almost in the heads of officials they were crying for flags on every single play.... Spoiled, entitled BBQ drinkers..... 

32 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Not to mention, that was an interception by Okereke, and that PI on Hilton was garbage. 

Ya I think you cant overturn that call you cant see good enough to say that ball hit the ground. Also I 100% agree that PI on Rock and on Hilton was total garbage and that no fumble with Kelce was ridiculous two hands on the ball two feet down turned his head to start up field ball out fumble all day long.

27 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Im sick of it man these refs need to take 2 weeks off then quit.

24 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It is but that just makes it even better, not only did we beat the Chiefs, at their field but did it against crappy refs

^ THIS ^

We beat one of the best teams in the league, we beat their MVP, we beat their 12th man (that famous Arrowhead home-crowd) and we beat the 13th man (refs).

The Colts were not going to be denied tonight.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Yeah... The reviews were "butt" backwards. They assumed the way the ball popped up that it must have hit the ground. Then they have a conclusive replay that shows the Db moving into TY , causing minor contact  and they don't reverse it. 

This crew is very flag happy.  They did the Packers Eagles game a couple of weeks ago and I thought it then and then tonight just confirmed it.

The INT that was overturned was really bad, if that’s clear and obvious then so was the PI on TY and that should have been over turned.  

Realistically the reason the PI wasn’t overturned is because the officials don’t like that their judgement can be challenged it’s becoming clear they are trying to kill this rule by just not overturning anything.  Personally I think Goodell should step in and tell his head of officials follow the rules or I will find someone who will.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

The chiefs player put his heal on the out of bounds line. Never reviewed. The TY call was stupid. How that wasn't reversed, is beyond my understanding. 

The INT did hit the ground. We got the ball anyway. 

The WR who stepped out of bounds is a play which Reich would have had to review.  At that point in the game I think we were either out of timeouts or we had already lost one challenge.  Also, they called PI on Ya-Sin on that play (which I didn't agree with), but even it was reviewed, I believe they would have just upheld the PI and gave KC the first down at the spot where Ya-Sin 'pushed' the guy out.

I couldn't hear the game, as I had to watch at a bar... so I don't know what the announcers were saying, but I assume they called the play as TY setting a 'pick' and while he didn't really introduce contact w/ the DB, it sure did look like the route was set up for TY to interfere w/ the DB's path.  IMO, the PI reviews are more difficult than reviewing fumbles/INTs/etc. as there seems to be more lee-way on what constitutes 'indisputable evidence.'  

I think the refs were pretty bad throughout the game, but oh well... we overcame that and played very good football to get the W.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

The chiefs player put his heal on the out of bounds line. Never reviewed. The TY call was stupid. How that wasn't reversed, is beyond my understanding. 

They explained the guy who went out of bounds later.  If the PI caused him to go out of bounds he can catch it.  Clearly that’s a judgement call but there was a case to be made that’s what made him go out of bounds.

Also, it wasn’t reviewed because the Colts didn’t challenge it.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Hell KC was committing so many penalties I dont think the refs knew what to do. The were getting scared to call them. But damn some of the ones they called on the Colts were obvious attwmpts.to give KC a chance to take control.

That is why a boxer should never let it go to the score cards. We didn't luckily. That PI call on TY made me run down the hall way in anger haha  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Can someone explain that pass interference standing? How in the world was that not overturned? 

The refs have made it known they don’t like the new rule because it’s always been a judgement call so they are making it clear they just aren’t going to overturn those calls.  McAfee has been railing about this on his show this past week and he’s right.  

Personally I think Goodell needs to tell the head officials I don’t care if you don’t like the rule enforce it or I will find someone who will.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

the refs should be fined for bad calls or no calls after the league reviews the tape

I believe they are the league just doesn’t publicize it.  They do it in private to make it seem like they have their officials backs which they have to do, even when they are wrong, or the officials will lose their authority on the field.

4 minutes ago, C0LT5 said:

After Turay was hurt why didn't the game clock start up? Both teams were out of timeouts and we just got a sack. They waited to start it on the hike.

Typically, if a player is injured late in the game like that, the team of the injured player gets charged a timeout.  We didn't have any timeouts left, but I assume the reason the clock didn't start until the hike is because the injured player was on the defensive team.

3 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Typically, if a player is injured late in the game like that, the team of the injured player gets charged a timeout.  We didn't have any timeouts left, but I assume the reason the clock didn't start until the hike is because the injured player was on the defensive team.

You are correct.  If the team is out of timeouts it’s just an officials timeout.  I believe the clock restarts on the officials whistle but in the situation like tonight the Chiefs were ready to go the moment the clock started.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vinny is now talking, this is great stuff haha. He said they knocked us out of the playoffs last year so this was a great win.

Yeah, what's that famous Mark Twain quote again? Oh yes, "“The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.” You proved that tonight Adam with your accurate foot. Darn right! :thmup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I couldn't agree more F2us. Excellent points. Uh huh. That TY penalty was so horrible. It looked even worse on replay. What were the refs even looking at? Send that entire officiating crew to the optometrist immediately. 

• Like 1