Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Broncos on the verge of blowing it up -- Von Miller on the block?

Imgrandojji

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-moving-closer-to-fire-sale-and-even-von-miller-could-be-moved-before-deadline/

Even if he's not what he used to be I still want Ballard in on that.  he's a veteran defender with vast quantities of experience for our young guys to tap into and can still hold his own out there. 

An ideal veteran piece who exactly fills one of our biggest holes?  Get on it, Ballard!

2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-moving-closer-to-fire-sale-and-even-von-miller-could-be-moved-before-deadline/

Even if he's not what he used to be I still want Ballard in on that.  he's a veteran defender with vast quantities of experience for our young guys to tap into and can still hold his own out there. 

An ideal veteran piece who exactly fills one of our biggest holes?  Get on it, Ballard!

Has he ever played DE?

On 10/6/2019 at 6:52 PM, Chloe6124 said:

If this team was one guy I seat from the SB I would say to for it. Fact is we aren’t so you might as well work with what you have and hope it improves.

Ask the roster if they believe they are going to the SB or not? The Colts can become consistent on both sides of the ball like vs KC or there is the other route. Point is they're capable of both. You dont go into KC completely decimated by injuries, punch them in the jaw, and come out thinking you're one man short of competing for a SB. The Colts have proven they can go on a run, and to be completely honest, I dont see the Colts beating KC with Andrew at the helm. 

Looking at the remainder of the schedule the only team I can see this team having major issues with is the Saints. But dont be surprised to see Reich ride the Oline and Mack all the way to the playoffs. 

1st step. Beat Houston. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 5:13 PM, zibby43 said:

Aging pass rushers just don't interest me.

Houston has been a disappointment this year.  Last FA pass rusher that really excited me was Mack. 

I don't see how Houston has been a disappointment.  He's not elite anymore but we didn't pay him like he was elite either.  

No one thought we where getting someone who was going to put up 22 sacks in a season.  

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I don't see how Houston has been a disappointment.  He's not elite anymore but we didn't pay him like he was elite either.  

No one thought we where getting someone who was going to put up 22 sacks in a season.  

I posted that before the KC game, and then he proceeded to have his best, most impactful game of the season.

No one expected double digit sacks, but I was expecting more than 1 through the first 4 games prior to the KC game. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zibby43 said:

I posted that before the KC game, and then he proceeded to have his best, most impactful game of the season.

No one expected double digit sacks, but I was expecting more than 1 through the first 4 games prior to the KC game. 

I think the better question is if he's applying pressure or not. 

4 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

IMO Von Miller makes more sense to the Pats since he would be an added piece to an already stacked D that’s built to win THIS year.  Although I rather get Sanders than him I could see BB pulling the trigger on either of them.

I would love for the Colts to land Miller, I still think he has an easy 2 or 3 years left in him where he can dominate. That would give us Houston, Leonard, and Miller = pretty scary. Ballard will never trade for him though IMO, not his style of move.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:00 AM, Valpo2004 said:

I think he has been very disappointing.   He hasn't found himself in many plays.   Not a whole lot of pressure either.  If not for his timely tackle against the Chiefs, it would have been another ho hum performance.  

We are paying him over $14 million for 1 year.  

image.png.d67fb573b4c01ec7bf4ed8c40f3de206.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I think he has been very disappointing.   He hasn't found himself in many plays.   Not a whole lot of pressure either.  If not for his timely tackle against the Chiefs, it would have been another ho hum performance.  

We are paying him over $14 million for 1 year.  

image.png.d67fb573b4c01ec7bf4ed8c40f3de206.png

Yes but the market for edge rushers tops out at 23.5 M.

And lets not forget that contract is front end loaded.  Next year his cap hit goes down to 9M.