Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stefon Diggs?

Imgrandojji

Rumors are he wants out of MIN.  We really could use a veteran receiver to keep the pressure off TY.  We thought it was gonna be Funchess but who knows when hell get healthy, even when he's back on the field it'll take the guy awhile to get up to speed.  IMHO if we're trying to contend you can only play the "when healthy" card for just so long. 

Sooner or later you have to make the move to bring in bodies, and hope the wounded warriors can suppliment them well later on.  Funchess ISN'T healthy, and it'll be weeks before he is.  Bring in some replacement talent ASAP if you want to contend.

Sounds to me like things line up.  We're desperate for an experienced wideout and MIN has a malcontent wideout they might be willing to part with.

We ought to be able to make an attractive deal for Digs, who instantly makes our offense better by providing a 1-2 punch with him and TY.  Diggs would also help keep TY healthy because defenses would have to respect other receiving options and couldn't just put bodies on TY.   I would say we seem to have enough QB talent and offensive coaching to make good use of a deep guy like Diggs and he would instantly add a dimension to the offense we don't have right now.

If I'm in Ballard's shoes, I'm asking what it would take.  And if the price isn't insane, I'm considering my options to bring him in.

Rumors are that KC and NE are both making subtle inquiries about Diggs, so getting in there before either one of them blows the doors open seems like a good idea anyway.

A 1-2-3 of TY, Diggs and Funchess (when healthy) with Pascal as WR 4 starts to sound a lot like a real offense to me.

I can see Ballard inquiring about Diggs like I think he has about a number of players under similar circumstances.  So far he has stayed the course.  I am not seeing him thinking a WR is a priority but you never know.  A lot could change before the trade deadline especially if we manage an upset of KC.  

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

Also of note, he is signed through the 2023 season.

Which is the big reason I can see Ballard making a move.  This gives us a relatively young, very experienced WR for an extended period of time. 

If Diggs was in a contract year I'd stay hands off, because I don't think that this is the target year for Ballard, but Diggs would be here throughout our projectable window and that's the big reason I'm interested

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

if hes not happy there what makes you think he would be more happy here?  

We're a young team with an upward trajectory.  The Vikings... aren't.

I see this team being competitive for at least the next few years, especially if Ballard continues to build the defense.  The Vikings have been a joke since the Minneapolis Miracle.

2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

We're a young team with an upward trajectory.  The Vikings... aren't.

I see this team being competitive for at least the next few years, especially if Ballard continues to build the defense.  The Vikings have been a joke since the Minneapolis Miracle.

they have a better defense than us, on offense both teams are better at running than passing.  colts and vikings are both middle of the pack teams 

they have the same record as us and are up 10-0 on the giants now. i would consider these two teams pretty similar if i were an outsider choosing where to go