Indianapolis Colts
John Waylon

Players Ruled Out for Sunday:

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

What does aggressive mean though? While we've been aggressive on stuff like 4th down, we've been pretty conservative from a pure play calling perspective. 

If we were at full health on both sides of the ball, then sure, I'd be happy to open up the playbook and go for broke. Doesn't make a lot of sense to open up the playbook and show our cards given the likely outcome of a game which we are playing injured, on the road, and against the top team in the AFC.

I'm not saying roll over, but I'm holding new stuff for after the bye week. And if we're down big at half without a realistic chance of coming back, then I hope they use this as practice and get some of the young guys some experience (while keeping the starters healthy). Give Cain, MAC, and Hale a lot of time. Give our starting guys in the trenches (on both sides) some rest. 

Well he said he and the coaches are going through the analytics and when asked about scoring enough he talked about those analytics and being aggressive. I imagine that might be going for 2 after a TD or mayn’t going for more 4th downs. I do think we might see hoyer this game. I also expect Mahomes to be done early.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well he said he and the coaches are going through the analytics and when asked about scoring enough he talked about those analytics and being aggressive. I imagine that might be going for 2 after a TD or mayn’t going for more 4th downs.

I was thinking more like an all-out-blitz on most plays to put pressure on Mahomes. Something like that is a huge risk, but would need to be done to win this game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well he said he and the coaches are going through the analytics and when asked about scoring enough he talked about those analytics and being aggressive. I imagine that might be going for 2 after a TD or mayn’t going for more 4th downs. I do think we might see hoyer this game. I also expect Mahomes to be done early.

We don't need Hoyer. Brissett needs to work on timing and progressions, and grow much needed chemistry with some of the receivers. If Hoyer comes in, I'm turning the channel lol. Hell, give me CK over Hoyer.

If anything, I hope we simply go pass happy. Deep shots, and simply more volume of passing. Don't wait till we're down to toss the ball all over the playground in catch up mode. Ball control dink and dunk might slow things down a bit, but it isn't likely to win a game like this. Hit them in the mouth quickly and get them off their defensive game plan (you know what they're going to do). I'd also go blitz happy and play more man. If we let Mahomey sit back, he's gong to dance and eat us alive.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, a06cc said:

No we aren’t coward 

lol I don't see any reason to attack me

we are down our ballhawk in Hooker and the '18 All Pro and DROY in Leonard, meaning Mahomes can do exactly what he did in the playoffs. Maybe Brissett and the offense can keep up but I don't see it. Chances are, we are going to get destroyed. It's not that end of the world.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think I am going to watch the game. 

yes you will you are a colts addict just like i am

I think this game is going to show what kind of a coaching staff we really have, and how well our GM's plan is working.  Ballard has been drafting, releasing, and saying he want's the best competitive team on the field.

Some of the players that have been cut have been totally head scratchers to me.  Sunday night's game, imo will be what we can look forward to regarding how the rest of this season, and future seasons under his watch, play's out 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We should be unbeaten but it didn't work out that way cause Vinny failed to kick worth a crap against the chargers then our whole team failed to show up last week.

Our entire team didn't show up for 5 of the first 6 weeks last year and we made it to the playoffs and got a win.. Jacoby's performance week 3 was one of the best Colts QB performances of the past decade, starting the game 16-16... this team will be just fine.

The offense  didn't  show last year  in the playoff  game. They can't  afford  not to show this time.

10 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Our entire team didn't show up for 5 of the first 6 weeks last year and we made it to the playoffs and got a win.. Jacoby's performance week 3 was one of the best Colts QB performances of the past decade, starting the game 16-16... this team will be just fine.

One of the best performances of the past decade? That's a bit hyperbolic. Probably in the top 40 or so.

21 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

One of the best performances of the past decade? That's a bit hyperbolic. Probably in the top 40 or so.

Completion wise to start a game it was the best since 09 manning  versus the jags.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Completion wise to start a game it was the best since 09 manning  versus the jags.

Thanks @Stephen .. he didn't have an incredible comeback (he also didn't put himself in a hole, which is one of the reasons why Luck and Manning had a lot of incredible comebacks), but he set a tempo early and put us ahead and allowed our team to hold on... if we've got a chance to beat KC, we'll need to do something similar.  We controlled the ball for 20 min and 18 seconds (compared to ATL's 9 min 42 seconds) in the first half.... in large part because Jacoby just wasn't missing his targets or making any mistakes.. like Reich said after the game 'it's hard to imagine a QB playing better football than Jacoby did in that game.' (I'd argue in the first half of that game, and it has been a very long time since a QB on the Colts got off to a start like that).

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

So it was one of the best starts to a game ever...ok...but that's a bit more selective than just saying it was one of the best performances of the past decade. No statistical measure would support that...based on the overall game. 

On 10/5/2019 at 12:34 AM, colt18 said:

lol I don't see any reason to attack me

we are down our ballhawk in Hooker and the '18 All Pro and DROY in Leonard, meaning Mahomes can do exactly what he did in the playoffs. Maybe Brissett and the offense can keep up but I don't see it. Chances are, we are going to get destroyed. It's not that end of the world.

No what you said was some very cowardly. If you’re a fan no matter. These teams has a chance.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:58 PM, Flash7 said:

The Colts will go out there and give it their best shot!

They'll most likely lose, but they'll fight their hearts out. ....And then go into the bye week to get healthy.

Yes, I agree that’s exactly what’s going to happen. 

On 10/4/2019 at 1:02 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think I am going to watch the game. 

I really hope you didn’t watch!!! You didnt deserve to see this amazing team effort!!!! 

fat GIF

On 4 October 2019 at 9:13 PM, braveheartcolt said:

I think we will win. 

This is not a bold prediction, nor am I 'on something'.

Big Q is going to wreak havoc and Houston will play like a demon and smack Mahomes around all night.

Not a 'look at me' or a gloating post, just curious if Houston and Nelson lived up to my 'not bold' prediction?

Note: the original post was rather tongue in cheek......but sometimes you got to tempt the gods.......

edit - not seen the game yet....

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Not a 'look at me' or a gloating post, just curious if Houston and Nelson lived up to my 'not bold' prediction?

Note: the original post was rather tongue in cheek......but sometimes you got to tempt the gods.......

edit - not seen the game yet....

Yes.  Collinsworth highlighted the Colts line, especially Kelly, Nelson, and AC all night.  He really gave Nelson and AC some love.

Houston sacked Mahomes and got a stop on fourth down late and man if looks could kill Andy Reid would have been a dead man after that play from the look on Houston’s face.  

The Colts lines were why they won.  The let Mack pound it down KC throat and made sure Jacoby was untouched all night.  Then on defense they beat up Mahomes all night.

It makes you nervous now seeing Geathers coming back and how good Odum was. I think he played more FS though. At least we know Odum can play. There is no excuse for this defense now after what they showed tonight.

25 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes.  Collinsworth highlighted the Colts line, especially Kelly, Nelson, and AC all night.  He really gave Nelson and AC some love.

Houston sacked Mahomes and got a stop on fourth down late and man if looks could kill Andy Reid would have been a dead man after that play from the look on Houston’s face.  

The Colts lines were why they won.  The let Mack pound it down KC throat and made sure Jacoby was untouched all night.  Then on defense they beat up Mahomes all night.

Thanks pal. I have since watched the highlights on NFL.com (only 12 minutes worth), and it was pleasant viewing. Shall watch the full replay later today.

The bye has come at a good time......

On 10/4/2019 at 11:08 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I saw Hoyer........

Standing on the SIDELINE the whole game!  Haha

But at least you were right about Mahomes being done early.....

about half-time by my recallection.

I LOVE this game.

• Haha 1